• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orphalesion

I really like the Fire/Thunder/Ice Punch idea, I think people are only sick of Fire/Fighting Starters a non-starter fire/fighting type that'd be more widely available (due to not being a starter) might be popular.

This idea could be combined with my old wish for a fighting type kangaroo. With a bit of creativity (and taking ice age megafauna Kangaroos into consideration) it would fit all three combos fairly well.

If seasons where to come back I'd also like to see a classical Tinkerbell-like fairy that evolves differently depending on seasons; in Spring it becomes a Fairy/Grass flower Fairy (like those in old British children's books) based around a spring flower like violets, in summer a Fairy/Psychic Sunshine Spirit, in Autumn a Fairy/Fire type based around burning autumn leaves and in winter a Fairy/Ice snow pixie.

^That's also why we'd need shorter seasons if they return.

Last edited:

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I really like the Fire/Thunder/Ice Punch idea, I think people are only sick of Fire/Fighting Starters a non-starter fire/fighting type that'd be more widely available (due to not being a starter) might be popular.

This idea could be combined with my old wish for a fighting type kangaroo. With a bit of creativity (and taking ice age megafauna Kangaroos into consideration) it would fit all three combos fairly well.

One of my first concepts for this years ago was for a Fighting type Kangaroo. Although eventually I think I changed the evo method to a Blaze/Freeze/Jolt Kick (the later 2 being new moves).

And I do agree. While sure many may gripe about "another" Fire/Fighting type, I think most only have issue with that type on starters. And with gen 5 being the last gen to have that type, gen8 would have a nice 2 gen padding folks frustration.

Ultra Beast Lover

What about a normal type eeveelution? Or is that too boring?
That would be kind of interesting, Eevee can evolve into many different types. In theory it could evolve into a normal type.

Bus

Anyone remember that rumor for the last gen? Some kind of Cat pokemon that would hatch as a different type depending on what type the pokemon was mated with? If not that exactly, some kind of new method getting new pokemon via breeding might be kind of cool.

Like the only way to get the Pseudo-line for this new generation would be to mate two specific different new pokemon (or a new and an old) to produce an offspring that is neither pokemon. Just for fun, I'll come up with a concept.

Father (Zebstrika) + Mother (Kingdra)
Sparquus (30) --> Sparquine (50 on water route) --> Plaskampos
Type: Electric --> Electric --> Electric/Water

The father for this pokemon MUST be a Zebstrika and the mother MUST be a Kingdra. As I was writing this, I realized there are two other Horse based Pokemon, so I decided to change this concept. Not only would this Pseudo-Legend be created from the combo of two former pokemon, but depending on the father, the type and design could shift a bit (along with potential movepool) becoming one of 3 different possible pseudo-legends.

Father (Rapidash) + Mother (Kingdra)
Emberquus (30) --> Emberquine (50 on water route) --> Nightkampos
Type: Fire --> Fire --> Fire/Water

Father (Mudsdale) + Mother (Kingdra)
Terraquus (30) --> Terraquine (50 on water route) --> Quakampos
Type: Ground --> Ground --> Ground/Water

EDIT: After re-reading my post, I realized I used more elemental affiliated names for the ground and fire variations, but the original, which was Electric type, still had the prefix of 'Kel' for "Kelpie"; specifically a Water-horse; so I changed to 'Spar' ( for Spark) & 'Plas' (for Plasma). All variations achieve their final evolution on a water route because they're based on the Greek myth of a Hippocampus; a creature that is half-horse and half-fish, with the difference here being that the horse half differs in type and appearance based on the Father.

EDIT 2: Just for kicks, since Kingdra is Water/Dragon, there can be a 4th possible form based on the Chinese myth of a Dragon Horse. The line would be Psychic/Dragon (since Psychic is seen as 'Light' I believe and this is a Holy horse in myth). There would only be a Shiny% chance of it hatching when breeding any of the fathers with the Kingdra mother, however. It would be Lonquus, Lonquine, and Celeskampos ('Longma', the name of the creature in Chinese Myth, and 'Celestial' being the prefix basis).

Last edited:

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Id love to see them do that catmon rumor from last gen. Of course.... if they did it is very, unfortunatley almost guaranteed to run into the same problem that Pokemon like Silvally, Oricorio have.

Namely not enough variety in their move pool, as the major gimmick is about being a variety of types. Theu could go the route of different movepools for every type..... but thats alot that needs to be done for one Pokemon.

Volcaronick

A Fairy/Steel type with Levitate. Think about it.

Immune to: Poison, Dragon, Ground (Weak only to Fire)

Resists: Normal, Flying, Bug (x4), Psychic, Grass, Rock, Ice, Dark, Fairy

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
What do yall think of this old idea I had for a Bug/Ice type?

It be baised on a dung beetle, but instead of rolling around dung, it rolls around snowballs.

At least in the final stage. Middle stage I imagine it being stuck in one (for its "cocoon" stage).

Thoughts?

Marzbar

It be baised on a dung beetle, but instead of rolling around dung, it rolls around snowballs.

At least in the final stage. Middle stage I imagine it being stuck in one (for its "cocoon" stage).

Thoughts?
I like it! And they should buff Ice Ball or give it a new signature move

M.P.

Retired

Thoughts?

I like it. I hope either this or the weta idea happens in Gen 8.

KKS-Lapras

Anyone else prefer the idea of getting a new base stage Pokemon to evolve into all the physical types, instead of having Eevee evolve into them.

I mean Eevee line already takes up 9 dex spots. If we get all types we are looking at one line that takes up to 20 spots of any dex it shows up in.....

Personally no. I want Game Freak to keep gradually introducing Eevelutions every new even generation, and I wouldn't be upset if they broke the only in even generations pattern. I do believe eventually they'll introduce an Eevelution for every type including Normal. Dragon, Bug, and Fighting are the three types I've always had a hard time picturing for Eevelutions, not in terms of designs, as they've been done as Fakemon concepts for years, but just the reasoning for evolving into those 3 types I struggle with. There's no environmental stimuli or environment in which there's some benefit to evolving into any of those three types, they would be more structural changes, where as all the types so far, and the other remaining types besides those 3, are all elemental and environmental. Fairy, Psychic, and Dark are tied to emotional connection and friendship. Ghost and Normal I picture being somehow tied to that same line of thought, something that is dictated by the bond with the trainer. Poison, Ground, Rock, Steel, and Flying are all elemental and environmental. Which leaves Fighting, Bug, and Dragon which I just can't pin down what would trigger those kinds of evolution.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I have this idea for a Water/Dark type Pokémon based on the Leopard Seal. That would be pretty cool.

Oooh, I'd be up for that! I've been hoping for a leopard seal based Pokemon.

I'd love an okapi-based Pokemon. It could be normal/grass or normal/fighting, maybe fairy type thrown in among those other three?

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Chipmunk for the Electric rodent. That's an Alvin and the Chipmunks reference for the nickname waiting to happen.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I had this idea a while back for a Bug/Electric scorpion. Its final stage was called Thorpion. Its claws when closed were shaped like cubed hammers, and its tail was like a spiked flail.

Honestly I would just like to see a new scorpion Pokemon in the more traditional shape (on six legs, claws and head close to ground, long tail). And one that ideally does so mething different than make it /Poison. /Electric, or heck a Fire/Bug scorpion starter sounds awesome.

Bus

I had this idea a while back for a Bug/Electric scorpion. Its final stage was called Thorpion. Its claws when closed were shaped like cubed hammers, and its tail was like a spiked flail.

Honestly I would just like to see a new scorpion Pokemon in the more traditional shape (on six legs, claws and head close to ground, long tail). And one that ideally does something different than make it /Poison. /Electric, or heck a Fire/Bug scorpion starter sounds awesome.

What about if it was Electric/Poison? It'd be a brand new typing and sounds like it could fit a Scorpion pretty well. I'd imagine Corrosion would be a good ability for it, too. So it could either Poison no matter what or Paralyze reliably.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
What about if it was Electric/Poison? It'd be a brand new typing and sounds like it could fit a Scorpion pretty well. I'd imagine Corrosion would be a good ability for it, too. So it could either Poison no matter what or Paralyze reliably.

We have already had 1 scorpion ditch its bug typing. I think some scorpion fans would like to keep at least one scorpion line as /Bug.

Bus

We have already had 1 scorpion ditch its bug typing. I think some scorpion fans would like to keep at least one scorpion line as /Bug.

If they were true fans, they'd know that Scorpions aren't insects; they're apart of the arachnid family. They have 8 legs; not 6 as well as only 2 body segments whereas insects have 3 body segments.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
If they were true fans, they'd know that Scorpions aren't insects; they're apart of the arachnid family. They have 8 legs; not 6 as well as only 2 body segments whereas insects have 3 body segments.

....i didnt mention insect, i mentioned /bug typing.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad

Game Freak can take some artistic liberties when designing Pokemon. So it doesn't have to have 8 legs, I mean look at Ariados and Galvantula.

Status
Not open for further replies.