• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon & Hisuian Variants - Discussion Thread [Use SPOILER Tags]

TRNRLogan

I'm hoping we finally get a Jynx evolution. I've always kinda liked it.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Think I'm going to nickname my Kleavor as Rochambeau/bo after the rock, paper, scissors.

a fitting name for the secondary rock, flying and steel typings for the Scyther line.

Rune Knight

What do you guys think that the evolution methods for Hisuian Pokémon could entail?

I liked the specific evolution methods that were implemented for certain Pokémon in Galar, and could see Legends following a similar route.

Personally, here is how I envision it:

In order to evolve Stantler into Wyrdeer you would need to ride it for a certain number of steps and level it up after a certain level.

For Hisuian Braviary, you would need to level up Rufflet at a certain altitude range. Not too high but not too low. Since Hisiuan Braviary aren't as fly-heavty as their Unovan counterpart, instead relying more on their psychic prowess than their physical abilities.

For Hisuian Arcanine, maybe it would need to level-up bellow a certain health number or a specific range. Or maybe it would need to be enraged in some way.

For Basculegion, you would need to level it up while carrying a full party of fainted Basculins. Once it evolves, all of Basculins disappear from the party.

For Kleavor, you would need to trade it while it holds one of the specific minerals found in the Hisui region.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

What do you guys think that the evolution methods for Hisuian Pokémon could entail?

I liked the specific evolution methods that were implemented for certain Pokémon in Galar, and could see Legends following a similar route.

Personally, here is how I envision it:

In order to evolve Stantler into Wyrdeer you would need to ride it for a certain number of steps and level it up after a certain level.

For Hisuian Braviary, you would need to level up Rufflet at a certain altitude range. Not too high but not too low. Since Hisiuan Braviary aren't as fly-heavty as their Unovan counterpart, instead relying more on their psychic prowess than their physical abilities.

For Huisian Arcanine, maybe it would need to level-up bellow a certain health number or a specific range. Or maybe it would need to be enraged in some way.

For Basculegion, you would need to level it up while carrying a full party of fainted Basculins. Once it evolves, all of Basculins disappear from the party.

For Kleavor, you would need to trade it while it holds one of the specific minerals found in the Hisui region.
If this was a older series main series Pokémon game then I could see this be how Scyther evolves into Kleavor.

However given that in most recent games Gamefreak has been moving away from the idea of trade evolutions it seems pretty unlikely that they would suddenly add a new trade evolution by having Scyther evolve into Kleavor via trade.

I mean heck if you look at the gen 7 games the only new trade evolution that was introduced in those games was Alolan Graveler evolving into Alolan Golem via trade and that was a regional variant instead of an entirely new Pokémon line.

Furthermore in gen 8 they haven’t introduce a single new trade evolution yet and instead wound up making it possible to catch to obtain every trade evolution Pokémon without having to trade unless you specifically went to obtain the Pokémon by evolving it from it’s prevolutions.

Also they made Galarian Slowking evolve from Galarian Slowpoke just using a specific item on it instead of having it evolves via trade while holding a item unlike it’s standard counterpart.

Not to mention that they have shown that they have problem retconning specific evolution methods, so I think at this point at least for the time being trade evolution is pretty much a dead concept outside of the old existing Pokémon that use it to evolve.

Although to be honest even if it doesn’t happen during this generation I wouldn’t be surprised if as soon as next generation they start retconning and changing the evolution methods of Pokémon that evolve via trade to allow to evolve without needing to be traded.

Kingudora

My favourite
The "lady pokémon" is probably a mistranslation. Noble Pokémon are called King/Queen Pokémon in Japanese, Arezu's text in the original just says she oversees a "Queen". I suppose at the time of translating it they simply made a mistake and translated Queen as "lady" instead of "Noble".

As for overlapping types, Braviary is most likely a Noble pokémon as well. If so, then it will overlap with Wyrdeer's Psychic.
Yeah, the Italian translation also refers to it as a "queen pokémon" (pokémon regina)
47194eb0b0c1d3f1c169b491637bc7fa3cf182ff.pnj

Though it still makes me believe that the Noble pokémon will be a feminine pokémon, something along the lines of Tsareena or Hatterene.

LuWisXD

All the wardens have bracalets that have some of the color scheme of the Pokemon they are protecting. So Arezu is protecting a Pokemon that is light green or has parts that are light green. It also has to be feminine. My guesses would be either a grass or bug type Pokemon.
This is without counting another Pokemon that may turn grass or bug type with a Hisuian form.
Grass
Weepinbell alt.evo
Sunflora evo
Nuzleaf female alt.evo
Petilil alt.evo
Maractus evo.
Steenee alt.evo
Gossifleur alt.evo
Bug
Ledian evo.
Illumise evo.

I hope its either Sunflora, Nuzleaf, ,Maractus or one of the bugs because I would prefer Pokemon that don't have evolutions to get one or an alt evo. that will be different from its regular evo.

This Pokemon could also be any type that is mostly green, which could be;
Vibrava alt.evo
Kecleon evo.
Dusion alt.evo
Fraxure alt.evo

Or an old Pokemon that changes color upon evolution like Scyther to Kleavor, so anyones guess.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Seeing as Basculegion seems to be this game's answer to Surf, Hisui Braviary replaces Fly, and Wyrdeer seems to be filling a similar role to the Bike in past games (like Ride Tauros in Alola), I can imagine a theme where every new regional variant or regional evolution in Hisui is some kind of stand-in for a HM or other old mechanics. Those leaks from a while ago that show what looks like a monkey Pokemon scaling a hill could be this game's version of Rock Climb, and then we could also have a Rock Smash one, a Strength one (Hisui Arcanine?), and perhaps even a Dowsing Machine one. I won't say for certain this is what they'll do, but it looks like that could be the theme they're going with.
That's kind of making me wonder if we'll actually be able to catch these pokemon or just use them for these riding/HM features. We've seen the player catching a Hissuian Growlithe, but I haven't seen anything of Wyrdeer, Basculegion, or Braviary appearing in the wild (I'm not counting Kleavor since it was just introduced yesterday).

Last edited:

NeedsAName

The "lady pokémon" is probably a mistranslation. Noble Pokémon are called King/Queen Pokémon in Japanese, Arezu's text in the original just says she oversees a "Queen". I suppose at the time of translating it they simply made a mistake and translated Queen as "lady" instead of "Noble".

As for overlapping types, Braviary is most likely a Noble pokémon as well. If so, then it will overlap with Wyrdeer's Psychic.
I personally doubt H-Braviary and H-Arcanine will be Noble Pokémon and think it's only going to go to new evolutions.
All the wardens have bracalets that have some of the color scheme of the Pokemon they are protecting. So Arezu is protecting a Pokemon that is light green or has parts that are light green. It also has to be feminine. My guesses would be either a grass or bug type Pokemon.
This is without counting another Pokemon that may turn grass or bug type with a Hisuian form.
Grass
Weepinbell alt.evo
Sunflora evo
Nuzleaf female alt.evo
Petilil alt.evo
Maractus evo.
Steenee alt.evo
Gossifleur alt.evo
Bug
Ledian evo.
Illumise evo.

I hope its either Sunflora, Nuzleaf, ,Maractus or one of the bugs because I would prefer Pokemon that don't have evolutions to get one or an alt evo. that will be different from its regular evo.

This Pokemon could also be any type that is mostly green, which could be;
Vibrava alt.evo
Kecleon evo.
Dusion alt.evo
Fraxure alt.evo

Or an old Pokemon that changes color upon evolution like Scyther to Kleavor, so anyones guess.
Weirdly enough, all regional forms and new evolutions we've seen are part of a 2-stage line, Kleavor being an alternative to Scizor and Wyrdeer and Basculegion being new evolutions for what were previously single-stagers. If this holds true, then your list would be shortened to Sunflora, Petilil, Maractus, Gossifleur, Illumise, and Kecleon, but I do think Steenee still has good chances given the whole queen thing. Personally, I would prefer a whole new evo and Sunflora really deserves it after all this time, but I'm not opposed to Maractus getting it.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
That's kind of making me wonder if we'll actually be able to catch these pokemon or just use them fore these riding/HM features. We've seen the player catching a Hissuian Growlithe, but I haven't seen anything of Wyrdeer, Basculegion, or Braviary appearing in the wild (I'm not counting Kleavor since it was just introduced yesterday).
Introducing a whole line-up of new Pokemon only for them to be uncatchable would easily pass Dexit as Game Freak's biggest "Bruh" moment. You definitely will be able to catch them, or at the very least catch their pre-evolutions and then evolve them.

Luthor

That's kind of making me wonder if we'll actually be able to catch these pokemon or just use them for these riding/HM features. We've seen the player catching a Hissuian Growlithe, but I haven't seen anything of Wyrdeer, Basculegion, or Braviary appearing in the wild (I'm not counting Kleavor since it was just introduced yesterday).

My Guess is that we will be able to catch these Pokemon species but it will not be the same one that we use as a ride Pokemon (as those ones are under the protection of the wardens)

Monday

I wouldn't call that a mistranslation or a mistake. It's actually fairly strong, even. Calling it a Queen gives two pieces of information: that it's a Noble Pokemon, and that it's specifically a female Pokemon. The English localization uses the gender-neutral Noble instead of King and Queen, so it can't convey both pieces in one word. It being Noble is already implicit in it being cared for by a Warden, whose purpose is to look after Nobles, so the higher priority piece of information is that it's female - and that's (probably) how they reached the phrasing they did.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
I wouldn't call that a mistranslation or a mistake. It's actually fairly strong, even. Calling it a Queen gives two pieces of information: that it's a Noble Pokemon, and that it's specifically a female Pokemon. The English localization uses the gender-neutral Noble instead of King and Queen, so it can't convey both pieces in one word. It being Noble is already implicit in it being cared for by a Warden, whose purpose is to look after Nobles, so the higher priority piece of information is that it's female - and that's (probably) how they reached the phrasing they did.
Being female doesn't mean being a feminine pokémon, though. Almost any pokémon can be male or female, it just means the Noble pokémon she looks after is female. Kleavor is referred to as King because it is a male Kleavor, but if it was a female if would be called a Queen and it would still be the same pokémon species.

That's the point I was trying to make about the "lady pokémon", since most people are reading it as a pokémon of a feminine-like species rather than a pokémon that is female and that's it.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’d like to see Unown get either a new form or evolution so that it can at least useful for something other than completing the Dex. We know that other forms of Unown based on other alphabets exist such as Omega and the Cyrillic forms seen in the third movie. Unown has such an interesting concept and it’s a real shame how pathetic it is in a playthrough after the first two Gyms in GBC and HGSS.

Monday

Being female doesn't mean being a feminine pokémon, though. Almost any pokémon can be male or female, it just means the Noble pokémon she looks after is female. Kleavor is referred to as King because it is a male Kleavor, but if it was a female if would be called a Queen and it would still be the same pokémon species.

That's the point I was trying to make about the "lady pokémon", since most people are reading it as a pokémon of a feminine-like species rather than a pokémon that is female and that's it.
That has nothing to do with the translation, though. "Lady pokemon" and "Queen" both refer to an individual Pokemon which is female and make no reference to the species. People would have interpeted it the way they are no matter what, simply from the fact that Game Freak went and pointed out its gender, because it's nearly the only point of data they have available to use to make inferences.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
I know this is an unrealistic desire, but I'd love a new Poochyena and Mightyena form, they need some love. Maybe like a Rock/Fighting or Dark/Rock.

NeedsAName

I know this is an unrealistic desire, but I'd love a new Poochyena and Mightyena form, they need some love. Maybe like a Rock/Fighting or Dark/Rock.
Saw this idea on Youtube based on African Hyenas where they're Ground/Dark and Mightyena gets a gnoll-based regional evolution called Barbaryena

Nave

Mightyena definitely should get an evolution. Spotted hyenas are no joke, and Mightyena makes hyenas look pathetic. Mighty my ass.

Last edited: