• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leviticus20:13

Talonflame Falconer
That's what I was thinking.

The new Abilities are interesting and I hope that they are distributed properly. I can see a good number of Pokemon with Stamina.

No thanks, its bad enough a powerful pokemon like mudsdale gets it, i dont want more OP pokemon, it is an OP ability. i hope only mudsdale gets it.

Battery is only useful if you are running a special attack team, like greninja with chargabug. and that would be OP as well. it should be exclusive to chargabug.

Last edited:

glacialcat

No thanks, its bad enough a powerful pokemon like mudsdale gets it, i dont want more OP pokemon, it is an OP ability.

? How exactly can you know Mudsdale is powerful? We know literally nothing about it other than it is Ground-type, learns a new move, has Stamina, and has a fairly high HP stat.

Leviticus20:13

Talonflame Falconer
Read its profile, it is powerful, and high HP + an ability that increases defense = OP. i might be forced to run a toxic team just to counter mudsdale.

TyLogic

Read its profile, it is powerful, and high HP + an ability that increases defense = OP. i might be forced to run a toxic team just to counter mudsdale.

I'm assuming that if its defense is raised every time it gets hit by a physical move, that it has low defense in the first place. That also gives possibility to it having low attack. (Or at least decent attack)

glacialcat

Profiles mean nothing. Escavalier's dex entry says it flies at mach speed. Base 20 Speed. Victini's says that you can literally never lose if you have one!

We don't know if it will have a good base DEF, or a good Attack, or a good Speed, or a good Special Defense. If it has 100 HP and 55 Sp.Def then just hit it with a Water Gun and it's over.

Most of the types that hit Ground SE prefer to hit Special anyway. Grass, Water, Ice.

TyLogic

Profiles mean nothing. Escavalier's dex entry says it flies at mach speed. Base 20 Speed. Victini's says that you can literally never lose if you have one!

We don't know if it will have a good base DEF, or a good Attack, or a good Speed, or a good Special Defense. If it has 100 HP and 55 Sp.Def then just hit it with a Water Gun and it's over.

Most of the types that hit Ground SE prefer to hit Special anyway. Grass, Water, Ice.

It seemed to take a relativity large amount of damage when hit with Tackle by Togedemaru.

XXD17

Draco rex

Just bring a physically bulky water type with scald...slowbro, milotic, vaporeon etc...mudsdale is going to be physical and probably slow...

future.newyorker

Just bring a physically bulky water type with scald...slowbro, milotic, vaporeon etc...mudsdale is going to be physical and probably slow...

Wishiwashi's school form and Gyarados can probably do some damage to Mudsdale too.

Edit: Belly Jet Azumaril is gonna be Mudsdale's worst nightmare.

glacialcat

Honestly just wish Mudsdale resisted Bug. Something immune to Electric, that resisted Bug, and got a DEF+ every time it took damage? That'd be such a nice Voltturn check. Of course your opponent can just U-Turn into a Special Attacker... but it'd be the best counter we'd have until a Ground-type with an ability that made it immune to Bug happens.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Honestly just wish Mudsdale resisted Bug. Something immune to Electric, that resisted Bug, and got a DEF+ every time it took damage? That'd be such a nice Voltturn check. Of course your opponent can just U-Turn into a Special Attacker... but it'd be the best counter we'd have until a Ground-type with an ability that made it immune to Bug happens.

Well, even without a Bug resistance, it could be a good VoltTurn check, provided it has the Physical bulk (which I'm sure it will).

Also, if you want to see a good VoltTurn check, look no further than Togedemaru, who resists Bug and either resists or is immune to Electric, depending on its Ability. Also, if you are running Iron Barbs, that is yet another U-Turn deterrent. Now if it can just get well allocated stats and a decent movepool...

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
You know what I just remembered?

CoroCoro is due to leak soon.

Sakuraba

Well, even without a Bug resistance, it could be a good VoltTurn check, provided it has the Physical bulk (which I'm sure it will).

Also, if you want to see a good VoltTurn check, look no further than Togedemaru, who resists Bug and either resists or is immune to Electric, depending on its Ability. Also, if you are running Iron Barbs, that is yet another U-Turn deterrent. Now if it can just get well allocated stats and a decent movepool...

Actually. Pallossand is a immune to Electric and resists Bug thanks to the Ghost-Type.

Thepowaofhax

Actually. Pallossand is a immune to Electric and resists Bug thanks to the Ghost-Type.
You know, come to think of it, with Water Compaction, it could also serve as a decent Assault Vest user given it got a decent movepool and a decent special defense stat.

PokeMaster366

You know, when you give it some thought, Z-Moves outside of the really unique Z-Crystals are just glorified Gems that give more freedom regarding when they're used. They probably won't see Singles that much, but in the realm of VGCs, especially if they can be used together with Megas, they can see some use later.

Oh forgot Corocoro was still happening. Doubtful it will be anything much since the game comes out next week

That, and spoilers of the rudest variety have been cropping up within the past 2 days or so.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I expect that Pikipek will become some kind of giant woodpecker or possibly a crane upon evolving.

A crane would be nice since we don't have any crane pokemon as far as I can remember, but I think Pikipek will stay as a woodpecker based pokemon in its evolved forms. I don't think Gamefreak will deviate too much from the woodpecker theme.

sketchersmeargle

A crane would be nice since we don't have any crane pokemon as far as I can remember, but I think Pikipek will stay as a woodpecker based pokemon in its evolved forms. I don't think Gamefreak will deviate too much from the woodpecker theme.

I wouldn't keep your hopes up, many pokemon before have taken drastic species turn when evolving, just look at Octillery and Clampearl.

Always best to keep your mind open, but I too don't think it will deviate far from the woodpecker family

Status
Not open for further replies.