• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
That's of course true, and I have no problems with Crabominable, but choosing the regional bug was a bit of an unfortunate design choice.

I can agree with that.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Bewear is one thick Pokemon. I was lucky enough the first Pokemon I found on Route 8 was a Fluffy Stufful. It's ridonkulously bulky against physical moves, even Flying attacks mean little to it. I bet Klutz was given as an ability just to make sure it wasn't broken

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Togedemaru annoys me, like you've got usable stats but why no Steel move? Gyro Ball? My spiky friend, you are too fast to use such a move.

Oh and I'm loving Araquanid and Incineroar in Trick Room.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Togedemaru annoys me, like you've got usable stats but why no Steel move? Gyro Ball? My spiky friend, you are too fast to use such a move.

To be fair, what Steel-Type move would you give it?

Frozocrone

Miraculous!

In an ideal world I'd give it Sunsteel Strike.

But I'd settle for either Iron Head or Tail.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
In an ideal world I'd give it Sunsteel Strike.

Your concept of an ideal world must have no sense of logic in it whatsoever...

But I'd settle for either Iron Head or Tail.

Admittedly, it probably could get one of those moves if Game Freak wanted to force the issue, but there's also reasons why they shouldn't. Togedemaru has a pretty awkwardly shaped tail that it would have trouble attacking with, so it couldn't really use Iron Tail well. As for Iron Head, it's really only learned naturally by Pokemon that literally have metallic heads. Togedemaru's metal is probably limited to its spikes.

But since Iron Head and Tail have been move tutor moves the past couple of generations, and move tutor moves are a lot less strict on who learns them, you'll probably be able to get your Iron Tail/Head Togedemaru once the next Gen VII game(s) comes out.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
Admittedly, it probably could get one of those moves if Game Freak wanted to force the issue, but there's also reasons why they shouldn't. Togedemaru has a pretty awkwardly shaped tail that it would have trouble attacking with, so it couldn't really use Iron Tail well.
Iron Tail Primeape, Goomy and Entei? Anyone?

As for Iron Head, it's really only learned naturally by Pokemon that literally have metallic heads. Togedemaru's metal is probably limited to its spikes.
Again, Pokemon like Bunnelby, Stoutland and Chespin can learn the move. By both design and actual Steel typing- Togedemaru should know the move.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Your concept of an ideal world must have no sense of logic in it whatsoever...

It basically makes every Pokemon have super powerful moves. Togedemaru would also have Bolt Strike LOL

Admittedly, it probably could get one of those moves if Game Freak wanted to force the issue, but there's also reasons why they shouldn't. Togedemaru has a pretty awkwardly shaped tail that it would have trouble attacking with, so it couldn't really use Iron Tail well. As for Iron Head, it's really only learned naturally by Pokemon that literally have metallic heads. Togedemaru's metal is probably limited to its spikes.

But since Iron Head and Tail have been move tutor moves the past couple of generations, and move tutor moves are a lot less strict on who learns them, you'll probably be able to get your Iron Tail/Head Togedemaru once the next Gen VII game(s) comes out.

Here's hoping. I want to run a troll set of Nuzzle, Zing Zap, Iron Head and either Fake Out or Spiky Shield. Basically as much flinchhax as possible.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Iron Tail Primeape, Goomy and Entei? Anyone?

Primeape and Goomy probably get it because they're in evolution lines with Pokemon with better tails. Entei is baffling though. I never knew that was possible before.

Again, Pokemon like Bunnelby, Stoutland and Chespin can learn the move. By both design and actual Steel typing- Togedemaru should know the move.

Bunnelby, Stoutland, and Chespin get it through Move Tutor. When I said naturally, I meant through level up. Move tutor moves are often assigned with a lot less care than level up, or even TM moves are. Regardless, you can't judge Togedemaru by their standards, because Togedemaru has yet to even exist in a game with a move tutor that teaches Iron Head, unlike those three. Same goes for Iron Tail. If the next set of games has those moves available via move tutor, and Togedemaru still can't learn them, that's when you can complain.

It basically makes every Pokemon have super powerful moves. Togedemaru would also have Bolt Strike LOL

Whelp...glad I don't live in that world...

RedJirachi

Veteran member

What about a signature move. Half the Pokemon introduced seem to have one

Xenomata

MS Paint Sableye
Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I've found Dhelmise a pretty awesome Pokemon to use. Yeah, it shares the same type as a starter, but its ability of Steelworker makes it the closest any Pokemon has ever had to having three types. Anchor Shot is a great move. I advise anyone who didn't start with Rowlet to try one out

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I've found Dhelmise a pretty awesome Pokemon to use. Yeah, it shares the same type as a starter, but its ability of Steelworker makes it the closest any Pokemon has ever had to having three types. Anchor Shot is a great move. I advise anyone who didn't start with Rowlet to try one out

i personally think it could have been designed better or something though. It seems like one of those pokemon there not be THAT many of like spiritomb. Like everytime seaweed dies and floats into an anchor, does it and the anchor evolve into Dhelmise? Idk, I guess that happens with slowpoke and shelder when they turn into slowbro, but man it just seems weird to me. They could have given it different objects that the floaty dead seaweed could float into with different typing.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Even after all these months I personally believe Incineroar doesn't look like it belongs in Pokemon's genre as my older brother best pointed out it looks like it belongs in this type of show Swat Kats: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SWAT_Kats:_The_Radical_Squadron or really any of those old 90s shows if not older, possibly as an antagonists.

I am not bashing, or at least not trying to bash I am just stating my opinion

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Even after all these months I personally believe Incineroar doesn't look like it belongs in Pokemon's genre as my older brother best pointed out it looks like it belongs in this type of show Swat Kats: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SWAT_Kats:_The_Radical_Squadron or really any of those old 90s shows if not older, possibly as an antagonists.

I am not bashing, or at least not trying to bash I am just stating my opinion

pokedigijedi, i dont know how much i can thank you for that posted link. ive had that show's name lost on the tip of my tongue for months just trying to remember what the series was called. i used to watch that show a fair bit myself when i was younger.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
pokedigijedi, i dont know how much i can thank you for that posted link. ive had that show's name lost on the tip of my tongue for months just trying to remember what the series was called. i used to watch that show a fair bit myself when i was younger.

Your welcome Nel3 :)

Yeah I had trouble remembering it also, I kept thinking it was Top Cats for some reason (even though that's a completely different show) so I had to literally had to type into google "anthropomorphic cats in a jet plane" in order to find it and hopefully remember it.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Your welcome Nel3 :)

Yeah I had trouble remembering it also, I kept thinking it was Top Cats for some reason (even though that's a completely different show) so I had to literally had to type into google "anthropomorphic cats in a jet plane" in order to find it and hopefully remember it.

yeah, i know that too, i tried googling it also but apparently didnt put the right terms into google. i doubt i'll try to see the full series at this point but i did go back last year and watch all the street shark eps. it was painful to get past the cheesy catch phrases.

My only gripe with Dhelmise is that it's not a Steel Pokemon even though it's based on an anchor.

Status
Not open for further replies.