• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Manga?

WheelerTheViper

Procrastinate Today!
I was browsing through a japanese bookstore today, hoping to find some copies of Pokemon Special or something nifty like that. But instead, I found a manga that I'm not familiar with. I've poked around, but haven't found any info on it ('Course I tend to suck at that).

Picture of the cover:
http://*******.com/view.php?pic=20haa8l&s=4

Definately bought it, since I'm not familiar with it at all (And, well, it has Lucario). Haven't gotten the chance to actually look through the whole thing yet though. Does anyone know anything about this manga?

ForgottenWarrior

What happened?
Hmm...Can't understand Japanese. But, if you look at the title sign, the "Pokemon" isn't there (not sure if that is the Pokemon sign, can't read Japanese). Try to look into the manga. Maybe, it might be a fanmade.

Good for you. You found a manga which is not discovered by others. Lucky!

Rex Kamex

Hmm...Can't understand Japanese. But, if you look at the title sign, the "Pokemon" isn't there (not sure if that is the Pokemon sign, can't read Japanese). Try to look into the manga. Maybe, it might be a fanmade.

Good for you. You found a manga which is not discovered by others. Lucky!

Actually, I heard about this on another forum, just not here. It's called The Mysterious Thief! Pokemon 7.

I hid a bit of this in spoiler tags, and I'm not sure if anyone wants me to hide more, but...

Dogasu said:
So I was in the bookstore today and found a new manga I hadn't heard about before. The title is Kaitou! Pokemon 7 ("The Mysterious Thief! Pokemon 7"), and the first volume came out in Japan on March 28th, 2008.

The series is about a young boy named Hiori who leads a double life as the mysterious thief known as "Pokemon 7" (and before anyone asks, I don't know where the "7" comes from). Pokemon 7, along with his trusty partner Lucario, retrieves stolen objects from other thieves and returns them to their rightful owners.

During the day, Hiori works at the bread shop Sun-Sun. His co-worker, Nazuna, is a Lois Lane-type character who falls in love with Pokemon 7 while not thinking too highly of Hiori. The series, from what I've read so far, seems to deal with Pokemon 7's various encounters with criminals while Hiori tries desperately to keep his secret identity safe.

I've only read the first two chapters of the book, but I'm already hooked on the series. The first chapter deals with [SPOIL]an old clock thief who kidnaps Nazuna. After Pokemon 7 rescues her, Nazuna falls in love with him. The second chapter deals with a reporter named Mako who tries to discover Pokemon 7's secret identity (she suspects that Hiori is the thief), but her attempt ultimately fails.[/SPOIL]

Last edited:

Faerie

MONS
Sounds OK.

Sounds interesting. I'd like to pick it up sometime. It sounds an awful lot like DNAngel, but it's still something Pokemon's never done before, so it's worth checking out I guess. The art appears to be good.

It's a Tentoumushi Comics (Ladybug, I think; they published Doraemon and other Pokemon manga) Special, but I assume it will be ongoing because the volume says Vol. 1, as opposed to not having a number.

Dawn's Paul

bad hair day...
lemme laugh at this, okay, please?

The likelihood any pokemon manga is going to be released or rereleased in the states again is beyond slim, imo.

That's about one of the VERY few advantages of living in Singapore.
We hold your English Pokespe mangas ransom.

Last edited:

WheelerTheViper

Procrastinate Today!
lemme laugh at this, okay, please?

The likelihood any pokemon manga is going to be released or rereleased in the states again is beyond slim, imo.

Viz just released manga adaptions of the latest two movies and slowly releasing Pokemon: Diamond and Pearl Adventures, so the idea of them picking up another series in the future isn't *too* far fetched. But since it seems like particular series just came out, I wouldn't expect it until sometime next year in the states, if at all.

Back to the manga itself, sounds interesting. I hate the whole "Character A hates Character B, but loves Character B's alter ego" thing because it's kinda overdone, but it still seems like a pretty cool concept, and it's kind of a different angle than other Pokemon series have done. Hopefully I can look through it tonight. Thanks for the info, Rex!

JFate

Travelling Trainer
Hmm..It sounds a whole lot like DNAngel but I guess if incorporated in Pokemon, it might be interesting. It has never been done for the fandom after all too anyway^^.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Well, if you mean the "loving character, hating their alter ego" that HAS been done, with Walnut and Koume in Magical Pokemon Journey.

Coronis

In lucid awakening
'Mysterious Thief Pokemon 7' is quite an interesting manga. I picked it up during my Tokyo trip in early June before starting work. As the synopsis by Dogasu says, it deals with a youngster named Hiori who appears as a weak trainer during the day, but is in reality the mysterious thief Pokemon 7 at night.

His team consists of Lucario (as major powerhouse), Mime Jr. (as a tricky little brat), Drifblim (for travelling), Tangrowth (mostly vine work), Lickilicky (its long tongue gets handy sometimes) and Gallade (for its powerful upclose strikes).

He has a 'rival' named Rock, dressed as a magician, and has a Gardevoir (for Teleport) and Magmortar (as powerhouse). He tries to be antagonistic, but is in reality someone who just tags along all the time, saving Hiori at cricital moments.

Hiori has a sister named Lily, kidnapped by Team Galactic at a young age for her aura-guiding ability. They brainwashed her with Mismagius, and equipped her with powerful pokemon like Dusknoir. Hiori eventually manages to save her, and together they work to crack down Team Galactic's ultimate aim in capturing Darkrai. The boss of TG here is called Io (the asteroid of Jupiter), and TG is in posession of powerful Pokemon like Porygon-Z, Electivire, Magnezone, Rampardos, Abomasnow and Heatran.

The thing with Nazuna is really just a side plot to the story in this volume, and she knows of Hiori's identity by the end of this volume. The whole Darkrai issue is solved here, and though it is done through defeating it, it is a reminiscence of the Ranger plots if you ask me. Villain trying to gain control of a legendary, fails to control it, the hero overpowers it and calms it.

There should be more volumes since the preview says a new rival to Hiori will appear.

Coronis~

Maxim

Beyond repair
does anyone know if this is gonna be released in uk/usa

Well, I'm not sure. I don't see Viz releasing this, as they probably won't be releasing anything different than DP.

Well, but Chuang Yi has also not released any new Pokemon title since ages.

I don't know. I wish I could read it (well, I won't have chance to read it even if it'll be released in English, unless I order it from Grimsg). But from what I seen, I really love this manga, as it is very original and different from other mangas (Remember Getto Da Ze!? It was from the same author, it wasn't based on any game, too and was pretty good). It would certainly be good if Chuang Yi released it, but I'm not sure.

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
Amazing, I will get this if it comes out in america.

This reminds me of th whole Polemon Collossum/XD storyline.

Off topic: Is anybody reading Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventure? I got the second volume yesterday, and I finished it yesterday. I am currently waiting for the third volume.

Rex Kamex

Back to the manga itself, sounds interesting. I hate the whole "Character A hates Character B, but loves Character B's alter ego" thing because it's kinda overdone, but it still seems like a pretty cool concept, and it's kind of a different angle than other Pokemon series have done. Hopefully I can look through it tonight. Thanks for the info, Rex!

You're welcome, but don't thank me- I only got all the info from someone else.

outrageddranger

Pokemon Freak
That's about one of the VERY few advantages of living in Singapore.
We hold your English Pokespe mangas ransom.

You lived in Singapore too?

Chuang Yi has not released this manga yet, sounds interesting (from Coronis' summary, I don't speak Japanese...)