• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Yanmega was a pokemon introduced in Gen IV, but in the Johto HGSSdex is #102, not after Celebi .

The relative order being kept was referring to the initial regional dex of that generation's region. Remakes and sometimes third versions play much more loosely with that.

Meltan is the the first pokemon to be obtainable in a spinoff game, GO. It's not a cameo like bonsly in XD.

But it's also obtainable in a main series game, so it doesn't matter.

Still thinking the wikipedia classification as "new pokemon" outside gens is the best.

I won't disagree entirely with Meltan being classified as no generation. My main argument is that it's not Gen VIII, not necessarily that it is Gen VII.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Okay so Meltan's stats are:

HP: 46
Attack: 65
Defense: 65
Special Attack: 55
Special Defense: 35
Speed: 34
Total: 300

Ability: (Though not usuable until Gen 8) Magnet Pull

Thoughts: Pretty weak, and it is by far the weakest Mythical (Phione is glad), but not the weakest Legendary (Cosmog says hi). Even with eviolite, this thing isn't too good. Of course, his moves may make up for some of this, it still won't function very well. Magnet Pull is fun though!

Melmetal's stats:

HP: 135
Attack: 143
Defense: 143
Special Attack: 80
Special Defense: 65
Total: 600

Ability: Iron Fist

Thoughts: Melmetal is awesome! It reminds me of Buzzwole in terms of distribution. It has amazing attack, amazing physical bulk, though I wish they swapped special attack and special defense. But its incredible HP allows it to take at least one super effective special attack. This thing will be amazing in a Trick Room, especially with the flinch effect of Double Iron Bash (a 60BP two hit iron move with 100% accuracy). Overall, a solid pokemon.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Okay so Meltan's stats are:

HP: 46
Attack: 65
Defense: 65
Special Attack: 55
Special Defense: 35
Total: 300

Ability: (Though not usuable until Gen 8) Magnet Pull

Thoughts: Pretty weak, and it is by far the weakest Mythical (Phione is glad), but not the weakest Legendary (Cosmog says hi). Even with eviolite, this thing isn't too good. Of course, his moves may make up for some of this, it still won't function very well. Magnet Pull is fun though!

Melmetal's stats:

HP: 135
Attack: 143
Defense: 143
Special Attack: 80
Special Defense: 65
Total: 600

Ability: Iron Fist

Thoughts: Melmetal is awesome! It reminds me of Buzzwole in terms of distribution. It has amazing attack, amazing physical bulk, though I wish they swapped special attack and special defense. But its incredible HP allows it to take at least one super effective special attack. This thing will be amazing in a Trick Room, especially with the flinch effect of Double Iron Bash (a 60BP two hit iron move with 100% accuracy). Overall, a solid pokemon.

Melmetal seems decent. Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Self-Destruct, and Thunder Wave are all confirmed for it. It also gets a bunch of special moves but it probably wouldn't want them anyway, depending on how the stat system works. If it weren't for the paralysis nerf this gen paraflinching like Jirachi does could've been an option, but I'm not sure if it can get decent outspeeds even with paralysis. Of course it doesn't really matter because these games are not competitive and Mewtwo is way stronger due to its ability to mega evolve into a direction of choice. I've heard that Trick Room doesn't exist in these games (as in, nothing can learn it, it might still be accessible through Metronome), so it'll just have to suffer with its low speed and getting blasted away by Mega Mewtwo Y's Flamethrower. I'm not sure if it's better than other Trick Room attackers for future gens either. Something like Z-Curse Tyranitar can go to similar speeds as Melmetal and if you run it next to Oranguru it can flinch both opponents with two Rock Slides at the same time. And for Tyranitar you can breed for a low speed IV, which'll probably be way more annoying for Melmetal, I still don't know how IVs are determined when sending from GO to Let's Go. And Tyranitar has much better special bulk thanks to Sand Stream.

Overall, Melmetal reminds me a bit of Regirock, just a bit more offensive and steel type rather than defensive.

Acer11

Just found this little easter egg: If you have Meltan as a walking Pokemon while exploring the Power Plant, you'll occasionally find some unique dialogue of Meltan tasting the metal in various parts of the area.

Mexx

Bumping Topics
I wouldn't mind the new mega and Kanto types of Pokémon Allolan. I realize they said there were only Gen 1 Pokémon in the game, but they said there were Allolan structures as well, so maybe kanto structures could work. When we look at a new anime banner and see an eevee ahead, accept that something is going on, with the eevee making further progress or an imaginable development of uber.

Status
Not open for further replies.