• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Melmetal looks awesome. The only thing I don’t like about it is that it’s a Mythical Pokémon. Its design fits perfectly with pseudo-pseudo legendaries like Zoroark or Lucario, & now it’ll be considered taboo to use it in playthroughs & online battles.

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Hopefully there is a more “normal” means to evolve Meltan into Melmetal when it appears in future games (the Candy mechanic is for the sake of needing Pokemon Go to obtain it) but it will blow if Pokemon Go and LGPE is the only way to get it.

Luthor

So it is an evolution then. I'll admit I was wrong. Still the new evolution I do like. I now wonder if this is the final evolution in the line. I assume it will be but I might be wrong again......

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Huh, why did I think Ground resisted Steel?

also, what are we thinking for stats?
Maybe because Steelix resisted Steel and is one of the more known Steel-types? Now with what Melmetal looks like I think it'll have a high Attack stat.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Maybe because Steelix resisted Steel and is one of the more known Steel-types? Now with what Melmetal looks like I think it'll have a high Attack stat.

Agree on high attack! I hope it doesn't have the Sturdy ability (lame), but its bio mentions the word sturdy.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Agree on high attack! I hope it doesn't have the Sturdy ability (lame), but its bio mentions the word sturdy.
More like a steel version of Regirock if it did get Sturdy. I'm not expecting it'll eventually get an impressive Ability but there are definitely other options.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Huh, I'm not sure what to say about this guy. He looks cooler than Meltan, but there's something just... I don't know... off about it to me. Not that I don't like it, I just can't fully embrace it, yet.

I'm a little perturbed that its yet another Legendary that evolves, and just like Type: Null/Silvally before it, the lore behind its "evolution" would work much better as a form change. Call me old fashioned, but I just don't like the idea of having Legendary Pokémon that evolve.

I'd be willing to bet that the only reason this is an evolution instead of a form change is because Go doesn't support from changes. In Go, Pokémon are stuck in the form you catch them in, as Niantic is somewhat lazy when it comes to implementing the gimmicks of Pokémon.

char_char

Beginning Trainer
Have they said if we’re able to transfer candy from Let’s Go to Pokemon Go? I’ll never be able to reach the 400 candy needed to evolve Meltan if we’re only able to use candy found in Pokemon Go. There’s only one gym around me and the only Pokemon that show up regularly are the regional birds/bugs/random common grass Pokemon.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Dumb question but since abilities are not in these games, does that mean we won't get an ability for Meltan/Melmetal until Gen 8? Or are there abilities in Go (I don't play Go)?

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Melmetal looks pretty dope (although it gives off strong Regi vibes), but I'm not a huge fan of the Pokemon GO connection.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Dumb question but since abilities are not in these games, does that mean we won't get an ability for Meltan/Melmetal until Gen 8? Or are there abilities in Go (I don't play Go)?
Well that does mean that Meltan won't have an Ability until Gen 8. There are also no Abilities in Pokémon GO.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Go has no abilities, which is probably a big part of the reason why they were removed from Let's Go. It causes many problems, such as Castform not being able to change form, and Shedinja, a whole year after Hoenn Pokémon started being released, is still unreleased.

So yeah, it would seem that they'll have to retroactively give Meltan and Melmetal abilities in Gen VIII.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
On the topic of generation, I do want to say, while this certainly does not prove that Meltan and Melmetal are Gen VII Pokémon, it does seem to reinforce the idea. The easy counterargument to make is that this is a Victini situation, with a number 0 Pokémon in the Gen VIII's regional dex. The problem with that is we have two Pokémon. So, if they are Gen VIII, either both of them are numbered zero, one is ridiculously numbered -1, or they actually push the starters away from their traditional numbers. All of these options seem unlikely. Admittedly, that last possibility is kind of realistic, but probably shouldn't be expected.

Once again, not claiming this is proof that Meltan isn't Gen VIII, but it certainly seems to imply it.

D

Deleted member 384931

The stupid thing is and they said that: Not having pokémon go wont be any problem to play LGEP. Its stupid that they use GO now instead when it was really really popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.