• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
All I can find is the game includes gen 1 plus meltan. Pokémon go started with gen 1, it feels like LGPE would follow suit, but would probably depend on Pokémon go for latter gen Pokémon.
Sorry for getting too speculative with this.
No need to apologise. I would have felt that Game Freak could add on Pokémon like what Niantic did with Pokémon GO but it's just unfortunate that Game Freak won't. But I would like to see some gameplay footage to see it using its moves.

Temproux

No need to apologise. I would have felt that Game Freak could add on Pokémon like what Niantic did with Pokémon GO but it's just unfortunate that Game Freak won't. But I would like to see some gameplay footage to see it using its moves.
There have been many surprises lately by both Nintendo and gamefreak, most notable being the attention given to mobile platforms.

That being said a lot of main stay titles are given updates with additional features and/or content added.

What your saying is completely true, however I think we're looking at a new approach from gamefreak, so I am not discounting the possibility of content filled updates.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
There have been many surprises lately by both Nintendo and gamefreak, most notable being the attention given to mobile platforms.

That being said a lot of main stay titles are given updates with additional features and/or content added.

What your saying is completely true, however I think we're looking at a new approach from gamefreak, so I am not discounting the possibility of content filled updates.
However these changes were as a result of the growing mobile gaming market that easily overtook the console gaming market. Introducing Meltan in such a way is at least unexpected and Game Freak is surely going back to their surprises again. But then since it hasn't released yet we don't quite know what sort of updates we expect for LGPE. What I'm sure about is that the confirmed Pokémon are definitely in the initial release but then we don't know if there will be content updates so that new Pokémon get added.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

If they didn't add the new Gen VII Pokémon from Ultra Sun and Moon to Sun and Moon by patch only last year, why would they suddenly start adding completely unrelated Pokémon to Let's Go this year? Game Freak has made it pretty clear that they have no interest in patching games to include new Pokémon.

And just because Game Freak has changed the way they do some things, that doesn't mean we can start baselessly speculating that they might do something else new. There's no direct relation.

Nodame

Misty <3
My Assumption is that Meltan is a Gen 8 Pokemon, I don’t know why people act as if it never happened before.. introducing a new Pokémon before the new gen. Also, since the games are remakes but they serve as main games like Omega Ruby, and next year we’re getting our Gen 8. I don’t know why people are making things confusing.. it’s clear.

Sabre_King

I am happy I predicted the possibility of the additional form. Meltan just looked like a Pokémon that would be guaranteed a new form. It will be interesting to see how it’s final form looks but I hope it gains an additional type. My hope is the additional type is steel/ poison due to the liquid metal situation but based on a lot of its description surrounding electricity a safe bet would be steel/electric

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
My Assumption is that Meltan is a Gen 8 Pokemon, I don’t know why people act as if it never happened before.. introducing a new Pokémon before the new gen. Also, since the games are remakes but they serve as main games like Omega Ruby, and next year we’re getting our Gen 8. I don’t know why people are making things confusing.. it’s clear.

They may have revealed new Pokémon before their generation before, but they have made those Pokémon fully obtainable and usable in a main series game before their generation before. Let's Go would default to being a Gen VII game, due to coming between the first game releases of Gen VII and VIII, and if Meltan is fully obtainable within a Gen VII game, that makes it a Gen VII Pokémon by definition, just like Stakataka and Poipole.

Of course, there are some unusual scenarios under which Meltan could turn out to actually be Gen VIII, but given everything we know now, the only logical conclusion is that it's a Gen VII Pokémon.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
If Meltan is categorized as a Gen 7 Pokémon, that would mean Gen 7 would have it first and last Pokémon revealed be a Steel type Mythical

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
If Meltan is categorized as a Gen 7 Pokémon, that would mean Gen 7 would have it first and last Pokémon revealed be a Steel type Mythical
Or the only Steel mythical of the generation to be revealed. But then in some way it can be categorised as a Gen 7 Pokémon because it debuted in a Gen 7 main series game.

Status
Not open for further replies.