• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyLogic

Or maybe it has 2 different evolutions according to gender. I read one leak saying that. I dont think is true, but who knows. That, or maybe salandits evolution is truly beautiful, but a dangerous beauty (and also seems to have to do with snakes).
All the women shown are beautiful and considered as such, but most are dangerous, even Medusa, was beautiful but was cursed by Aphrodite (or Venus, dont remember) for being so beautiful. In any case, Medusa was once beautiful, was cursed and became very ugly (so ugly she could petrify anyone that dared look her into her eyes: glare), going on a killing spree of everyone that tried to see her. The fox, according to what I read, is a spirit/demon that feeds on the hearts of humans in order to keep her lovely appearance (it seems that it could change form or learns some draining moves, dont know). Cleopatra was also considered very beautiful and was a powerful woman (being a pharaoh and all that), but the most interesting thing: she most likely died due to a cobra biting her (possibly indicating the design, or the "corrosion" ability, also: poison fang), this may or may not have been on purpose (indicating that salandit can poison itself being a poison type). The sirens have 2 forms: winged women with bird legs, and the famous mermaid ones (the picture provided ironically shows both, a mermaid with bird wings); in any of their forms they are beautiful semi-women that lure men with their voices (sometimes sleeping them: sing) to then rip them to pieces.
My guess for salandit evo is:
-Egyptian design. Maybe even cobra-like or similar to Cleopatra.
-Beautiful or attractive. Very likely women-like.
-Can get wings. Unlikely, but possible, specially if you take in account the 2 appendages behind salandits neck.

Edit: Ok, around 10 post before I completed mine, thats... a record xD

Well, like I said, I doubt they will reuse the siren theme if Salandit has it. Maybe it loses it's legs entirely and just becomes a snake. But like I said, I think we shouldn't compare them to Salandit.

roserade the warrior

That would be Venus, since it's the Roman version (I think it's the one where she actually lived near a lake in Italy). In the Greek version she was always ugly. But still the Roman version is just as valid as the Greek one.

lo-ve it! ^-^ Didn't even consider that those things could become wings!

Oh, ok thanks for the clarification, I keep messing the 2 myths together xD.

And for the wings part: I didnt too. But the sirens are there.

Well, like I said, I doubt they will reuse the siren theme if Salandit has it. Maybe it loses it's legs entirely and just becomes a snake. But like I said, I think we shouldn't compare them to Salandit.

I thought about that too (the snake evolution), but I dont think they are going to do a "snivy" again. Still, who knows?

The thing that is throwing us off is The Fox, which is a character from: The painted skin 2: Resurrection, which is a chinese movie.

Here is another image of the fox in her demon form, about to kill/attack the princess:
painted-skin.jpg

Last edited:

TyLogic

I thought about that too (the snake evolution), but I dont think they are going to do a "snivy" again. Still, who knows?

Maybe it's body will be similar to Scolipede but just more elegant. Sense most of these are mythical, there's a possibility that it's Poison-Fairy. Fire is the secondary type in Salandit. Secondary types are the most likely to change upon evolution.

Maybe it's body will be similar to Scolipede but just more elegant. Sense most of these are mythical, there's a possibility that it's Poison-Fairy. Fire is the secondary type in Salandit. Secondary types are the most likely to change upon evolution.

it's highly unlikely to change secondary typings of a pokemon in an evolution line (i know it happens, but its unlikely)
I think that due to the ability - corrosion - it's unlikely to lose fire (since fire is good against steel types, where poison is non-effective, thus the fire lets it poison steel types(something along those lines)) and i doubt it would go from that to especially something like fairy, where it would be weak to steel

XXD17

Draco rex
Does anyone have a screen shot of that post? I would like to take a look at it...as for the creatures depicted, all of them have to do with seduction besides Medusa I think....

Fox: in Chinese, a derogatory term to call women is "Hu li jing", which literally translates into "fox demon", but moreso is implying that the woman is seducing a man who's already in a relationship...

Cleopatra is one of the most famously depicted seductresses in history (as depicted by popular media of course)

Sirens seduce sailors...into crashing to their doom...

Medusa seems to be the exact opposite of these...

Maybe these are traits of salandit's evo? It could be a Gorgon lizard that seduces its prey?

TyLogic

I'm stumped too on the fox, but they are all feminine. At least they have that in common. But that's the problem. I'm pretty sure only one is the answer, and they seem too close to be able to rule anything out...Even the fox is close to them. Maybe we should come back when we can rule one out or when we can at least have a plausible answer...

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
What does this part mean of the Salandit riddle? "...is not that what the thieves do not fly into it ~" Salandit is a thief. Is he referencing this or is it an expression? Can someone post the pictures from this?

Also, is the heron-like bird in the new Generations short (Episode 5) supposed to be a Pokemon, or is it most likely just a bird?

2dtyplosion

What does this part mean of the Salandit riddle? "...is not that what the thieves do not fly into it ~" Salandit is a thief. Is he referencing this or is it an expression? Can someone post the pictures from this?

Also, is the heron-like bird in the new Generations short (Episode 5) supposed to be a Pokemon, or is it most likely just a bird?
These are the pics
proxy.jpg

TyLogic

Does anyone have a screen shot of that post? I would like to take a look at it...as for the creatures depicted, all of them have to do with seduction besides Medusa I think....

Fox: in Chinese, a derogatory term to call women is "Hu li jing", which literally translates into "fox demon", but moreso is implying that the woman is seducing a man who's already in a relationship...

Cleopatra is one of the most famously depicted seductresses in history (as depicted by popular media of course)

Sirens seduce sailors...into crashing to their doom...

Medusa seems to be the exact opposite of these...

Maybe these are traits of salandit's evo? It could be a Gorgon lizard that seduces its prey?

It's said as if only one of them is the evolution. So is it safe to rule out medusa? It has less in common with them when you put it like that.

I don't know... The translations are kind of weird. He's using a double negative in a sentence, which makes it difficult to understand. Sometimes, double negatives can work, however, this doesn't seem like one of those times...

LoveMcQueen5683

Oh iirc Nine-Taled foxes are said to be able to transform into beautiful women and like to seduce unwary men into their doom. So even more "female power to control males"

But we already have two nine tail foxes...and one of them being new from this gen...plus how would a lizard evolve into a fox?

I think fox is clearly the silly answer to the question.

BlahBlahJr.

Pokemon Scholar
I have this odd feeling that Oricorio is an evolved Pokémon. I am thinking that since it's practically proven that each form lives on a different island. Maybe, it's base form evolved based on which island it is on when it reaches a certain level.

Minior looks to have an evolved form for sure just by its design alone.

Salandit the same.

I am hoping that they round out the Alolan forms to about 20. 10 more would bring it to 21 total.
So far, we have;
Rattata - Dark/Normal
Raticate - Dark/Normal
Sandshrew - Ice/Steel
Sandslash - Ice/Steel
Raichu - Electric/Psychix
Vulpix - Ice
Ninetales - Ice/Fairy
Exeggutor - Grass/Dragon
Meowth - Dark
Persian - Dark
Marowak - Fire/Ghost

We could get, for example;
Butterfree - Bug/Psychic
Growlithe - Water
Arcanine - Water
Ekans - Poison/Dark
Arbok - Poison/Dark
Doduo - Flying/Fighting
Dodrio - Flying/Fighting
Lapras - Rock/Fire
Staryu - Water/Steel
Starmie - Water/Steel

Just some speculation...

Oh, how did i not even notice that? I don't think pokemon would just put a random bird there (I know they did early in the anime when there werent that many pokemon, but im pretty sure they stopped doing that) and i dont think it looks like a pokemon we already have (swanna would be the closest i think) so it might be a new pokemon (its around seconds 8-12 if someone wants to look at it)
Alolan pelipper? (kidding... probably)

BlahBlahJr.

Pokemon Scholar
Oh, how did i not even notice that? I don't think pokemon would just put a random bird there (I know they did early in the anime when there werent that many pokemon, but im pretty sure they stopped doing that) and i dont think it looks like a pokemon we already have (swanna would be the closest i think) so it might be a new pokemon (its around seconds 8-12 if someone wants to look at it)
Alolan pelipper? (kidding... probably)

It's clearly a Fearow.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
It's clearly a Fearow.

I looked at it for quite some time and it didn't look like a Fearow, but perhaps I missed the features. Thanks!

future.newyorker

I have this odd feeling that Oricorio is an evolved Pokémon. I am thinking that since it's practically proven that each form lives on a different island. Maybe, it's base form evolved based on which island it is on when it reaches a certain level.

Minior looks to have an evolved form for sure just by its design alone.

Salandit the same.

I am hoping that they round out the Alolan forms to about 20. 10 more would bring it to 21 total.
So far, we have;
Rattata - Dark/Normal
Raticate - Dark/Normal
Sandshrew - Ice/Steel
Sandslash - Ice/Steel
Raichu - Electric/Psychix
Vulpix - Ice
Ninetales - Ice/Fairy
Exeggutor - Grass/Dragon
Meowth - Dark
Persian - Dark
Marowak - Fire/Ghost

We could get, for example;
Butterfree - Bug/Psychic
Growlithe - Water
Arcanine - Water
Ekans - Poison/Dark
Arbok - Poison/Dark
Doduo - Flying/Fighting
Dodrio - Flying/Fighting
Lapras - Rock/Fire
Staryu - Water/Steel
Starmie - Water/Steel

Just some speculation...

Alolan Growlithe and Arcanine have already been debunked. And I would rather Alolan Ekans and Arbok be Poison/Water, to tie in with Ekans appearance in Pokémon 2000.

Leviticus20:13

Talonflame Falconer
Gen 7 could be the split evo gen, all kinds of split evos. Time of day, sex, friendship, anything really.

BlahBlahJr.

Pokemon Scholar
Alolan Growlithe and Arcanine have already been debunked. And I would rather Alolan Ekans and Arbok be Poison/Water, to tie in with Ekans appearance in Pokémon 2000.

How has the Growlithe and Arcanine been debunked? Granted it most likely isn't true, but it's all speculation and hope. If you're going to say it is debunked because we see Arcanine in a video, well we see both Meowth and Exeggutor in a video, we even see Meowth as early as the very first video, so anything is possible.

Plus, I like the idea of a Black Mamba like Ekans and Arbok.

There's not been that many split evos so far. Lots of different forms but not many confirmed split gen evolutions.

It's possible that Oricorio is a split evolved Pokémon. I had the theory that all four forms evolve from a single Pokémon based on the location of when it would evolve.

Last edited:

XXD17

Draco rex
Ok guys...I've finally got the time to properly look at the salandit post and this is what I got. Again, Italics are what I added in for the sake of clarification.

"The prior "rejected" (technically the characters used means "trashed" or "destroyed", but rejected makes more sense) post mentioned that poison burglar fire lizard's (salandit's) evolution was hinted at in its introductory text. (I think this is referring to a fake post that claimed to know what salandit will evolve into) At least, it was depicted to be a seducer (or a creature that lures things) (which was apparently correct). So then which one of the following is the evolution designed after? Attention (note): This riddle isn't in regards to anything new so it won't appear in any future riddles nor will the answer be revealed in the (chart) updates.

1) [Fox Demon] Nine-tailed fox
2) [Egyptian Queen] Cleopatra
3) [Gorgon] Medusa
4) [Sea Demon] Siren

I'll see you guys next time! Doesn't it seem like that a bandit evolving into any of these doesn't make any sense at all? (smirk)"

I personally think it's either Medusa or Cleopatra....

I also took a quick look at the post under it. Apparently, the "champion" that the backpacker mentions in the XY games is someone that has been revealed and instead of making random assumptions, it would b better to review some of the stuff we already know. Also, he mentions that Kahunas are Kahunas and to not try and connect them with any other relations.

Last edited:

TyLogic

Ok guys...I've finally got the time to properly look at the salandit post and this is what I got. Again, Italics are what I added in for the sake of clarification.

"The prior "rejected" (technically the characters used means "trashed" or "destroyed", but rejected makes more sense) post mentioned that poison burglar fire lizard's (salandit's) evolution was hinted at in its introductory text. (I think this is referring to a fake post that claimed to know what salandit will evolve into) At least, it was depicted to be a seducer (or a creature that lures things) (which was apparently correct). So then which one of the following is the evolution designed after? Attention (note): This riddle isn't in regards to anything new so it won't appear in any future riddles nor will the answer be revealed in the (chart) updates.

1) [Fox Demon] Nine-tailed fox
2) [Egyptian Queen] Cleopatra
3) [Gorgon] Medusa
4) [Sea Demon] Siren

I'll see you guys next time! Doesn't it seem like that a bandit evolving into any of these doesn't make any sense at all? (smirk)"

I personally think it's either Medusa or Cleopatra....

I also took a quick look at the post under it. Apparently, the "champion" that the backpacker mentions in the XY games is someone that has been revealed and instead of making random assumptions, it would b better to review some of the stuff we already know. Also, he mentions that Kahunas are Kahunas and to not try and connect them with any other relations.

Wow, so even the Riddler thinks that Salandits evolution doesn't really seem close to Salandit...

I hope he doesn't give a hint for the Champion. That'd be an answer I'd try to avoid...

Status
Not open for further replies.