• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKS-Lapras

Thanks for the info.

At this point, Mewthree is more likely than a new Eevee form.

Inb4Mewzero

No, it's not. No one knows what it is. A legendary or mythical Pokemon being introduced is no more likely then a regular marketable Pokemon.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Somehow I'm actually really happy there is no new eeveelution..

sebiifan

I want to see an evolution or two (not as in branch) for Dunsparce, maybe one were it eventually becomes a Fairy/Dragon type

I also want to see a Fire/Fairy, Dark/Fairy, and a Fighting/Fairy type, but just in general I want to see more unused type combos being used.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Leaning without thinking is useless thinking without learning is dangerous”
VLC Happy Wheels CCleaner

I would not be against new megas and/or Kanto forms of alolan pokemon. I know they said only Gen 1 Pokemon are in the game but they did say alolan forms are too so maybe the kanto forms could work.

Actually did they say only Kanto Pokemon are in the game or only Kanto Pokemon are catchable meaning you could like transfer any pokemon in like with Col&XD

PirateKing

I'm wondering, it would be a pretty cool opportunity for them to finally canonize Missingno as the new Pokemon!

It makes more sense for them to go from 000-151, rather than have a gap of 657 by making it 808, and this way it would be steeped in lore and fit in from Red/Blue/Yellow itself rather that just being a random new mythical thrown in.

It would be the perfect nostalgia draw, to finally bring the legends to life!

It could be a Flying type as a reference to how it originally was, and they can say in canon it could be like scientists accidentally brought it to life as a side effect when creating Mewtwo or Porygon, and could be classified as the "Glitch Pokemon" and theres some amazing potential for design, to make it look like an otherworldly glitchy mass floating around!

Sabre_King

Honestly I think this is 50/50 chance but I may be leaning towards the new eeveelution idea again. Looking at that new anime poster and seeing eevee front and center it makes believe something is happening with eevee either a new evolution or possible mega evolution (I would save that for the proper thread) but idk I feel like that has always been the safest option to speculate ever since the games were announced, the only direction pointing me away from this is the fact the starter eevee cannot evolve but hey there’s wild eevee still in the game

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Honestly I think this is 50/50 chance but I may be leaning towards the new eeveelution idea again. Looking at that new anime poster and seeing eevee front and center it makes believe something is happening with eevee either a new evolution or possible mega evolution (I would save that for the proper thread) but idk I feel like that has always been the safest option to speculate ever since the games were announced, the only direction pointing me away from this is the fact the starter eevee cannot evolve but hey there’s wild eevee still in the game

It’s been really difficult the past few months figuring out if there’s gonna be a new eeveelution or not huh, lol. It might or might not make more sense to reveal a one for LGPE due to being unable to evolve Eevee, even though it is shown so frequently now as Pikachu’s partner mascot. But I have a feeling there will likely be a new eeveelution whether it’s going to debut in this game or the new generation.

Sabre_King

It’s been really difficult the past few months figuring out if there’s gonna be a new eeveelution or not huh, lol. It might or might not make more sense to reveal a one for LGPE due to being unable to evolve Eevee, even though it is shown so frequently now as Pikachu’s partner mascot. But I have a feeling there will likely be a new eeveelution whether it’s going to debut in this game or the new generation.

For sure, I know eevee is being showcased because of the Let’s Go games but if this new eevee in the anime goes to Ash then something special must be happening in the games. I agree it’s something that must be happening in the Let’s Go games or Generation 8.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
For sure, I know eevee is being showcased because of the Let’s Go games but if this new eevee in the anime goes to Ash then something special must be happening in the games. I agree it’s something that must be happening in the Let’s Go games or Generation 8.

You know what, I think you must be on to something. Eevee was basically already showcased for the Everyone’s Story/Power of Us movie as it’s own Pokémon to advertise LGPE. By all means this doesn’t necessarily indicate that Eevee can’t be shown by itself anymore in the future, but as time passes and the new generation comes closer, it feels more and more likely that new Eevee will have some greater significance. And by being shown as a continuous character in the anime, it can certainly have something happen to it at a later point, unlike a movie.

Last edited:

Sabre_King

You know what, I think you must be on to something. Eevee was basically already showcased for the Everyone’s Story/Power of Us movie as it’s own Pokémon to advertise LGPE. By all means this doesn’t necessarily indicate that Eevee can’t be shown by itself anymore in the future, but as time passes and the new generation comes closer, it feels more and more likely that new Eevee will have some greater significance. And by being shown as a continuous character in the anime, it can certainly have something happen to it at a later point, unlike a movie.

Usually whenever an eevee is showcased in the anime I always feel like it will tie into something later on especially if that eevee joins a main cast character. If we look in the past we can see Gary getting in eevee that evolved into umbreon, may’s Eevee eventually evolved into glaceon, and then serena’s Evolved into slyveon. Again not saying this new Pokémon for let’s go will be the new eeveeloution but if Ash obtains this eevee then I think somewhere in the future that eevee is gonna have some significance that tie into the games aside from it’s cool haircut lol

Nodame

Misty <3
I heard that the new Pokémon to obtained from Pokémon GO could be a pink beluga whale, sounds amazing!! Probably a rumor..

Ultra Beast Lover

It's both cute looking and weird. I wouldn't say it doesn't look like a Pokemon because really what defines what a Pokemon should look like but it just looks so odd. Maybe it'll look better in game there's some Pokemon that just don't look good as a drawing.

Scammel

Pokémon has plenty of space for slightly odd Magnemite-esque types. My instinct is that the ring will end up having some sort of resonance/conductivity thing going on that will make it Electric or even Psychic rather than literally just being a hexagonal nut.

DSDark

Breeder
I'm actually pretty okay with this pokemon. Its a simple design, it has plenty of room to evolve. My only issue is not with the pokemon but why they would choose this pokemon to show case gen 8 in Let's go

Status
Not open for further replies.