• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dugtrio is literally three Digletts standing next to each other, Poilwrath is Poliwhirl with an angry expression, Electrobe is Voltorb turned on its head. Magneton is three Mangemites stuck together by magnetism. There are some pretty unspectacular evolutions.

But I am miffed that Wishiwashi's school form isn't an evo. Mainly because I really like the idea a giant fish that's created by a bunch of little fishies fusing together.

This is basically my opinion on the matter as well. Stuff like Magneton just being three Magnemite shows that evolution isn't a very strict concept.
Also agree that I would have preferred Wishiwashi as just a straight up collective evolution in the same veins as Mangeton, Dugtrio and so forth. But I don't really mind it being a forme change, it's just a slight preference.

Galvantulaman

Jararanga's design will have to grow on me, as i expected something different... But I kinda like it already, raptor-like stance, its disproportionately large arms/hands (as of Eelektross, M-Swampert, etc)... although a little over designed on what concerns the scales.
Hoping it's not the pseudo, as i wanted it in my team ASAP, and not having an evolution on level 60s~70s. Also, we deserve a little bit more creativity than yet another Dragon pseudo.

Silvadi, on the other hand, is just awesome. I'd never use Type: Null, but Silvadi might get a spot on my team. I feel it should have wings to complete the Gryphon/Chimera design I had in my head, but I guess they wanted it to feel "neutral-type".
Stat-wise, I'm expecting a high speed, actually. The helmet was supposed to slow it down, so it should have a huge leap in speed upon evolution (something like 30~50 to 90~110).
Unfortunately, I feel well get it as a gift from Gladion post game, like Steven's Beldum. Hope I'm wrong, though.

Actually I think both Type: Null and its evo do have A wing (singular)... it's right there on top of their heads. At first people assumed it was some kind of axe but there's no mistake now. Its a wing, with the little claw and all.

XXD17

Draco rex
Perhaps they are defining this as an evolution simply because you can't change Type: Null back once the mask is destroyed? In every other respect it seems like you are simply letting it be what it would have been without the mask from the start.

That's exactly what I'm thinking...I could be completely wrong of course, but it feels like this "evolution" for Type: Null is more like a irreversible form change rather than an actual evolution in the sense of Pokémon. According to lore, Type Null was created to have great power and the helmet was put on to contain that power...does that mean it de-evolved since it was obviously created as silvadi first? It just feels like they are calling it an evolution, but it's more like a new kind of irreversible form change...I mean, like everyone said, the differences aren't subtle, but rather nonexistent. Silvadi is literally Type: Null without its helmet. That's it. Its fur now glows white because it's power has been relinquished and the crest on its head is allowed to open, which was held closed by the helmet before...even with poliwhirl and poliwrath, poliwrath is much beefier and the eyes look different. With dugtrio and diglett, the dugtrio are larger. Even with magnemite and magneton, their magnet/body ratio was different back in gen 1...of course I could be wrong...when it come down to it, confirmation is simple. Either they tell us in the reveal trailer, we see an evo sequence or if type: null and silvadi get separate dex slots.

Metafogos

I thinking about Greninja gets a exclusive Z-move in the Demo!

Because the demo is a good way to show new mechanics: giving a Z-move to Greninja will be a good way to show and make another exclusive "we want the demo".

(By the way, Type: Null will be another strange birth pokemon: a one who goes out of the egg with a helm...)

XXD17

Draco rex
I thinking about Greninja gets a exclusive Z-move in the Demo!

Because the demo is a good way to show new mechanics: giving a Z-move to Greninja will be a good way to show and make another exclusive "we want the demo".

(By the way, Type: Null will be another strange birth pokemon: a one who goes out of the egg with a helm...)

If greninja is to get a z-move, we'll have to get a z-ring during the demo, which is probable...

As for Type: Null, I see it more of as a non-breedable 'mon...it's obviously that it is unique to the story...we might be able to find more, I don't think it will be able to breed.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Type: Null's evolution makes me definitely want to use it on my journey. Hope it isn't too late in the game before we can catch it.

The dragons are pretty cool looking, too. Wouldn't mind using one during one of my playthroughs.

I hope the starters' final evolutions are officially revealed soon. If the leaks are real, and I expect they are, I'm going to have a difficult time choosing. I like all three this time around.

Last edited:
Nice I like Silvadi, I'm glad it looks cool and tough. Can't wait to see all different designs/recolours plus we have an extra pure-Flying type pokemon! And let's hope that Type: Null will be a good candidate for Eviolite.

shadowF

Last edited:

roserade the warrior

Well, it seems jangmo-o is the pseudo-legend of this region... Well that is disappointing. I mean, is cool that it is a dragon / fighting, but it being another dragon pseudo is disappointing. There is still no confirmation though, so maybe is a false alarm, or maybe this will end up like in third gen: with 2 pseudos, but who knows.

Game2016

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
People seem to be forgetting Klinklang being Klang with a ring below it and that's it.

Well, it seems jangmo-o is the pseudo-legend of this region... Well that is disappointing. I mean, is cool that it is a dragon / fighting, but it being another dragon pseudo is disappointing. There is still no confirmation though, so maybe is a false alarm, or maybe this will end up like in third gen: with 2 pseudos, but who knows.
Or it may be the "Haxorus" of this gen instead.

BlitzGirl41

Okay, I never thought I'd hear myself say this after all of the disappointment that I've felt the last few months, but...I love Type:Null and Jangmo'o's evolutions! Sure, I can't say I'd even want to use Type:Null/Silvadi, but I have to say that it's new "form" (I feel like it's a form and not a true evolution) looks really awesome, especially compared to its first "form". Looks more like a defined creature than a jumble of mishmash parts.

And Jangmo'o->Jararanga, well, I think it's very neat while also being different but not too different as far as Pokemon go. It keeps its color palette and scales. I think that this may be one of the rare times where I genuinely will want to use a Dragon in my team, especially considering the Fighting type combo. I am very pleasantly surprised by these new reveals!

kawaiiconcept

TOP OF THE MORNIN'
Here are some closer images of Silvadi and its item. Looks truly majestic:
https://www.pokekalos.fr/assets/images/news/2016/10/13/QHS0ZGMPY.jpg
https://www.pokekalos.fr/assets/images/news/2016/10/13/GX9hQ.jpg

it also changes color depending on what type it is like showing green for grass, red for fire and blue for water.

oooh I really like the design of silvadi
almost dragon/cat/wolf like
I also thing jangemo-os evolutions are fine
i dont ADORE them
but they are ok...

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
I like Jaranga a lot, but I really hope it isn't the pseudo legend. Have pseudos been revealed this early before? Not that it isn't pseudo worthy, but I wanred something more unqiue for the pseudo. Hopefully it is the Haxorous of this gen.

Silvadi is awesome, I wasn't expecting to like it that much. But I also agree with someone that they should have allowed it to hold plates. Would have liked it to gain a typing in addition to its normal typing (so the normal ghost combo would be plausible) as to make it different from Arceus. I do wonder how powerful it is, I'm feeling anywhere from 550 to 600 BST. Would be cool to have this guy be the pseudo (breaking the rules defined by the previous gens).

BlackRaven

Go Charizard!!!!
Silvadi makes sense.

Removing the helmet instead of evolving seems to make more sense

Wadeledge

Till all are One
So it seems like people were half right with Gladion being the "true rival." But it appears that he will be using the type of Silvaldi with the type stronger than your starter, and not the leftover starter.

BlitzGirl41

Silvadi makes sense.

Removing the helmet instead of evolving seems to make more sense

Agreed. I still think of it more as being a "form" than an evolution, but it sounds like they are officially labeling it "evolution". Also looks like it gets type changes like Arceus (the "feathers" on its head change color with the item it's holding), but there's a new set of items instead of Plates.

Raxacoricofallapatorius

Exalted Meme Junkie
Jangmo'o and Tapu Koko both look amazing to me. I'd also be interested in seeing how good Passimian is; my gut instinct right now is that he might be a physical attacker whereas Crabrawler might be more of a defensive Fighting-type? Of course, there's always a chance that I won't use either of them and opt for Jaranga instead. Dragon/Fighting is solid typing save for the 4x weakness to Fairy.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
Why do I feel as if Jararanga will be one of those Pokemon that are "deceptively large"? You know, like how people generally think that Charizard is this huge dragon where in reality its only like 4'7".

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
So im going to assume Type: Null evolves through either Happiness or Pokémon Refresh like Sylveon. Just going by the "finds a trainer it trusts" thing

Im also really late, but Dartrix is just as awesome as Rowlet. He looks just like a fancy Butler. Brionne, looks like it'd be right at home in Misty's water show in Cerulean City. Meanwhile Torracat just gains a Bell. I like all 3, but Torracat just doesnt seem different enough from Litten.

I hope the starters' final evolutions are officially revealed soon. If the leaks are real, and I expect they are, I'm going to have a difficult time choosing. I like all three this time around.

I personally dont think they will be revealed until we get the games. Maybe a week before, if were lucky. Should keep some of the New pokemon a secret, in my opinion.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
Silvadi: the legal version of Arceus.

He's gonna be a ton of fun to mess around with for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.