• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Dungeon Game

Ryuartyi

PMD Enthusiast
That sounds like a pretty good idea Alilatias. Chunsoft may have to change around how the item and holding system works because of the plates, Gladicia Flower and the Platinum Orb. I'm sure they have some tricks up their sleeves and since PMD2 sold well, the story should be as dark and interesting in this iteration.

Tomorrow will mark the start of the one month waiting period for information. This wait is going to kill me, but it'll worth it.

kirby8933083

mai husbando
Hmmm... That's right... I never even thought of Arceus' Plates...
Oh boy, even more of those pokemon specific items to collect.

Well, PMD1 was good, PMD2 was great, lets hope that they will step it up yet again with PMD3! Maybe add in the missed details of PMD1, and fix some of the details in PMD2. *cough*limitedstoragespace*cough*
I'm seriously hoping that they will form a whole new intricate plot and reject the idea of bringing in old characters like Grovyle and Dusknoir. As loved as they were/are they had their time, and move on. No use playing off of old dry characters.
Now just knowing this about there even being a new game, I'm so excited details are not even needed!

hiou2

High-ohw-you-too
Well by my expectations, I believ the game will be released in japan around april-may 2009 as this is the pattern of all pokemon games;
starts:corocoro leaks info,
1 week later: official website says about it
3-4 months later: game comes out
I bet it will come out in the USA by about christmas '09 or Very Early 2010.
I expect australia to release it in time for christmas aswell, or if not, march-june 2010. Europe will definately get it around march-june 2010.

I think it has a chance of being a wii game, its well overdue for th enext wii pokemon title. or maybe one will be wii and the other will be DS, or maybe one will be DSi exclusive and the other will be for both, like with pkmn: MD: red and blue. or maybe it will just be a third title for time and darkness, but this would be a great letdown. I hope it is a new game with a new storyline, not just a diamond and pearl to platinum. If it is just a third version of time and darkness, it wil prolly just have the new rotom forms and giratina and shaymins. maybe arceus and a couple of gen 5 pokemon if they have been announced by then, like in the red and blue games. Well thats my 2 cents worth (more like 20 dollars)

sal-sudairy

If it was a Wii game, I would buy it. I think it should be for both Wii and DS, because it will give you the choice of either a different way of playing it or playing it the old way.

BCVM22

I think it should be for both Wii and DS, because it will give you the choice of either a different way of playing it or playing it the old way.

The chances that they're going to take a spinoff series like this, that's sold so well on handhelds, and somehow change it into a console title are slim to none (and slim is currently purchasing a bus ticket for the purposes of leaving town). The chances that they would release it as a console AND a handheld title are positively nonexistent.

Pokémon software for the Wii is not the answer to all the world's ills nor should it be treated as such and blurted out everytime someone mentions "new Pokémon title."

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
So it's true there will actually be a PMD3 game...I don't mind whether it's still on the DS or the Wii. Hopefully, this one's gonna be an awesome game and that it's a lot more enjoyable than how I enjoyed playing PMD1 and PMD2 :]

The chances that they're going to take a spinoff series like this, that's sold so well on handhelds, and somehow change it into a console title are slim to none (and slim is currently purchasing a bus ticket for the purposes of leaving town). The chances that they would release it as a console AND a handheld title are positively nonexistent.

Pokémon software for the Wii is not the answer to all the world's ills nor should it be treated as such and blurted out everytime someone mentions "new Pokémon title."

I strongly agree. I do not understand why people are even considering PMD3 will be released on the Wii. Turn based RPG with low graphical intensity and low use of motion sensor =/= suitable or profitable conversion to Wii platform.

Assusmably by the games release we will have no new pokemon, maybe some new forms and arcues will be officially released. I think it is certain that the game will revolve around arcues and something calamitous, as is usually the way with pokemon games these days. I do not think the plates will play a major role, but would definitely be included. ;123;

NINJA PENGUIN2

<-- YOU WILL BE MINE
I dont see the point of a PMD3 yet, as they will only add the rotom forms, giratina forms and shaymin and arceus, if they waited till the 5th generation woundn't that make it more worth while. Unless they add a WAY better storyline to PMD3 and id love to see team battles VS friends where both teams are controlled by humans (not like the silly teams which you download and become CPU players!)

uhhhhh

Too sweet
PMD3 huh... interesting. I wonder what awesome plot will they come up this time? I'm still seriously waiting for your own partner to betray you during the story. Yes, I can be quite mean. >=D

Let's just hope that they return the Friend Areas. Recruiting Pokemon isn't just as colorful without them. D=

And also, let this be on the DS. I don't have a Wii. ._."

There is no doubt that friend areas have been sorely missed in MD2. There is something somewhat indescribable, yet pleasing about being able to go and see all the pokemon you have recruited in a physical environment.

Hopefully MD3 will add the convenience of the MD2 friend system with the fun aspects of the MD1 friend areas. ;123;

pika3

Snowball attack, go!
If MD3 have the friend areas we r gonna have to buy them again and buy them all really sucked. I have hade my origional PMD game beaten for almost 2 years and I still don't have all the friend areas. So I would rather have PMD3 have a system more like the one from PMD2.

Lord Aipom

Yay! New PMD. Loved the second one!

And what about the starters? I was sad that it was only 4 new starters in PMD2. And they took away Cubone and Psyduck. ;_;

This is what I want to be the starters of PMD3. If you don't like them, don't care.

Kanto: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pikachu, Meowth, Eevee, Cubone, Machop, Psyduck and Growlithe.

Jotho: Chikorita, Cydnaquil, Totodile, Aipom (Of course my favorite Pokemon must be a starter! xD), Swinub and Wooper.

Hoenn: Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Skitty and Gulpin. (xD) (And maybe Ralts...)

Sinnoh: Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Munchlax, Stunky and Hippopotas. (I guess Riolu is a starter to, but I don't like him.)

PurpleMew

no promises
If you look at the previous dates, we're at the correct time frame for a new PMD game.

PMD Red and Blue:
JP: 2005
US: 2006

PMD Time and Darkness
JP: 2007
US: 2008

So with those dates, PMD3 should have this schedule if all goes as planned:
JP: 2009
US: 2010

It's a pretty great schedule if you ask me, and the Pokémon Company didn't have anything in the tank so a new PMD would logically be their next step. Ranger 3 is next.

Very nice timeline made there and too add, we always gets 2 games out in a year.

JP: Ranger 2 + Platinum
USA: PMD2 + Ranger 2
Europe: PMD2 + Ranger 2

So 2009
JP: PMD3 + Other game
USA: Platinum + PMD3 Possibly
Europe: Platinum + PMD3 Possibly.

The possibility of USA getting PMD3 next year is high because when Ranger was released in March this year, we got it in November so if PMD3 comes out in the first quater of 2009 then USA have a chance of getting it at the end of the year.

Random guessings but it might just happen.

Fire Type King

Leave luck to Heaven
Torn between two frames of mind...

I'm confused whether I'm excited or not because:
. A new pmd game would B like amazing
. It will only be kl if there r new pokemon - 5th generation pokemon - cos there's no fun in recruiting the same ones over and over without new ones....
.A new generation on pkmn isn't gonna happen (if it does) for YEARS! Bcos they only just released pkmn platinum which STILL isn't out yet! So for a new fith gen. it'll be ages until release - even in Japan!
.Without a fith gen. there wont be too much fun in the game.
I question the reality in this rumour... :S

Ryuartyi

PMD Enthusiast
Very nice timeline made there and too add, we always gets 2 games out in a year.

JP: Ranger 2 + Platinum
USA: PMD2 + Ranger 2
Europe: PMD2 + Ranger 2

So 2009
JP: PMD3 + Other game
USA: Platinum + PMD3 Possibly
Europe: Platinum + PMD3 Possibly.

The possibility of USA getting PMD3 next year is high because when Ranger was released in March this year, we got it in November so if PMD3 comes out in the first quater of 2009 then USA have a chance of getting it at the end of the year.

Random guessings but it might just happen.
That's true. I just checked the archieved Serebii news and found that the first info for PMD2 was released on May 13, 2007. The US got PMD2 on April 20, 2008 so there seems to be an eleven month gap between first info and statewide release.

We're getting the first information on January 15th, so we may see a US release near Christmas of 2009 or sooner. My first guess was the US would get PMD3 in Q2 of 2010, but I guess that was wrong. Great news nonetheless.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Ohh I cant wait!!! I smell a import coming on............ I really hope that it will hint at the fifth gen!

Golde

Always Searching~
*Sigh* I'm hoping it has something really new...not just Shaymin or something. It'll really piss me off.

Maybe it's a preview for gen 5.

BCVM22

The game isn't going to reveal anything that hasn't been unveiled via much more visible media with lots of fanfare elsewhere, meaning that unless a 5th generation critter has already appeared in animated media or has been made public via Nintendo's publicity outlets or Coro Coro or something, it's not going to pop up in PMD3.