• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
I would doubt it. Combee case is more because of how only female Bees are queens. Steenee is a humanoid fruit. While only females can be queens in terms of humans, there's not much else to it. I feel it's just easier and better if the whole species is just female if that's the case. Pretty sure we always have at least 1 male and female only species in each gen(Except Gen 6 where there was none for male).

I don't really like the idea of getting something and it can't evolve because it's not the right gender. Gender different forms or evolutions are fine, but Combee's case, I rather it never happen again.

But for a male pokemon to have the ability called Queen's Majesty is unusual. Maybe the ability is exclusive to female only Tsaranee.

Seven of Arcanine

RK9 Unit Trainer
I freaking love Kommo-o. Really has an ancient middle east vibe to it for me. The scales on the head remind me of ringlet hair styles.

I really like it. First truly Gen VI Pokemon to make me ponder making room in one of my all-time favorites teams. Not Team 1 potential, but certainly 2 or 3.

I say truly Gen VI, because Alolan Marowak also deserves space.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
RKS System?

Ar-key-es...Arceus...

Yup. Someone definitely tried to create god in Silvally.

Definitely. Looks like there's been some messing with the environment and Pokemon themselves this time around.

I'm kind of digging Alolan Muk. It looks really psychedelic :p.

Ribombee is really cute.

All of the new ones seem to have some decent potential. Really looking forward to these games now :).

Last edited:

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan
Traditionally it is middle-stages that are kept a secret.

Anyways, Akala Island's Deity is still not revealed. I hope we will see it next month if it is not leaked by demo.

Oh I didn't know that I guess that means Ribombee most likely won't evolve which is a shame.

Ooo, I'd really like that too. This way they could go with the usual dragon psuedo they like to include, and then they could have a non-typical one of another typing. Maybe a more humanoid one would be nice. I can see Silvally being around psuedo level too, like Volcarona, but higher than 550 BST.

I agree.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Is is just me, or does part of Silvadi's cry sound like Skarmory's? early I thought I heard Porygon in there but I don't, go ahead and correct me if I am wrong but its cry sounds like a mix between different Pokemon.

also I may have to try and include Kommo-o in my team, if at all possible, if not then I can wait until the post game to train it

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan
I freaking love Kommo-o. Really has an ancient middle east vibe to it for me. The scales on the head remind me of ringlet hair styles.

I agree it's my third favourite Sun and Moon Pokemon revealed so far after Lycanroc (Midday) and Salandit.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
I haven't watched the video (avoiding images of the new Pokemon) but is there proof that the bee only has the one evolution?

NeptuneCloyster

Squadallah
I wonder if Silvally will evolve again? the only reason i think it might is that Null was covered in bronze armour, silvally predominantly features silver, and since they are approaching gold, and arceus is gold, maybe there will be a third stage that comes really close to him and matches his cold colouration

Ajduk

This was probably discussed before but how will the version exclusive evolution work?
Do I have to breed a pokemon and then send it to my friend who has a different version (Moon, for example) and wait for him to evolve it to get the werewolf Moon pokemon?

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
This was probably discussed before but how will the version exclusive evolution work?
Do I have to breed a pokemon and then send it to my friend who has a different version (Moon, for example) and wait for him to evolve it to get the werewolf Moon pokemon?

I believe it's due to the power influx given off from the legendary, so I personally think it'll depend on which version you have. So you'll have to trade a lycanroc midnight to sun, if how I hypothesize is right, you won't be able to evolve a rockruff into midnight form in day at all I believe.

I wonder if Silvally will evolve again? the only reason i think it might is that Null was covered in bronze armour, silvally predominantly features silver, and since they are approaching gold, and arceus is gold, maybe there will be a third stage that comes really close to him and matches his cold colouration
Interesting thought, but I personally doubt Silvally will evolve any further. Maybe it's just as you said: Arceus is "gold" - the real deal - yet they only managed to achieve bronze (Type: Null) and evolve it into silver (Silvally).

roserade the warrior

I have really enjoyed this last 2 generations. I mean, the designs look so... organic, less polygonal, less robotic. The only thing I dislike is that they made Jangmo-o's evo stand on 2 legs and bounsweet's evo too human (also, too similar to lilligant with that leaf-hair and crown), and even then I like them a lot.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
The resolution from Corocoro meant that I wasn't fussed on Silvally at all, but thankfully seeing it properly and also its moving in 3d, well I like it a lot now. Really pleased with the design.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Ayy, new Pokémon. Le thoughts:

1. Silvally, super cool still. "RKS System" basically confirms this was man's attempt on recreating Arceus (and also finally tells us how Arceus is pronounced).
2. Jangmo-o's evolutions look cool as well. Seeing it in 3D, it's quite clear it's based off a samurai, and using its scales as armor is super creative in the design.
3. Bounsweet evos, nice. But why is "Quennly Majesty" just a Dazzling clone? Dazzling could've still fit just as well...
4. Cutiefly's evo, finally. The face is a little weird IMO but still a cute design. Though the line still looks incomplete, so I'm betting on another evolution.

Overall, loving the new designs. Not really planning on having any of them on my team but I still love the creativity put in them.

Cradily17

They still haven't shown off any new fossil Pokémon. Could it be that we might not get any this Gen?

Julia Artemis

Could evolve into Arceus.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
3. Bounsweet evos, nice. But why is "Quennly Majesty" just a Dazzling clone? Dazzling could've still fit just as well...

As far as I can tell, Queenly Majesty blocks all priority moves, not just increased priority.

Actually, I'm also thinking it not only "blocks" damaging priority moves, it could simply prevent the use of priority moves (i.e. Protect).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.