• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthropoda

Anyone here seen the trailers for the SuMo anime?

I think it confirms two new fossil pokemon, seen hanging from the roof of the school. One looks like the skeleton of a Moa or elephant bird, another looks like a flying legless dinosaur.

Are you talking about the Aerodactyl and Aurorus skeletons?

PsychoIncarnate

I want to know what Wimpod evolves into, and I want to know where in the game Rockruff is available. Is it easy to encounter? Is it rare? Will a trainer offer one to me? It feels like the Lucario/Zoroark of SM, and Lucarion (Riolu) and Zoroark (Zoroa) were both in-game one-time event/gift Pokémon for their respective debut generational games, encountered late in their games.

Is Rockruff encounterable before the first trial, or before my starter evolves?

I've been hyping up Wimpod's evo so much I expect fully to be disappointed

I don't even know why, I just see so much potential for something cool

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
As a side note, only 29 more type combinations remain after Jangmo-o's evolutions.

Most specifically, Grass and Dragon both need one type combination, Grass/Fire and Bug/Dragon respectively, to complete their possible options.

Leviticus20:13

Talonflame Falconer
Are you talking about the Aerodactyl and Aurorus skeletons?

ah ok, i thought they were new pokemon. too bad.

As a side note, only 29 more type combinations remain after Jangmo-o's evolutions.

Most specifically, Grass and Dragon both need one type combination, Grass/Fire and Bug/Dragon respectively, to complete their possible options.

I was hoping bouncesweet evos would be the grass/fire . Lets hope they do come out with a grass/fire pokemon. What other dual types are left?

O yeah, like other people have theorized, something like a death stinger/scorpion water/ bug type would be cool. water/steel would be cool too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hauke_von_Arding

These pokemon, have the most character by far.

I'm pretty sure this has already been said but, why doesn't Tsareena have Dazzling? Is it not already dazzling?

Also I think it's a female only species. Mostly because it can have the Ability Queenly Majesty.

Dazzling is English translation. In Japanese it's Vivid Body (with the meaning 'Colourful Body') and references to Bruxish colours. Vivid Body wouldn't fit for Tsareena at all.

TyLogic

I really like Ribombee, and Bug is one of those types that I usually don't care for. I don't know what I'm going to do if I catch a Cutiefly while I have a Vikavolt on my team. Most likely, one of them has to go. I feel the same way with Lycanroc (Midday) and Minior. :D

Achernar

star-mapping pro
Looks like they aren't gonna reveal new families anymore until the release dates? So were getting only evos of the revealed ones for now?

Cor Petit

King killer
(Tsareena = Tsarina)+ Queenly Majesty = only female pokemon species confirmed

Cutty

Forever now
Alolan Muk looks very festive, more than your standard looking Dark type, I'm lovin' it. More than I expected.

Tsareena looks very girlie lol (in a good way, I don't mind), adding to more sassy new Alola mons we already have so far. The games are gonna be fabulous.

I don't know how I feel about Ribombee, will it get another stage evolution? I don't really like its ability but I'm sure yet.

Do you guys think there will be more new pokemon/ Alolan forms or it ends here? Other than the final evolutions of some mons I mean.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost

when I first heard we didn't have a bug/dragon, I was like, "what about flygon?" But then I found that nope, not a bug type, despite all appearances... Some pokemon really need three types...

I want non-legend/mega ghost dragon and faerie dragon. And a normal ghost.

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan

I agree.

Still waiting for salandit's evolution(s).

I agree I'm hoping Salandit does have an evolution and it keeps the same typing Poison and Fire.

Julia Artemis

I think that Komala evolution will be the snorlax of this generation (strongest normal type of this gen). Maybe it will get a spot ok my team.

It probably will be more like Slaking without its annoying Truant ability. But yeah I have a feeling Komala's evo will be really good, I think the two best physical attackers of this gen will be Komala2 and Bewear

I was hoping bouncesweet evos would be the grass/fire . Lets hope they do come out with a grass/fire pokemon. What other dual types are left?
29 total
Grass/Fire, Fire/Ice, Fire/Fairy, Electric/Fighting, Electric/Poison, Electric/Rock, Electric/Dark, Psychic/Poison, Psychic/Bug, Normal/Poison, Normal/Rock, Normal/Bug, Normal/Ghost, Normal/Ice, Normal/Steel, Fighting/Ground, Fighting/Ghost, Fighting/Ice, Fighting//Fairy, Poison/Rock, Poison/Ice
Poison/Steel, Poison/Fairy, Ground/Fairy, Rock/Ghost, Bug/Ice, Bug/Dragon, Bug/Dark, Dark/Fairy

misunderstoodhero

Looks like they aren't gonna reveal new families anymore until the release dates? So were getting only evos of the revealed ones for now?

I certainly hope not - we don't even have any completely new Ice or Dark type families yet. :c

scififan21

I'm torn between wanting to see more new Pokemon and wanting to be surprised. When was Talonflame revealed? Was it fairly early or later trying to compare for Pikipek's possible evos reveal date. Hoping it is a three stage and not an oddball like Tailow/Swellow was.

Grey Wind

I'm torn between wanting to see more new Pokemon and wanting to be surprised. When was Talonflame revealed? Was it fairly early or later trying to compare for Pikipek's possible evos reveal date. Hoping it is a three stage and not an oddball like Tailow/Swellow was.

Talonflame was revealed at E3 iirc. And we already know Pikipek is a three stage, we've seen its Pokedex screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.