• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon & Hisuian Variants - Discussion Thread [Use SPOILER Tags]

FloatzieDPPT

playing Version X
I honestly think Pangoro will get a brown panda variant, what do you think?

johno1995

Did anyone see Dustox in the preview? I know Wurmple and Beautifly were spotted.

Still holding out for a Dustox regional form, reflecting Klara's headband from the SWSH DLC... Could've been a hint at Legends: Arceus content.

I'd also like to see Furret get either a form or evolution, same with Whiscash, Seviper, Zangoose, and Maractus.

FloatzieDPPT

playing Version X
Did anyone see Dustox in the preview? I know Wurmple and Beautifly were spotted.

Still holding out for a Dustox regional form, reflecting Klara's headband from the SWSH DLC... Could've been a hint at Legends: Arceus content.

I'd also like to see Furret get either a form or evolution, same with Whiscash, Seviper, Zangoose, and Maractus.
Yea i saw them in the presents too

Sponge

It's not like it has to happen just because of Braviary, but I'd like to see a regional variant for Vullaby/Mandibuzz as well.

I'd also like to see gen 6 getting some regional variant/evolution love.

and of course any Pokemon like Stantler or Basculin that haven't been getting attention, like Dunsparce or Luvdisc.

OwensJB

They seem to be trying to give Pokemon yokai like appearances to fit the traditional Japanese theme they've got going on in this game so I'm guessing that we might get more Pokemon that are like that. Would love to see Whiscash get a new form lol.

XXD17

Draco rex
All the revealed new 'mons have been cultural or regional. Growlithe is more similar to a stone lion (komainu) and Braviary is based on a steller's sea eagle rather than a bald eagle, which is found in Hokkaido. Even wyrdeer (a sika deer in winter coat) and Basculegion (Arctic char) have regional connections. I can definitely see the snoring line getting something to be more oni like for glalie or the pawniard line getting something where it's valiant fighting/ steel samurai rather than a dark one.

TwilightBlade

I hope more Sinnoh Pokemon get new forms. I'm not 100% why Growlithe and Braviary got the honor in the latest Pokemon Presents but you'd think that GF would've designed regional variants for more Sinnoh Pokemon to further tie into Gen 4 nostalgia. I'm hoping that Floatzel and Froslass get new variants. :]

Orphalesion

So are Wydeer and Basculegion regional évolutions of Stantler and Basculin(or however that boring fish from Unova was called)? Could that mean Stantler and Basculin could get forms?

Also neat! Sinnoh an forms! Like Growlithe's design, but Fire/Rock sounds like a terrible typing. I know it's probably based on those lion dog statues, but still...
So I guess Arcanine will also get a form.

I'd really like to see Hisuian forms of Sinistea and Polteageist that are traditional Japanese tea cups/pots with Green tea. Maybe Ghost/Grass?
I like that the new forms so far look very Japanese mythology/art inspired.

ShadowForce720

So are Wydeer and Basculegion regional évolutions of Stantler and Basculin(or however that boring fish from Unova was called)? Could that mean Stantler and Basculin could get forms?

Also neat! Sinnoh an forms! Like Growlithe's design, but Fire/Rock sounds like a terrible typing. I know it's probably based on those lion dog statues, but still...
So I guess Arcanine will also get a form.

I'd really like to see Hisuian forms of Sinistea and Polteageist that are traditional Japanese tea cups/pots with Green tea. Maybe Ghost/Grass?
I like that the new forms so far look very Japanese mythology/art inspired.
No, from the way it looks they both just evolve from a standard Stantler and Basculin respectively.

While I might have bought the idea of Wydeer evolving from a Hisuian Stantler, Basculegion looks and shares to much of a design with Basculin to have evolved from a Hisuian Basculin.

I mean heck if you look at the previous regional evolutions that evolved from a regional variant you will notice that there designs are pretty different from what their preevolutions standard forms look like.

Luthor

Given that they finally gave a member of the Stantler line Psychic typing I would like to see the Psyduck line get the same treatment. I'd prefer an evolution to Golduck but a regional variant would be ok too.

I'd like to see regional variants of Misdreavus line and Gastly line that retain their ghost typing but get new secondary typing (replacing the poison type for the gastly line and adding a secondary type for Misdreavus line) as I don't think there's enough early region ghost types.

nickdt

All the revealed new 'mons have been cultural or regional. Growlithe is more similar to a stone lion (komainu) and Braviary is based on a steller's sea eagle rather than a bald eagle, which is found in Hokkaido. Even wyrdeer (a sika deer in winter coat) and Basculegion (Arctic char) have regional connections. I can definitely see the snoring line getting something to be more oni like for glalie or the pawniard line getting something where it's valiant fighting/ steel samurai rather than a dark one.

Hate to be that guy, but regular Snorunt is on the map and Regular Glalie and Froslass are in the trailers.

Totodi1e

The silent boy of mystery!
I would love to see some Alola Pokémon getting new evolutions or variants in these games:

- Crabrawler's new evolution that don't get to climb Mt. Coronet because it's too high.
- Lesser exuberant Fomantis and Lurantis, due to lack of intense sunlight. Maybe getting energy from other sources.
- Mudbray's fluffy and smaller new evolution addapted to snowy areas.

I also need Hisuian Meowth.

FloatzieDPPT

playing Version X
I would love to see some Alola Pokémon getting new evolutions or variants in these games:

- Crabrawler's new evolution that don't get to climb Mt. Coronet because it's too high.
- Lesser exuberant Fomantis and Lurantis, due to lack of intense sunlight. Maybe getting energy from other sources.
- Mudbray's fluffy and smaller new evolution addapted to snowy areas.

I also need Hisuian Meowth
they love Meowth so i wouldn't be suprised

Aetius

I wouldn't mind seeing more Forms popping out in the game.
If there will really be some, then I hope that they will be given to Pokèmon who desperately need an evolution
Either way, I'll never get tired of saying that Regional Forms have been a great idea on GF part!

Last edited:

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
If not Meowth thats cool as it seems to be a generational thing.

Though I'd find it funny if Perrserker showed up by that northern coast with the wrecked ships, tha'd be cool.

As for forms I want, honestly can't tell you cause I have no gauge as to who or what would be in it. Braviary and Basculin were left field so I'll just keep waiting to be pleasantly surprised again.