• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSDark

Breeder

Red and Blue

After the initial shock I'm actually okay with it. It's dex entry will probably mention it was man made or artificial.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Only problem i have with this "new Pokemon" is the one eye. At least i assume it's an eye.

Looks like something out of Banjo-Kazooie or Yooka Laylee.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's a pseudo, or something. Maybe it's just the resemblance to Beldum - clearly steel type, one eye, magnetism is somehow involved with the eye, first stage - that makes me think that, but still. Totally unsupported prediction. It's number being 891 means it's probably closer to the tail end of the Dex.

I would personally bet on Steel/Psychic or mono-Steel, or something. I don't think this is how GF would design a Steel/Poison and Steel/Ghost has been done before, and arguably better.

I'd agree that, like several others before, this one looks like an artificial species in lore terms.

Acer11

Only problem i have with this "new Pokemon" is the one eye. At least i assume it's an eye.

Yeah. Only the nuts in those games are more cartoonish, with a pair of toon eyes. While this one somewhat has just one floating in the middle.

dman_dustin

For the argument that it's a real Pokemon or a placeholder Pokemon.

Why can't it be both? Why can't it be a real Pokemon but its gimmick is that it's a placeholder Pokemon. Maybe in the context that 8th generation introduces the concept of a placeholder party slot giving you access to 7 Pokemon instead of 6 but the only Pokemon that can fit there is THIS Pokemon.

A Pokemon that's there, just for the gimmick of giving you access to a Pokemon when you don't have other Pokemon. Maybe a Pokemon with a single gimmick move that does super effective damage on all Pokemon perhaps with an ability that makes it immune to status effects like paralysis or poison.

Because I didn't even know people were considering it a placeholder when I first saw it, nowhere did I see it as placeholder for Kecleon or otherwise, and even I thought it had a placeholder design that however doesn't mean it can't be its own Pokemon it's own real Pokemon but a Pokemon with a single purpose it's singular gimmick of being a placeholder Pokemon.

Something like that annoying dog (I forget what it's actually called, I don't actually think its annoying) from the undertale games, or maybe like in Black 2 White 2, those fake Pokemon placeholders for the movie/film gameplay of those games, but an ACTUAL Pokemon that you can catch for example.

Again I'm not sure what it being a placeholder Pokemon would mean in terms of gameplay but that's what its gimmick would be.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
891? So this isn't the 808th Pokemon? If so why is it appearing now?

I had a feeling we wouldn't be getting the very next pokemon, as it tends to be a starter.

In many cases, the first pokemon of an upcoming generation to be revealed is something other than a starter, such as Togepi for Gen 2, Munchlax for Gen 4, Zoroark for Gen 5, and Magearna for Gen 7. I doubt this new thing is a legendary, though. Looks like it evolves.

Ultra Beast Lover

To build off of the placeholder idea, what if we kinda take Lillie's role next game? Like early into the game we come across this lost Pokemon. No one knows what it is but the evil team wants it. It's mainly there to help with side quests but you can interact with it in the over world, after you get most of the badges the evil team kidnaps the Pokemon so you give chase and events kind of fall into place. After that you can decide when you want it as your main teammate.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi

That's a good way of putting it :)

Yeah I am not too crazy about it's design, it looks like a silver Ditto with a nut (I hope I got that right) for a head.

Sabre_King

If this turns out to be the new Pokémon I am starting to warm up to it but I do get this vibe that it will have an evolutionary line in gen 8. I feel like it is just incomplete at this point, unless it turns into a mythical Pokémon which I would say would be interesting route to go by. If it turns out having an evolutionary line I am sure some sort of special item would come into play for its evolution as it would make no sense to have just this Pokémon without it’s evolutionary forms if it evolves simply by leveling up or trading with out an item. My thoughts are it being possibly steel/poison.

Red and Blue

If it evolves it will probably become some sort of machine Pokemon. This might be reason to believe Gen 8's region could be futuristic themed

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
If this turns out to be the new Pokémon I am starting to warm up to it but I do get this vibe that it will have an evolutionary line in gen 8. I feel like it is just incomplete at this point, unless it turns into a mythical Pokémon which I would say would be interesting route to go by. If it turns out having an evolutionary line I am sure some sort of special item would come into play for its evolution as it would make no sense to have just this Pokémon without it’s evolutionary forms if it evolves simply by leveling up or trading with out an item. My thoughts are it being possibly steel/poison.
That wouldn't be a bad idea for a type combo, we haven't had that yet :)

Sabre_King

That wouldn't be a bad idea for a type combo, we haven't had that yet :)

It would be the death of practically any fairy Pokémon lol although it’s kryptonite would definitely be ground types for sure lol I feel like if it was a steel/poison it would be a heavy physical user maybe high physical attack and defense

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
(moving this to this thread because it goes better here)

I obviously couldn't help myself, and I'm sure other people have done it already, so I've decided to give this new possible pokéthing a name, based on the typings I think it could have:

Steel/Ghost
Phasten (phantom + fasten)

Steel/Psychic
Fausten (Faust, after Johann Faust, a German astrologer + fasten)

Steel/Fairy
Syllicon (sylvia + silicon)

Fairy
Fatallo ('fata,' Italian for fairy + 'metallo,' Italian for metal)

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I feel like a Pokemon that's made purely of liquid metal would fit a poison/steel type.

Status
Not open for further replies.