• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon & Hisuian Variants - Discussion Thread [Use SPOILER Tags]

Luthor

One interesting thing is that so far the forms/evolutions are all non-Sinnoh dex Pokemon (including the platinum Dex). I think this trait will definitely continue with the Hisui forms (given they seem to be extinct in the future). With the evolutions I'm not so sure but its possible.

FloatzieDPPT

playing Version X
One interesting thing is that so far the forms/evolutions are all non-Sinnoh dex Pokemon (including the platinum Dex). I think this trait will definitely continue with the Hisui forms (given they seem to be extinct in the future). With the evolutions I'm not so sure but its possible.
I bet pocket monsters like bronzong and such will get forms or evolutions, even pokemon like spiritomb

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Maybe Hisui Shellos looks different?

I keep expecting New shellos forms/designs every time we see Regional forms.

Their pokedex entrys say "habitat shapes its physique" but its always the same pink/blue

Ultra Beast Lover

Maybe Hisui Shellos looks different?

I keep expecting New shellos forms/designs every time we see Regional forms.

Their pokedex entrys say "habitat shapes its physique" but its always the same pink/blue
Well we see the eastern Shellos and Gastrodon in the trailer but it's possible that there is a third kind that just dies off later on

Ultra Beast Lover

I could see the legendary beasts having a Hisuian form, maybe it's their original form. It'd also be fitting considering that their counterparts got Galar forms and some of the people of Johto came to Sinnoh. Essentially any legend or mythical with multiple members of their species could have a Hisuian form. Almost nothing is off the table at this point.

ShadowForce720

I could see the legendary beasts having a Hisuian form, maybe it's their original form. It'd also be fitting considering that their counterparts got Galar forms and some of the people of Johto came to Sinnoh. Essentially any legend or mythical with multiple members of their species could have a Hisuian form. Almost nothing is off the table at this point.
Just pointing this out but do you think when it comes to the Regis they would be more likely to introduce some more new Regis rather then giving the existing Regis regional variants?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
As people now know, we have two Hisuian forms with Growlithe and Braviary.
We also got new evolutions of Stantler and Basculin (Wyrdeer and Basculegion respectively).

Personally, I want to know what other games they are compatible with.
If they are compatible with BDSP, then that would make sense because the Hisui (old Sinnoh) will be linked to present-day Sinnoh.
If they are compatible with Sword/Shield (via update), that would also make sense because then they can enter the competitive scene.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
A friend from another board brought up a good one:

Dratini line. Have Hisuan Dragonite be a blue eastern dragon, pretty please.

Orphalesion

A friend from another board brought up a good one:

Dratini line. Have Hisuan Dragonite be a blue eastern dragon, pretty please.
That's a very common request ever since regional forms became a thing, personally I'd rather see a regional form of Dratini and Dragonair with a completely new regional evolution that is a Blue Eastern/Serpentine dragon, instead of Dragonite. Maybe one with were it grows feathered wings like so many fan designs have.

Could make them Dragon/Water or Dragon/Fairy

FloatzieDPPT

playing Version X
I am so done with Eeveelutions tbh.
I don't get the hype, the only ones i would have on my team is Sylveon and Vaporeon, the rest are either bad (for the main game) or just designs i do not like.
An extinct Eeveelution would be cool, i assume that would be a rock or ground type tbh

Orphalesion

I am so done with Eeveelutions tbh.
I don't get the hype, the only ones i would have on my team is Sylveon and Vaporeon, the rest are either bad (for the main game) or just designs i do not like.
In my opinion the moment they created Leafeon and Glaceon they set themselves up for creating a complete set of Eeveelution eventually and to me it won't feel complete until there's one of every type.
I agree not all Eeveelutions look that interesting but others do and I'd be really curious to see Eeveelutions of types like Flying, Dragon, Fighting and Bug

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
New Hisuian variants for old Pokémon

Hisuian Volbeat/Illumise: Fire/Fairy
Hisuian Houndoom: Ice/Fire
Hisuian Spinarak: Bug/Ghost
Hisuian Ariados: Bug/Ghost
Hisuian Donphan: Ground/Fighting
Hisuian Yanmega: Bug/Dragon
Hisuian Flygon: Bug/Dragon
Hisuian Sunkern/Sunflora: Grass/Fire
Hisuian Zebstrika: Ground/Electric
Hisuian Magcargo: Ice/Fire

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I would love a woodblock artist Smeargle that's a dark type with a heavy emphasis on using ink instead of paint.

Would still have the sketch gimmick but maybe an ability where it always copies opponent's stat buffs/debuffs as if its in midst of drawing them.