• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I just read this about Tsareena: "Trop Kick is a move that only Tsareena can learn. It lowers an opponent’s Attack by showering it with blazing hot kicks in a style similar to that originating from tropical countries."
I don't know if this is a real-life technique reference or an in-game one, but it'd be actually pretty sweet if Blaziken's Blaze Kick, introduced in Hoenn, was referenced here. :p

I love the new Pokémon! :D

Ribombee: FINALLY we get official artwork and animations! It looks so cute and I think Ribombee has officialy won a spot in my team. At last! Shame that it lost its cute beak-nose thingy but it looks great nonetheless! Love the little scarf. <3

Steenee & Tsareena: I did not expect it to evolve twice! And it looks gorgeous! <3 I hope they become physical attackers. I want Tsareena's kicks to be usable. Very fancy!

Silvally: Our suspicions on the Arceus connection have been confirmed! It's a nice-looking Pokémon and what makes it stand out is how mysterious it is, lore-wise. Can't wait to learn more from this Pokémon!

Hakamo-o & Kommo-o: They look better than they did in CoroCoro and I quite like them! Not to the point where I would get one personally (... or maybe ? :D I don't know!) but I like the concept. It looks really imposing and intimidating which is always something I love to see.

Bramblefire

Aura Guardian
Something that was noted with Silvally was RKS System stated aloud sounds like "Arceus System". Side note: I wonder if Silvally's name will be pronounced Sill Valley. Its name really strikes me of Silicon Valley.

Silvally: I still love it so not much more to say in that regard. It took me a moment to get the pun behind RKS System(partly because I still find myself pronouncing Arceus with an 's' sound), but I smiled when I got it.
Hakamo-o and Kommo-o: I have warmed up to Kommo-o and I like it more now, I still find Hakomo-o pretty bland though. People were speculating that Kommo-o would be one of those pokémon that look really big, but are actually small, like Charizard and Nidoking. I find it amusing that it is kind of the case with Kommo-o standing 1.6m/5'03''. Them keeping Jangmo-o abilities was to be expected.
Steenee and Tsareena: Bounsweet reminded me of Cherubi and Petilil from the start, so I was halfway expecting it to go down the girly route too. I quite like their designs actually, Steenee is my favorite of the line. I don't get why Tsareena wasn't just given Dazzling though, a queen seems pretty dazzling to me. Unless Queenly Majesty is an inferior version that only moves with inherited priority, and not ability-induced priority too.
Rimbombee: Nice to finally have clear art of it. I think I mentioned this before when it was first revealed but I like that it is similar to the portrayal of fairies seen in Disney's Peter Pan and such. It also reminds me of Ledian, which is one of my favorite pokémon.
Alolan Grimer and Muk: The "teeth" being accumulated toxic compounds was a fine explanation. I like how the compounds are found all over Muk, from in its mouth, to its fingers to just anywhere. It makes it feel a lot like an abomination, which I think is a good thing. The color scheme is a bit too much for me though. Alolan Grimer and Muk being extremely toxic but not stinking unlike their counterparts was a nice touch.

Last edited:

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
So, while I loved Kommo-o yesterday, I just didn't like its model in the game. I don't know, it just doesn't look how I expected it to look.

Also, kinda underwhelming it is only 1.6m short.

I don't get why Tsareena wasn't just given Dazzling though, a queen seems pretty dazzling to me.
I suppose they didn't want to focus on her beauty, but on her authoritative presence instead. So they just changed the name of the ability.

Last edited:

Wadeledge

Till all are One
When they said that they were really focusing on how the Pokemon would move when designing them this generation they weren't kidding! Hakamo-o and Kommo-o are soooo much better in motion that in a still image. Same is especially true for Alola Grimer and Muk too! The constantly flowing colors really sell Muk.

Last edited:
Muk looks like what someone would puke up after an Acid trip. So many reveals damn.. Will there be ANY pokemon left to discover in the game? Not that im complaining.. Own fault for watching every vid xD

Baggie_Saiyan

Alolan Muk is so amazing xD.

Love all the evo's they showed! Reading the description definitely looks like Jagmo is the pseudo well regardless I'm adding it to my team :D

I'm just so happy right now not a single design I hate so far.

Oni Dekopin

Too much feminine looking pokemon for my tastes. I don't like the dragon's evos and don't really care about that strange chimera/rooster thing.

This was the worst batch by far for me.

Only good things were Grimer and Muk, which are both really cool. Gonna use them for sure.

Aetius

Here are my impressions. :D

Hakamo-O and Kommo-O: The in-game model just cemented my love for this badass Pokemon line!
Its apperance is fantastic and its typing even more so!
Definitely gonna train one in my playthrough!

Steenee and Tsareena: I'm honestly impressed by what they've done with Bounsweet.
I like both Steenee and Tsareena, but I wish that their typing was Grass/Fire and not simply Grass...
After all, this line's signature move's blurb mentioned the fire in some way...

Ribombee: Hmm, it's not bad, but I liked Cutiefly more honestly.
But who knows, I might like it if I were to train one! :D

Silvally: I'll just add that it's looking good even in-game!

What are the odds that the "18 mysterious items" are Plates or some play on the name of the plates?

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Too much feminine looking pokemon for my tastes. I don't like the dragon's evos and don't really care about that strange chimera/rooster thing.

This was the worst batch by far for me.

Only good things were Grimer and Muk, which are both really cool. Gonna use them for sure.

Awwww But how could anyone hate this precious little face?

steenee.png

Orphalesion

YAY EVOLUTIONZ!

Ribombee: Finally we get a good look at the cute little thing ^-^ Lord, I love her little scarf, she looks like a little Emilia Erhard fairy, n'awwwww ^-^ I'm glad that the first Bug/Fairy type took such an interesting approach to the "humanoid with insect wings" concept and I'm also glad the fairy type finally has a humanoid with insect wings, it was badly needed. It also reminds me of an old Anime called "Maya the Honey Bee" so I'm now really stumped whether to call it Emilia or Maya.

Bounsweets Evos: I have to admit I was a bit...stumped(?) when I saw Tsareena. It has an odd mouth and very odd proportions...but I think that's exactly why I like it! And then its description makes it even more awesome. It's not just another pretty flower girl like Lilligant and Bellossom, it has sass and is too busy to deal with your stupidity haha. Also love the name, it was probably said already but "Tsarina" was the title of Russian Empresses and I find Imperial Russia quite fascinating.
Not as much of a fan of Steenee who looks more conventional and seems kinda dopey/air-headed, not a bad design she just doesn't stand out from Bellossom and Liligant as much as the Glorious Tsareena does.

I was hoping Bounsweet would evolve into something interesting, and I'm glad I wasn't disappointed.

The rest: Already said it before love lo-ove lo-o-o-ove Kommo-o and love Silvalli's backstory.

Now give me the game, GF hahaha

Last edited:

Darthleapyous

Wait......Tsareena? Are they gonna add a "Rasputin" Pokemon next to seduce it? Or will there be a communist evil team trying to kill it? XD

Orphalesion

Wait......Tsareena? Are they gonna add a "Rasputin" Pokemon next to seduce it? Or will there be a communist evil team trying to kill it? XD

Yes yes yes yes. A whole bunch of Pokemon based on the Romanov family hahahaa, and I stop there before I indulge in humour that's a bit too dark. Though Tsareena reminds me more of Katherine the Great than of shy, meek Alexandra.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
Awwww But how could anyone hate this precious little face?

steenee.png

yeah, someone needs to make a team with steenee, brionne, braixen, lilligant, and some other magical girl two. :D

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
yeah, someone needs to make a team with steenee, brionne, braixen, lilligant, and some other magical girl two. :D

My vote is for Kirlia and Mawile :)

Status
Not open for further replies.