• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon & Hisuian Variants - Discussion Thread [Use SPOILER Tags]

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
The Applin family are crying tears of sweet, sweet apple juice.

But yes, it does seem like one of the core reasons for all of these alternate forms is to experiment with new type combinations without going the whole hog and creating a completely new Pokemon, which really I don't mind. Of course I prefer alternate forms and regional variants that have completely new typings like Alola Raichu, Sandslash and Ninetales over ones with typing that have been done a lot already like Galar Articuno and Hisui Braviary.

I literally dropped the apple there.. :'(

I like some regional forms, but I want new designs with new typings..

I know I’m really late here, but the new variant of Zoroark is pretty awesome. I never would have guessed Normal/Ghost for it.

Ghost was a shoe-in in my eyes, considering the wispy-feel their fur/hair has.. The Normal-bit blew my mind because I literally thought Dark/Ghost as we haven't gotten a fast sweeper with that type.

Last edited:

Dragon Pulse

I'm in love with the typing for Z&Z's Hisuian forms (especially since Ghost is my fav type), but I can't but help feel it is a little out of place? I mean, once they clarify the lore and such with them then I suppose I'll see how it makes sense. I feel like it's the Normal typing that seems the odd one out for me.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Zorua and Zoroark are based on the kitsune youkai. Them being Ghost makes perfect sense. As for the Normal part, I got nothing.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Regarding the move H-Zoroark uses in the trailer what do you think it could be? If it is not a new signature move the ones I think it could be are Hex or Ominous Wind (can’t be Night Shade as you hear the “super effective“ sound effect when it hit Gardevoir).

Leonhart

Imagineer
Not very keen on the new Zoroark regional variant, although I think Husuian Zorua looks quite adorable. I've always been more fond of Zorua than Zoroark in any case, so maybe I'm biased due to that fact alone.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I’m kind of excited to use the new Zorua and Zoroark lines. I’m hoping we‘ll be able to transfer them to Sw/Sh once Home supports PLA.

Luthor

I'm really curious if the rumours of Hisuian Voltorb are true. If they can make something simple like Voltorb into a new form that'd be great to see.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I'm really curious if the rumours of Hisuian Voltorb are true. If they can make something simple like Voltorb into a new form that'd be great to see.

As interesting as it'd be (grass/electric///grass/steel///grass/fire) its pretty clear Voltorb came to be after an accident in a Pokeball factory.

ShadowForce720

As interesting as it'd be (grass/electric///grass/steel///grass/fire) its pretty clear Voltorb came to be after an accident in a Pokeball factory.
To be fair that doesn’t mean a regional variant of it couldn’t have shown up before then.

Plus there have been instances where the lore hasn’t been entirely accurate.

Just look how much the lore for Kyurem varies between BW and B2W2.

Now is possible that we don’t get a Hisuian Voltorb/Electrode? Sure, but it’s also possible that we could get one.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm not sure about typing for Hisuian Voltorb, but as far as its design and origin I can see it being portrayed as a yokai (most likely a Tsukumogami) that either possessed a Hisuian pokeball or the materials used to make them. It'd probably be similar to the Galarian birds where they're not actually the same species but they're similar enough that they share the same name

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I'm not sure about typing for Hisuian Voltorb, but as far as its design and origin I can see it being portrayed as a yokai (most likely a Tsukumogami) that either possessed a Hisuian pokeball or the materials used to make them. It'd probably be similar to the Galarian birds where they're not actually the same species but they're similar enough that they share the same name
How about Electric/Grass since the Poké Balls in Hisui are partly made from Apricorns which come from trees and the type combo is only used for Mow Rotom? It’d be different and you could have Hisuian Voltorb look like some sort of giant fruit.

Dragon Pulse

The Galarian birds aren't the same species?