• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
If there is a new eveelution I'd like to see a dragon, steel, or flying eveelution. Dragon and steel because Sylveon and flying because I think it'd be kinda funny to see it in the overworld because it'd be the first four legged flyer I believe.

I hope they introduce a pair of new evolutions for Eevee, it'd be more interesting than just one. And if they were to create a Flying type evolution it'd probably be something like a pegasus, four legs with wings on its back.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
For Eeveelutions, I wish it would be a pair again, this time Dragon and Flying.

Dragon to finish the "all special" types, Flying because it pairs well with Dragon as a reference to all the Dragon/Flying we've gotten.

Not to mention, Dragon also pairs well with Fairy (Sylveon) type-wise, in the same way Espeon is paired with Umbreon.

As for starter, I personally would like to see a Fire/Electric rabbit, a Water/Poison snake, and a Grass-type wolf.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
While I can't speculate on species of Pokemon there are some new type combinations I'd like to see.

Grass/Dragon
Dark/Fairy
Fire/Water
Grass/Water

Orphalesion

flying because I think it'd be kinda funny to see it in the overworld because it'd be the first four legged flyer I believe.

Uhm...remember Salamence? Dragon/Flying type, four legged, flies...
Cutiefly also has four legs and flies...
So does Tropius...
Yanma, Yanmega and Lediba each have six legs...
Vibrava has four legs...
That's all I can think of spontaneously, probably forgot some.

There's a lot of things they could do with a Flying type Eeveelution. It doesn't even need to have wings, it could fly on clouds, or hover on mist or fog it produces.

Ultra Beast Lover

Uhm...remember Salamence? Dragon/Flying type, four legged, flies...
Cutiefly also has four legs and flies...
So does Tropius...
Yanma, Yanmega and Lediba each have six legs...
Vibrava has four legs...
That's all I can think of spontaneously, probably forgot some.

There's a lot of things they could do with a Flying type Eeveelution. It doesn't even need to have wings, it could fly on clouds, or hover on mist or fog it produces.
XD how did I forget them, it's not like most of them are even forgetable

Bus

Like a large amount of people here, I'd like to see some evolutions to older Pokemon; though mostly from Generation 2 onwards. I think Gen 1 has had enough of the glory by now. I don't mean to sound like I'm hating on it, but its time in the sun is over. They had a majority of the Mega Evolutions granted to them, all the Alola forms focused on them, and most of the evolutions in later gens came for pokemon in Generation 1. Aside from Eevee of course; because that's practically tradition now.

Evolutions I'd like to see:
Qwillfish- 90% of the time, I forget this Pokemon even exists; I remembered it, but had to look up its name for this post
Miltank Seems like it could be taken a step further without overdoing things. Probably Fairy/Normal as a typing
Combee (Male)- Combee is virtually useless if it isn't Female. Why not give us a Bug/Fighting evolution to show it become a Soldier or Worker Bee
Darmanitan- It looks mostly finished in all honesty, but I could also see a Fire/Fighting evolution that makes it bigger and a bit bulkier; with a Zen Mode making it look more Enlightened rather than a blue rock
Maractus- Most 1-stage pokemon look like they're fine on their own, but I feel like Maractus could use a bit of an upgrade to Grass/Fairy and a better look without looking to cluttered after an evolution
Yamask- Alternate evolution (given different conditions) that turn it into a Mummy-based Pokemon instead of a Sarcophagus. Could be highly attack specialized instead of the super tank the other one is
Luvdisv- Give us a connection to Alomomola and stop pretending these 2 aren't already connected!
Cubchoo- I feel like this guy needs a middle form. it seems weird to go from a tiny cub to a full grown Polar Bear with a beard. Could spread the stats out better and give him a final stat boost if you provide a middle form. Not sure how you'd justify something suddenly have a middle form though. Maybe say it takes longer to mature in the climate of the new region?
Meowstic (Male & Female)- Separate evolution lines for the two of these that vary much more than before in looks so one is Support based and the other Attack based
Heliolisk- I like this pokemon, but it always looked 'unfinished' to me; like there was a final form I just didn't know how to get it to evolve to. Would be nice to have it be Electric/Fire to play on its name based on the Sun
Eevee- What do we have left here? Poison, Dragon, Flying, Fighting, Rock, Ground, Normal, Ghost, Bug, Steel? They've stuck mostly to what used to be classified as 'Special' attackers before the split and there's none of them left, but if they decide to veer course, then I'll hope for Ghost & Poison.

Obviously, this would be a lot for one game to add; heck, it would mean that half the roster would just be evolutions to older 'mons, but if we could get at least 5 of these guys in I'd be happy. I would love to see some changes to old pokemon to give them new typings; like more regional variants, but I feel like that was an Alola-only gimmick. They missed their opportunity to make Psyduck/Golduck the Water/Psychic type he was destined to be.

Other hopes that aren't just evolutions to older types are for Fossils. I was disappointed there were no Fossils this past gen, so I hope they make a return here. There's still plenty to use; we haven't had a Velociraptor yet or a Stegosaurus.

And finally, as far as Starter hopes go...I don't have anything in particular for the animal basings, but the final typings I hope are:
Water/Dark
Fire/Poison
Grass/Electric

Each of those would be pretty unique with only one other Fire/Poison and Water/Dark line (not including Mega Gyrados).

M.P.

Retired
I hope they finally introduce a Grass/Fire type, possibly based on Jack O'Lantern or a flaming tiki (Sun and Moon would've been a perfect opportunity for the latter).

As for starters, I really like the above-mentioned ideas of Water/Poison Snake and Grass Wolf (perhaps the latter could be Grass/Dark?). Fire/Steel type starter would be cool as well (we only have Heatran of that type), but I don't know what animal it could be based on.

Ultra Beast Lover

Hmm for the starters maybe water/fire, fire/grass, and grass/water? They each nulify their original weakness. Maybe the water/fire starter could be a sea serpent, fire/grass should be a jack o lantern, and grass/water can be a kelpie

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
My ideal starters would be a Grass/Dark moose, Fire/Fairy snake, and a Water/Steel lobster.

I counter your suggestion with

Grass/Ice moose (serious question why /dark)
Fire/Fairy snake (eould be very curious to see that combo on a snake)
Water/Rock coral crab.

Thoughts?

Orphalesion

My wish for a fire starter would be something that completely destroys the "Zodiac" theory. But considering that in that "theory" an echidna stands in for the rat, everything is possible. They could give us a fire starter based on a bear and people would somehow make it to the dog or something.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper

Water/Rock coral crab.

Thoughts?

To answer your questions... I chose Grass/Dark because the idea I have in mind is partially inspired by the Native American mythical creature called the Wendigo. Fire/Fairy has a design based on the various Mesoamerican feathered serpent (such as the Aztec Quetzalcoatl), and Water/Steel due to a theme around pirates.

@Orphalesion we already have Fennekin, who is a fennec fox for the dog. Maybe a bison for the ox?

Marzbar

I triggers me so much to see a Kangaskhan hatch with a baby already in its pouch. If they go back and change ANYTHING from the first 7 gens of Pokemon, please make this the first thing. I'd rather this than a new Eeveelution. That's how upsetting it is for me :p

Other new Pokemon (other than a dolphin which I agree on completely):

Kraken
Whale Shark
Killer Whale (Orca)
Norwhal
Tiger Shark
Goblin Shark

Basically more big water pokemon

Plus a house fly, a komodo dragon, a wasp, a cockroach that's more realistic than Pheromosa, evolutions for Dunsparce, Delibird, Farfetch'd and Spinda.

And more Spiders!

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
My wish for a fire starter would be something that completely destroys the "Zodiac" theory. But considering that in that "theory" an echidna stands in for the rat, everything is possible. They could give us a fire starter based on a bear and people would somehow make it to the dog or something.

YES can't second this enough. Give us an inanimate object fire starter and watch people connect it to some zodiac animal somehow.

I triggers me so much to see a Kangaskhan hatch with a baby already in its pouch. If they go back and change ANYTHING from the first 7 gens of Pokemon, please make this the first thing. I'd rather this than a new Eeveelution. That's how upsetting it is for me :p

I've always wanted them to connect cubone to Kangaskhan somehow with cubone being born only when kangaskhan has it's last baby (lore wise) before it dies. Honestly not sure what the point would be of that but that's one idea!

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I can agree with a few suggestions other people have made. A Pokemon based off a bottlenose dolphin would have been perfect for Alola but there's always the chance it could appear in future games. I can see it being a pure Water type with high speed attacks.

Bus

Water/Rock coral crab.

Thoughts?

I hate to kinda poop on the idea, but Grass/Ice is probably the single worst combination in the game, why would you willingly want it? Offensively its pretty nice, but that combo has so many weaknesses, I'm not sure its possible to have a Pokemon that WOULDN'T have a super effective move against it. It would be a waste and a shame to force a poor moose, which could have an awesome design to it, to be relegated to the unfortunate status of being Grass/Ice.

As for the reasoning behind it, that would be kinda cool, though I don't think a Wendigo is really related to a Moose in any way. It has the skull of some kinda stag or deer...usually a deer...but never a Moose as far as I know. Making a trio of starters being Mythos based would be cool, though.
Grass/Dark- Wendigo (Native American)
Water/Ice- Yeti (Tibet?)
Fire/Fighting- Minotaur (Greek) Bonus, if the Chinese Zodiac is actually a thing, people could argue that the Minotaur is part Ox lol.

EDIT: Actually, in reference to the Zodiac, what do we have left? Ox, Horse, Rabbit, Goat, and Snake? So if it's not one of those then the theory is debunked? of course, they could always have just decided to abandon their train of thought there like they did with the generational Fossils, but who knows? Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing any of these; they all sound like they could make an epic 3 stage pokemon; especially the Ox.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
I hate to kinda poop on the idea, but Grass/Ice is probably the single worst combination in the game, why would you willingly want it? Offensively its pretty nice, but that combo has so many weaknesses, I'm not sure its possible to have a Pokemon that WOULDN'T have a super effective move against it. It would be a waste and a shame to force a poor moose, which could have an awesome design to it, to be relegated to the unfortunate status of being Grass/Ice.

As for the reasoning behind it, that would be kinda cool, though I don't think a Wendigo is really related to a Moose in any way. It has the skull of some kinda stag or deer...usually a deer...but never a Moose as far as I know. Making a trio of starters being Mythos based would be cool, though.
Water/Ice- Yeti (Tibet?)
Fire/Fighting- Minotaur (Greek) Bonus, if the Chinese Zodiac is actually a thing, people could argue that the Minotaur is part Ox lol.

EDIT: Actually, in reference to the Zodiac, what do we have left? Ox, Horse, Rabbit, Goat, and Snake? So if it's not one of those then the theory is debunked? of course, they could always have just decided to abandon their train of thought there like they did with the generational Fossils, but who knows? Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing any of these; they all sound like they could make an epic 3 stage pokemon; especially the Ox.

I never want another Fire type starter to become part fighting until we are at least in generation 10. Having Torchic, Chimchar, and Tepig all get that combo in a row, was overkill. Which is why I *really* want a Fire snake. Because it's the one remaining animal in the Chinese Zodiac that would look completely ridiculous if it were part fighting-type, and Game Freak doesn't want to make the fully evolved starters look stupid beyond salvation.

I was pondering about the myth themes for a starter trio. Gen 4 kind of did that, but it was kind of broad. Torterra as the generic "World Turtle", Infernape was very loosely based on Sun Wukong, and Empoleon had Poseidon's trident coming out of its face.

Assuming they try that theme again and do it better, I could imagine one starter have Mesoamerican influence, one being given a Greco-Roman design, and the remaining starter looking quite Egyptian.

I've seen a certain Fakemon user with his own wiki, and one of his starter trios are based on Norse gods. Grass/Electric (Thor), Fire/Ground (Freyr) Water/Fighting (Odin). But restricting the theme to one pantheon may work, but only if it's done right.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

Water/Ice- Yeti (Tibet?)

as much as I dislike the zodiac theory, I welcome a fire rabbit! Especially one that would have higher stats than the other rabbit pokemon, and not be normal or fighting type.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I hate to kinda poop on the idea, but Grass/Ice is probably the single worst combination in the game, why would you willingly want it? Offensively its pretty nice, but that combo has so many weaknesses, I'm not sure its possible to have a Pokemon that WOULDN'T have a super effective move against it. It would be a waste and a shame to force a poor moose, which could have an awesome design to it, to be relegated to

I know its not great. But I still like the combo, and would still love to see it on a moosemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.