• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon & Hisuian Variants - Discussion Thread [Use SPOILER Tags]

Ultra Beast Lover

I think they should give something to the more forgotten Pokemon like Grumpig and Dunsparce, I wouldn't mind Kalos and Alola love but they're still fairly fresh in people's brains. Kanto doesn't need more love but I wouldn't mind a Dragonite regional variant... also I forgot that Growlithe and Arcanine were Gen 1 and not Gen 2 XD.

FloatzieDPPT

playing Version X
In my opinion the moment they created Leafeon and Glaceon they set themselves up for creating a complete set of Eeveelution eventually and to me it won't feel complete until there's one of every type.
I agree not all Eeveelutions look that interesting but others do and I'd be really curious to see Eeveelutions of types like Flying, Dragon, Fighting and Bug
I heard that all Eeveelutions were special type, i do not know if they have used all special types but if so maybe they only planned that and that no physical types would get an Eeevelution.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I heard that all Eeveelutions were special type, i do not know if they have used all special types but if so maybe they only planned that and that no physical types would get an Eeevelution.
Before Gen 4, these types are considered special:
Water, Fire, Electric, Psychic, Dark, Ice, Grass, and Dragon

If the "trend" is followed, then it's most likely getting Dragon type next.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Kind of don't want a new Eeveelution because I feel like 8 is a good number.

On top of that, Sylveon was made to promote the Fairy type, which otherwise, they didn't have one since Generation 4.

FloatzieDPPT

playing Version X
Before Gen 4, these types are considered special:
Water, Fire, Electric, Psychic, Dark, Ice, Grass, and Dragon

If the "trend" is followed, then it's most likely getting Dragon type next.
Suprised they didn't pair Sylveon with a dragon type Eeveelution.

Rune Knight

I find it interesting that Gen IV happened to be the generation that catered further evolutions for already pre-existing pokémon.

Perhaps the reason as to why pokémon like Stantler and Basculin lost their evolutions in modern-day was because certain conditions established by living in Ancient Sinnoh / Hisui are no longer present, and enough time has passed to no longer require them. Perhaps in time, Gen IV evolutions like Weavile and Ambipom will also cease to exist.

So, point is, I believe that Hisui, being the wild and harsh area that it was was what pushed these pokémon to evolve. But since the world is more friendly and adept to living alongside pokémon now, they no longer need them.

Since Gen IV held a sort of spiritual connection to Gen II, I think that we can expect a few more Gen II evolutions, particularly geared towards one-staged pokémon that not only lack them, but were also obtainable in the original Sinnoh Games.

Aside from Stantler, they include Girafarig, Dunsparce, Qwilfish, Shuckle, Heracross, Delibird, Skarmory, and Smeargle.

I don't expect all of them to get an evolution, but one or two would be nice.

Rune Knight

just thought about this, does this mean Arcanine is going to get a rock/fire form?

For sure. It would be so weird if Hisuian Growlithe just evolved into Kantonian Arcanine.

I expect it to be more ferocious and aggressive based on what was said about Hisuian Growlithe's behavior.

ShadowForce720

just thought about this, does this mean Arcanine is going to get a rock/fire form?
For sure. It would be so weird if Hisuian Growlithe just evolved into Kantonian Arcanine.

I expect it to be more ferocious and aggressive based on what was said about Hisuian Growlithe's behavior.
Not necessarily, while is possible that Hisuian Growlithe could evolve into a Hisuian Arcanine it’s also possible that it winds up evolving into something else instead.

As don’t forget despite there being a Galarian Meowth and Galarian Yamask, there is such a thing as a Galarian Persian, and Galarian Cofagrigus and instead the former two Pokémon wind up evolving into Perserrker and Runerigus respectively.

Rune Knight

Not necessarily, while is possible that Hisuian Growlithe could evolve into a Hisuian Arcanine it’s also possible that it winds up evolving into something else instead.

As don’t forget despite there being a Galarian Meowth and Galarian Yamask, there is such a thing as a Galarian Persian, and Galarian Cofagrigus and instead the former two Pokémon wind up evolving into Perserrker and Runerigus respectively.

That's true, but Arcanine is just such a popular pokémon that I honestly can't see them not using this opportunity to market it. Not that I am biased towards Arcanine in any way.

Orphalesion

As a live-long Ninetales fan I can't help but feel a little gleeful that the regional variant of Ninetales got the cooler new typing. I mean I still like Husuian Growlithe, it has a very cool design, but come on... Fire/Rock?
(now watch Hisuian Arcanine turn out to be Fire/Dragon or something, so that I can eat my words)

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
My main interest with the Hisuian Forms (and Hisuian Evolutions), is the lore behind them.
I mean, Legends Arceus is set in the past (like a few hundred years before the timeline of the DPPt Games), so they would have to explain in some way why the Hisuian Forms & Evolutions aren't present anymore in the present Era Sinnoh (aka., DPPt timeline), along with the possible explanation/hint on whether if they had migrated to a different region now (as the climate of Hisui might have changed by the time it became Sinnoh, so it doesn't support those Forms & Evolutions anymore, so they migrated to a new region).

Red and Blue

As a live-long Ninetales fan I can't help but feel a little gleeful that the regional variant of Ninetales got the cooler new typing. I mean I still like Husuian Growlithe, it has a very cool design, but come on... Fire/Rock?
(now watch Hisuian Arcanine turn out to be Fire/Dragon or something, so that I can eat my words)
The Rock typing is surprising as well. When I thought of regional variants for Growlithe and Arcanine my mind always went to Dragon or Electric for the new types, ha

Still Hisuian Growlithe is my favorite of the new regional variants and earned a spot on my team

Rune Knight

The Ninetails comment brought up something in my mind.

Since S/M offered us regional variants of the Sandshrew, Vulpix, and Meowth lines which were originally exclusive to Pokémon Blue, maybe this time around we could get regional variants of their version counterparts instead, being Ekans, Growlithe (conifrmed), and Mankey.

MrJechgo

Hisuian Arcanine Fire/Rock is what I hope ;)

Aside from that, it's hard to guess ^^;
  • Phanpy / Donphan as Ice/Ground, now as whooly mammoths
  • Hoothoot / Noctowl as Ice/Psychic, now as snowy owls
  • Dunsparce as Normal/Poison
  • Swablu / Altaria as Electric/Dark, now as thunderclouds
  • Doduo / Dodrio as Electric/Ground, now as roadrunners

FloatzieDPPT

playing Version X
Fire/rock is a cool typing tbh, maybe Hisuian Arcanine looks more like Komaniu?

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Well, as long as "Hisuian Growlithe" & "Hisuian Arcanine" (or a new alternate evolution) has something similar to "Solid Rock" or "Filter", the weakness because of Fire/Rock typing shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited: