• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Not like Type:Null and Silvally though.
But I might remember wrong, so you could you make a few examples please? :D

Well, Slowbro is just a Slowpoke with a weird, mutant Shellder on its tail, and Slowking is the same, but with the Shellder on its head. I'd say they're comparable.

Same goes for Shelmet and Karrablast, in a sense, since they just lose and gain a shell, respectively.

Also, Silvally being its Evo and not an alternate form means that Type: Null can run an Eviolite set. Just thought I'd throw that out there :p

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan
May I say this is the first gen in which all bug types look cool and usable?

I agree as this will be the first time where I'm planning on using a bug type on both my two teams (Vikavolt in Sun and Wimpod in Moon) usually I've only used one a generation before like Beedrill in Red/Blue and Galvantula in B/W.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
May I say this is the first gen in which all bug types look cool and usable?
Agreed. This is the first time I have ever had plans to use two Bugs on my in game team. And the only one I've ever used all the way through to the Champion was a Yanmega in Platinum, and he was a late addition. Usually I catch one in the first few routes/forest to use at the beginning, and pretty soon swap them out. I did however use a Surskit for a long time in OR, just because I DexNav'd one with Hydro Pump and it was amazing XD

DarkW

Full of Win
Not like Type:Null and Silvally though.
But I might remember wrong, so you could you make a few examples please? :D

I feel Voltorb and Electrode are good examples... a poke ball, just flipped over.

willprogresivo

Creepy Uncle
Is there any confirmation that Turtonator and Drampa are Sun/Moon exclusives respectively? I want to use Lycanroc midday and Passimian (both sun) but Drampa as well, so that's moon. I don't have any friends that play pokemon so I'm not sure if it's gonna be possible to get a gts drampa within the first couple of days. Anyone got any experience with that when XY were released?

glacialcat

Does anyone else still find it strange that we went from a name like Type: Null, which sounds like a codename given to a test subject, (like the Zygarde cores being referred to as Z1 and Z2) to a more "traditional" Pokemon-esque name like Silvally?

My hypothesis is Gladion will evolve his Type: Null in the storyline as a first ever for the species, and then he'll be the one who gets to name the new species.

Is there any confirmation that Turtonator and Drampa are Sun/Moon exclusives respectively? I want to use Lycanroc midday and Passimian (both sun) but Drampa as well, so that's moon. I don't have any friends that play pokemon so I'm not sure if it's gonna be possible to get a gts drampa within the first couple of days. Anyone got any experience with that when XY were released?

unless i missed something, i don't think there has been any talk at all about those two being version exclusive. even if they were, you could probably find one easy enough either on the trade thread on the forums or on the GTS

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Of the new Alola Guardian Deity pokemon, I think I like Tapu Lele the most cuz it looks cute compared to the others, which is the highest compliment I can give it. I don't care much for the Alola Guardians in general however. I'll catch them for Dex purposes, but I don't plan on using any of them.

future.newyorker

unless i missed something, i don't think there has been any talk at all about those two being version exclusive. even if they were, you could probably find one easy enough either on the trade thread on the forums or on the GTS

The leaked box art for sun and moon show them on separate games; Turtonator on Sun and Drampa on Moon, but nothing has officially stated they are version exclusive.

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
Is there confirmation that pichu will appear in the grass or just pikachu? Sorry if this is a stupid question, just want to catch a pichu if its available instead of a pikachu

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Is there confirmation that pichu will appear in the grass or just pikachu? Sorry if this is a stupid question, just want to catch a pichu if its available instead of a pikachu

Hau has a Pichu the second time you battle him, so that would seem to indicate that there are in fact wild Pichu. That said, we don't have any hard evidence as of yet.

Also, I think this would fit better in the Alola Dex Thread :)

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
The leaked box art for sun and moon show them on separate games; Turtonator on Sun and Drampa on Moon, but nothing has officially stated they are version exclusive.

I believe that box art was proved fake. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they did end up as version exclusives, since they're both one stage dragons and they do seem like they could each go with a different game thematically. But, there's really no way to know at this point.

Leviticus20:13

Talonflame Falconer

That's easy, put your poplio3 for trade on gts, ask for a drampa in exchange.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
wait drampa might be moon exsclusive?
but I liked drampa!

Well if those one stage Dragons are exclusive, it only makes sense Tortunator goes to Sun. I mean, he is a Fire type after all

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
wait drampa might be moon exsclusive?
but I liked drampa!

Drampa's the best! Also, there is no hard evidence of it and Turtonator being version exclusives, so I wouldn't worry about it.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I could've sworn that those were proven fake.

Yeah, the boxart was proven to be fake, but I guess a few people didn't get the memo :p So like I said, we don't really have any official statements or anything else that states that they are version exclusives, or even hint at that being the case. Odds are we'll just end up with two pairs of new version exclusive Mons (Legends not withstanding), just like in Gen 6, ie Lycanroc M & M, and Passimian/Oranguru.

Status
Not open for further replies.