• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon & Hisuian Variants - Discussion Thread [Use SPOILER Tags]

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
My idea is to make certain patterns only appear in appropriate parts of a region such as Polar and Tundra being found exclusively in snowy fields, Ocean in large aquatic areas that have sandy beaches, and Sandstorm in deserts. It’s sort of like the Shellos line in Sinnoh but with more locations.
The Lental region has every Vivillon wing pattern available right near each other, so there is precedent for this.

What I had in mind, though, is a save bonus of sorts: if you have a New Pokémon Snap game save with at least one picture taken of every Vivillon wing pattern, an upcoming game would allow you to pick any one Vivillon wing pattern you'd like or set your game to a particular Vivillon wing pattern (under the condition that you can't change it later).

That being said, extreme regional exclusives don't seem to be going away any time soon, considering Pokémon GO has just pulled another one, with Furfrou's Pharaoh Trim being available only in Egypt.

Julia Artemis

There are a few moth species in Hokkido such as the Hokkiaido Gypsy Moth and the Hokkaido Hawk Moth so its definitely plausible. The Hokkiaido Gypsy Moth is said to be able to cause widespread damage to trees and and can be an invasive species so Bug/Dark could work well.
I think there is very much a possibility that we get a third Wurmple form. It is interesting that we saw a new look for Wurmple in Legends Arceus and Bug Dark Gypsy Moth would make sense, and would be a perfect explanation why it's extinct in Sinnoh because it's so devastating to the ecosystem like a swarm of locusts. Plus Dustox and Beautifly are pretty worthless, less Dustox but still pretty bad

LuWisXD

Here are the Pokemon I hope get evolutions. if at least 5 from this list get an evolution then that is a win for me.

Fearow
Arbok
Parasect
Golduck
Hypno
Seaking
Jynx
Furret
Ledian
Ariados
Sudowoodo
Sunflora
Dunsparce
Qwilfish
Delibird
Mightyena
Delcatty
Volbeat/Illumise
Swalot
Lunatone/Solrock
Whiscash
Kecleon
Carnivine
Liepard
Swoobat
Maractus
Druddigon
Meowstic

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Gamefreak has been breaking rules, but if it ain't a regional raichu or in-battle form, you won't see Gorochu as its own evolution pass Raichu.

Hell thats why Gorochu was cut in the first place, the stats pass Raichu were a balancing issue.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I think there is very much a possibility that we get a third Wurmple form. It is interesting that we saw a new look for Wurmple in Legends Arceus and Bug Dark Gypsy Moth would make sense, and would be a perfect explanation why it's extinct in Sinnoh because it's so devastating to the ecosystem like a swarm of locusts. Plus Dustox and Beautifly are pretty worthless, less Dustox but still pretty bad

Maybe it'll be based on...a hawk moth! (A few are native to Hokkaido, after all.)

It all makes sense! This explains why the Pokémon were going berserk! And why you can't find one in present-day Sinnoh! The hawk moth Pokémon was behind it all along!

Ultra Beast Lover

Maybe it'll be based on...a hawk moth! (A few are native to Hokkaido, after all.)

It all makes sense! This explains why the Pokémon were going berserk! And why you can't find one in present-day Sinnoh! The hawk moth Pokémon was behind it all along!
So its power is to create little moths, infect those with strong negative emotions with the little moths/butterflies, and evilize them?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Scyther is the first Sinnoh Dex Pokemon to get a confirmed form/evo, but we don't know if Scyther itself has a regional form, so my theory that only non Sinnoh Pokemon will get forms still sort of stands.

MartínK

Scyther is the first Sinnoh Dex Pokemon to get a confirmed form/evo, but we don't know if Scyther itself has a regional form, so my theory that only non Sinnoh Pokemon will get forms still sort of stands.

I don't think that we have a Hisui Scyther, Kleavor evolves likes Wyrdeer and Basculegion

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Damn, Kleavor looks lit!

And we got legit boss battles! I'm so excited!

Well, that was obvious from the start as 'GymLeaders' wasn't going to work.

We also get 'Trial Captains'-2.0.

Also, all these human characters having hints and ties to current day characters is very fun! Lian seems related to Clay I think (the outfit/hat mostly).

Lastly, I honestly don't like the Kleavor-design. It looks way too clonky and if anything I'd have gone with a Bug/Dark-sleak aesthetic if I went for a period-piece version of Scyther. Instead of looking like something with joints that are about to crumble out of the sheer weight that's put onto them. It's a 2/10 design for me. Basculegion is a 8/10, Weirdeer is a 9/10. Hisuan Braviary is a 5/10, while the Growlithe is a 9/10. So it's not just me hating on these games, but just that design in particular is not my kup of tea.