• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon & Hisuian Variants - Discussion Thread [Use SPOILER Tags]

MrJechgo

You forgot Virizion for Grass/Fighting, Mega Gyarados (if you want to include Megas) for Water/Dark, and Alola Marowak for Fire/Ghost. I mainly said Fire/Psychic for Typhlosion because the pink swirly flames give it more of a Psychic-type look and feel rather than Ghost, But I can see why they didn't go with that, Fighting, Psychic and Dark as secondary typings would've been too similar to the Kalos starters.
I stand corrected :)

Psychic and Ghost do have similarities when it comes to design.

I would have liked Fire/Ground for Typhlosion, to emphasize the "volcanic" part, and it would have rounded the Ground Starter trio with Torterra and Swampert. When it comes to other typings, Water/Steel would have worked as well for H-Samurott, and only Empoleon has that typing. We could have gotten Grass/Psychic for H-Decidueye, now being a "relative" of Hoothoot and Noctowl, and having a more Japanese mystic look. Only K-Exeggutor, Celebi and Calyrex have this typing.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
So based on what we’ve seen so far it doesn’t look like the Eviolite issue is going to be a problem.
The two Pokémon that get regular evolutions, Stantler and Ursaring, haven’t been coded into Sword and Shield (yet).
Meanwhile, the ones that are in Sword and Shield, Basculin, Qwilfish, etc. do have variants so their originals will probably be like Corsola in that regard.
Based on all this I have a feeling we’ll be getting another batch of mons into Sword/Shield to welcome the new guys, and Stantler and Ursaring will have access to Eviolite.

NeedsAName

Kalos was a bit too recent to get regional forms in 2016 and 2019, but 2022 will mean it's been 9 years since Kalos and Galar was okay with regional variants of Pokémon introduced in Unova 9 years ago. I would love Hisuian forms for Pyroar, Furfrou, Gogoat, and Avalugg, but feel they'd probably only do two lines. Maybe Clawitzer and Gogoat due to mono-typings and little notability?

Water could go to one of the land-dwelling aquatic mons like Hippopotas or Garchomp deciding to return to the sea, Flying to something like a lighter Dodrio or origami Porygon, Normal to maybe a Poison-, Dark-, or Steel-type mammal Pokémon like Sneasel or the Nidorans mellowing out and becoming more natural, Grass to a modern Steel-type's primitive ancestors like a wooden Voltorb or Forretress, and Bug to an already insectoid 'mon like Drapion or Lurantis.

EDIT: Forgot Dodrio is already flying. It could also probably be given to a regional variant of some Levitate mon like Flygon

EDIT #2: And we now have a Normal-type regional variant in Hisuian Zorua and Zoroark, which are Dark-types normally. Hooray!
I somehow got Voltorb and Avalugg right. Nice.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
What if Hisuian Sneasel were Hunted by Hisuian Braviary and in order to Survive they needed to change their typing to Dark/Ice, change their activeness hours to Night. Later they started eating Rufflet eggs which resulted in Braviary dissapearing from Hisui/Sinnoh?