• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackButterfree

I just want more prevos and evos, more Regional Variants, more Mega Evolutions, more Primal Reversions, and way more new, original Pokémon. At least 100, but ideally closer to 130.

I like the connections with older family trees.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
We currently have 807 species right now, so I'd suggest bringing like 118 new species in generation 8, to bring the grand total to 925.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
The electric rodent should be a part-Rock-type that was around in ancient times and is still extant to this day (a la Relicanth), being a chipmunk too.

I'd also like a Water/Ice-type penguin Pokemon.

And a cattle calf that evolves (with high happiness of course) into either Tauros or Miltank based on gender, explicitly linking the two Pokemon.

More Eeveelutions too.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Id like to see a sewer rat Pokemon.

First stage is a simple water type mouse Pokemon.
Second stage is a water/poison sewer rat.
The final stage is a large partially reptilian water/poison sewer rat monster.

Orphalesion

Id like to see a sewer rat Pokemon.

First stage is a simple water type mouse Pokemon.
Second stage is a water/poison sewer rat.
The final stage is a large partially reptilian water/poison sewer rat monster.

I love it! In general I'd like to see more Pokemon that have adapted or been mutated by an industrial environment, like the pollution trio and Alolan Rattata. Would be kind of interesting to see a region that's heavily urbanized and with the environment somewhat degraded (as a kid I thought Kanto was supposed to be that, what with being based on Tokyo and surroundings and with all the poison types, but since FR/FG it's just as green and idyllic as the other regions.)

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
A water ghost type or grass electric type would be interesting IMO. Next gen needs to focus on design mostly though.

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
Has anybody mentioned that Rapidash would be an amazing candidate for a Mega? I for one imagine it being a Fire/Fairy Type? I mean it'd make sense being a unicorn and all. boost her speed up to 120 and make her a mixed attacker? any takers?

Last edited:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Honestly I'm all for the betas becoming actual pokemon. I wouldn't mind new megs,regional forms too. Like maybe 40 new pokemon,13 new megas and 13 new regionals but give love to all the regions. We only have a one mega for Gen V

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Has anybody mentioned that Rapidash would be an amazing candidate for a Mega? I for one imagine it being a Fire/Fairy Type? I mean it'd make sense being a unicorn and all. boost her speed up to 120 and make her a mixed attacker? any takers?
This thread is used for discussing completely new species. There is a separate thread for Megas. And, I don't think that they will add any new megas in the near future.

WalesNote

I would really like to see (and we'll hopefully get) new type matchings and more of lesser used ones.

Electric/grass, electric/fairy, ghost/fairy, fire/water, fighting/ghost, steel/fairy, dark/fairy, dragon/fairy, poison/fairy, poison/electric

And whatever else people can think of. Would like more diversity in the starter pokémon, and no fire/fighting or fire/dark.

.Aerodactyl.

I would really like to see (and we'll hopefully get) new type matchings and more of lesser used ones.

Electric/grass, electric/fairy, ghost/fairy, fire/water, fighting/ghost, steel/fairy, dark/fairy, dragon/fairy, poison/fairy, poison/electric

And whatever else people can think of. Would like more diversity in the starter pokémon, and no fire/fighting or fire/dark.

Ooo... If I got to make starters, I'd have end types being: Grass/Electric, Fire/Fairy and Water/Steel.

I know Empoleon is Water/Steel, but that was three gens ago and we don't have a lot of that type combo, so easy to stay refreshing. It's not like they've never had multiple of the same type combo before (looking at you Fire/Fighting). It could have a very different stat spread from Empoleon to diversify it and give it a different niche.

Orphalesion

Ooo... If I got to make starters, I'd have end types being: Grass/Electric, Fire/Fairy and Water/Steel.

I know Empoleon is Water/Steel, but that was three gens ago and we don't have a lot of that type combo, so easy to stay refreshing. It's not like they've never had multiple of the same type combo before (looking at you Fire/Fighting). It could have a very different stat spread from Empoleon to diversify it and give it a different niche.

I like it! What kind of animals would you base them on? I could picture the Grass/electric Starter being based on a bio-luminescent plant or fungus, the water/steel being a literal "sword fish" and the fire/fairy would, imho fit a magical rabbit quite well (unfortunately)

paipr_christian

grass type fan.

Id like to see more Water/Steel but lets keep them as non starters for now.

How about a Grass/Electric platypus the ultimate water type hunter.

A Fire/Fairy moon bunny.

And a Water/Bug water beetle.

beta pokemon would be kind of interesting to see if these are yellow remakes coming out. More interesting, though, would be something like the pokemon that shelder evolves into when it latches onto slowpoke's tail. maybe baby Kangaskhan.

Edit: Missingno. please.

Last edited:

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper

I mostly agree, but I'd honestly go with Grass/Dark as opposed to Grass/Electric.

I want to see some cool legendary Pokémon based on various world mythologies. I had this idea for a "Solar Trio" prior to Gen VII being announced, based on Egyptian mythology. A Bug/Psychic scarab based on Khepri, a Fairy/Dark ram based on Khnum, and a Fire/Flying griffin based on Ra. Their arch foe would be a Dragon/Poison-type demon-snake based on Apophis.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
So after this reveal, does this mean that the rumor of the 'new Pokemon with most being evolutions/pre-evolutions' is true? I'm hoping so. I'd love to see them expand on Pokemon that could use that love.

Hopefully this means we'll finally get another Eeveelution!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So after this reveal, does this mean that the rumor of the 'new Pokemon with most being evolutions/pre-evolutions' is true? I'm hoping so. I'd love to see them expand on Pokemon that could use that love.

Hopefully this means we'll finally get another Eeveelution!
Although the new trailers don't necessarily mean Eevee is going to have a new evolution but hopefully there will be.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Although the new trailers don't necessarily mean Eevee is going to have a new evolution but hopefully there will be.
Yes I know this, but I remember reading a rumor that had most everything that was shown in the reveal accurate and in it stated that there would be new Pokemon and there would be new evolutions/pre-evolutions. IIRC it also stated that Pikachu and Eevee would get new evolutions as well, but I don't remember exactly.

I'll have to find it again.

Orphalesion

So with the news that LGPR will only have the 151 Kanto Mons, do we just keep speculating here on what Pokemon the Gen 8 game that comes next year will have?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yes I know this, but I remember reading a rumor that had most everything that was shown in the reveal accurate and in it stated that there would be new Pokemon and there would be new evolutions/pre-evolutions. IIRC it also stated that Pikachu and Eevee would get new evolutions as well, but I don't remember exactly.
I doubt that the authentic rumours will reveal tons of information at once and there's a chance there's something false in the rumour but I can definitely see evolutions for Pikachu and Eevee, with Pikachu's one being a branch evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.