• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ooooooh so Meltan gets a big new form? AWESOME! I love this thing more and more!!!!

I do hope it doesn't get the Steel/Electric typing. I would much rather have it remain a pure Steel type (and be godly) or gain the Steel/Poison typing. Like with Hoopa, I see its base form have a 600 BST, and its new form having 680 BST. As far as the distribution goes, I could see it getting 100s for all stats, but since it is getting a new form, I don't see it have 100s. It looks more like a bulky physical attacker, but its supposed signature move is a laser, which points to special attacker. So I am not sure. I'm bad at guessing stats, I completely thought Complete Zygarde would have monster stats in each category, but it only really ended up with god-like HP, so who knows.
Yeah, which is already pretty cool. It wouldn't have felt as great if it didn't have a new evolution or a form.

It would be interesting if the new form/evolution did gain the Poison typing so that it could refer to its liquid metal body becoming toxic to touch. As well as high Special Attack, I guess that because it looks like Complete Zygarde in some way it could have high HP and like Regirock it could also have high Defense. But I'm expecting quite low Special Defense and very low Speed.

Nodame

Misty <3
It's cute that Meltan will evolve into a Mecha Pokemon. I don't remember we have mechas in the dex, so that's kinda unique.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
It's cute that Meltan will evolve into a Mecha Pokemon. I don't remember we have mechas in the dex, so that's kinda unique.

Just curious, why are so many people (not just you), referring to this silhouetted Pokémon as an evolution? Yes, it's technically a possibility, seeing as we got Cosmog evolving, but evolving Legendary Pokémon are the exception, not the rule. We should probably all just assume that it's a form change until there's actual evidence to suggest it's anything else.

Luthor

Just curious, why are so many people (not just you), referring to this silhouetted Pokémon as an evolution? Yes, it's technically a possibility, seeing as we got Cosmog evolving, but evolving Legendary Pokémon are the exception, not the rule. We should probably all just assume that it's a form change until there's actual evidence to suggest it's anything else.

Personally, I think it will be a form change. I'm not saying an evolution is impossible but I don't think they'll go that way. To me it seems very similar to Zygarde.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Unlike Pokémon forms like Wishiwashi, Meltan ‘s new form has a different asset ID (892) which indicates it probably is a different Pokémon on its’ own, although I’m supporting for a form change.

Nodame

Misty <3
Not necessarily an evolution, I’ve said it in a previous post, it could be form change. Whatever, the idea of having a mecha is nice regardless. That’s my point.

Muffin Man

Probably should have explained that bit from the beginning. Your meaning was not clear from the statements you made.

Anyways, this is an unusual, and so far unique circumstance, but regardless of the circumstance, if we assume Let's Go is a Gen VII game (which is the best classification we have for it), then a Pokémon fully introduced in it must be a Gen VII Pokémon. Your requirement of needing to be able to put it into a team with other Gen VII Pokémon is a somewhat arbitrary rule. While it's always been that way before, there's really no way that can be a more important factor than game of origin. Even if it weren't, seeing as Let's Go is the first and only Pokémon game to remove Pokémon, it seems to justify a special exception from your rule.

I would say needing to force every "main series" game into a strict generation category is an even more arbitrary rule.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Not necessarily an evolution, I’ve said it in a previous post, it could be form change. Whatever, the idea of having a mecha is nice regardless. That’s my point.
Joe Merrick confirmed that this is indeed an evolution. The cry was assigned to a separate index number (892) while form changes occupy the same index number as their base Pokemon. This implies that this will be a separate Pokemon species.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I would say needing to force every "main series" game into a strict generation category is an even more arbitrary rule.

Not really, seeing as the entire point of a generation is to classify the games.

Muffin Man

Not really, seeing as the entire point of a generation is to classify the games.

I thought the "point" was to label and describe a repeated and obvious pattern, which Let's Go breaks. If "the entire point" is simply to classify every game regardless of whether or not the classifcations actually mean anything, then the "entire point" is arbitrary.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I thought the "point" was to label and describe a repeated and obvious pattern, which Let's Go breaks. If "the entire point" is simply to classify every game regardless of whether or not the classifcations actually mean anything, then the "entire point" is arbitrary.

It really doesn't break anything. The pattern has always been that every three-four years we get a new game, with a new region, and lots of new Pokémon. Everything between that game and the next one that does the same is considered a generation.

And look, if you want to argue that Let's Go, and therefore Meltan belong to no generation, then there's not much more I can tell you. I am only trying to debate against the idea of Meltan being a Gen VIII Pokémon.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
So it is an evolution? Huh... didn't expect that. I figured we would get something considering there was a lot of focus on Meltan's ability to absorb metal, but I did not expect an evolution.

I love Meltan!!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So it is an evolution? Huh... didn't expect that. I figured we would get something considering there was a lot of focus on Meltan's ability to absorb metal, but I did not expect an evolution.

I love Meltan!!
Definitely cool if it’s actually confirmed to be an evolution. I expect a huge increase in stats like what happened to Cosmog when it fully evolves.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
It hasn't really been confirmed to evolve. That asset number thing is evidence, but it's certainly not proof. These are internal numbers, not meant to be seen by the public. Who really knows what's going on with them.

Regardless of that, I personally hope that it is a form change and not an evolution. Form changes are more interesting, and I'm still inherently against the idea of a Legendary Pokémon being able to evolve, even if it has already happened.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Yeah and that there is already one Ice Elite Four, one Ghost and a dragon one. And there are not really effective against steel
Ghost has regular effectiveness against Steel.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
I feel like it will be a form change, bit I wouldn't put it past them to make it an evolution. I'm not super fussed either way honestly, I just wanna see it before I decide if I like it or not.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I wonder what pokedex meltan will be put in in pokemon go ?

BCVM22

I wonder what pokedex meltan will be put in in pokemon go ?

Wouldn't surprise me if they either put it at the start or end of Kanto (before Bulbasaur or after Mew) to tie in with LGP/E, or gave it its own ??? category. Whatever part of the Pokédex one believes Meltan falls into, whether that's Alola's portion or Generation VIII-land's portion, GO isn't getting to either one for a while still.

Status
Not open for further replies.