1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Let's Go, Pikachu & Eevee' started by RileyXY1, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Bus

Bus Well-Known Member

I know; I was just being cheeky lol

Trainer Yusuf likes this.
  2. lemoncatpower

lemoncatpower Cynical Optimist

hmmm
    if anything it'd be nice if they made a spider pokemon with Eight legs consistantly throughout it's evolution.. Spiders only have six legs in pokemon oddly enough

Orphalesion likes this.
  3. SleepingGiant

SleepingGiant Well-Known Member

A Mule-like pokemon that can only be obtained by breeding pokemon of different species, and yet it can't breed itself. It'd be a PITA for competitive players but still a neat unique way to obtain a pokemon that hasn't been done yet.

4. paipr_christian

paipr_christian grass type fan.

It sounds interesting... but I think one ofnthe biggest issues of Prevos was you HAD to breed to get them..... that and bad stats of already stronger Pokemon.

It be interesting.... but hopefully worthwhile.

5. Bus

Bus Well-Known Member

You could also go with a more mythological line of thinking as well and get a Manticore type of pokemon via breeding only. Something that can't breed on its own, but evolves either once or twice and can only be bred/found via two different parents like a Pyroar with an Arbok, or a Luxray with a Seviper. (Most Manticore are Lion bodies with a snake tail, right? Can't remember fully).

6. CMButch

CMButch LGPE are/will be the worst main core games

I just want new games to have more than 100 Pokemon.And UBs to return.

7. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

Head of a man, body of a lion and a stiff tail filled with poison quills (or sometimes the tail of a scorpion)

But yeah, some Pokemon that can be obtained by breeding two species would be nice.

8. Bus

Bus Well-Known Member

Wouldn't mind seeing a Poison Legendary in the form of a Naga, but I know people have some hangups about 'human-like' pokemon.

9. paipr_christian

I think part of that is when animals evolving into a humanoid animal Pokemon.

A legendary might be different since, in theory, it wont be evolved into. Oddly enough..... there really arent many humanoid legendaries... if any. There are bipedal beasts/dragons..... but none really humanoid.

10. Bus

Bus Well-Known Member

Yeah, and I believe I made this argument in the last gen as we were waiting for the Gen 7 release, but many people also complain about 'human-like' pokemon because they're confusing anthropomorphism for 'human-like'. Pokemon like Lucario are simply bipedal, but people call it 'human-like' because it stands upright, has shoulders and etc. I had made the argument that if you go by such simple definitions, then Charizard, the very definition of a Dragon (despite not being types as such) would be considered 'Human-like' because it had shoulders, arms, and stood upright.

Even though their view is wrong (I had also argued that contrary to popular belief, opinions CAN be wrong when they're based on false knowledge), people confuse the two and would call Pokemon like Mewtwo 'human-like' so some people might think we have more than we actually have thanks to confusing it with anthropomorphic traits.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  11. paipr_christian

You know what Id love to see.

Give us a 3 stage regional bird based on an owl, thats final type is Ice/Flying. A snow owl would be great me thinks for the regional bird.

12. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ The Moonlit Raven

I would like that as well, especially if the next reason has a wintery climate

13. paipr_christian

Exactly. Thats my big hope. A cold climate region with either a regional bird, or regional Bug thatd /Ice.

14. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Well-Known Member

Would a regional variant of Hoothoot and Noctowl suffice?

15. Kage-Pikachu

Kage-Pikachu Well-Known Member

A Normal/Ghost Pokemon, I had the idea of a tiny white bear-like Pokemon with one red eye and one blue eye with various purpole markings on its body. Right behind it sits two shadowy purple hands which act similar to Naruto Kyuubi cloak (only without touching the Pokemon). His ability can make him weak to Fighting moves but immune to entry hazards and status moves.

16. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

Personally I don't mind humanoid/anthropomorphic Pokemon. They have been part of the franchise since its very start. So a naga Pokemon would be fine with me. And personally I'd still find a fire snake starter that evolves into a fire/fighting naga hilarious.
    But even aside form that a naga has a lot of potential. I'd also like a proper Gorgon-based Pokemon or one of those Gorgon/Naga hybrids in popular, modern fantasy.

Only if they manage to make Noctowl's design a lot less bland and boring. We are talking a difference at least as different as Exeggutor and Alolan Exeggutor

17. paipr_christian

Not really. I mean... i want a 3 stage, hoot-hoot and noctowl are only 2.

Not to mention id like to not only see something with more of a Talonflame bst than Noctowls. Also most regional variants have very similar stat spreads, and Id like to see something a bit different on this hypothetical Pokemon.

18. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The best Mega Evolution

Yeah. If they make another Ice/Flying Pokémon I would like it to be much more different than previous ones Articuno and Delibird by giving it a higher base Sp Attack and Speed for a special sweeper set.

19. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Well-Known Member

What if they made it evolution line similar to the Talonflame line? Its base form could be Normal/Flying, then its second and third form would become Ice/Flying.

20. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The best Mega Evolution

Maybe because of that then that evolution line could be seen as a counterpart of the Talonflame line. It will be more interesting if Pokémon from that line have a rivalry with the Talonflame line for their whole lives and they fight intensely.