• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Snap Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ditto B1tch

It seems a Pokemon Snap game and I am so glad they finally are making one.
This is so the photography game we wanted since Pokemon Snap in the N64, not that boring Pokemon Go

MrJechgo

There are Pokémon in this game that... aren't in SwSh... so... does this mean that we get hope for them getting a trip to Galar ;) ?

lso, really hope for a Labo VR support and the Switch's screenshot functionality, that would be dope :)

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
That was a weirdly intense buildup for just for Meganium to appear.

From Serebii, it seems that Meganium has the Lumina phenomenon going on. Where in I assume, rare Pokemon will appear with this affect (glowing) and you'll get lots of photography points for it.

There are Pokémon in this game that... aren't in SwSh... so... does this mean that we get hope for them getting a trip to Galar ;) ?

Of course not, its a spin off game taking place in a spin-off region called Lental. No connection to the gen 8 games.

NPC

sleep researcher
I hope the levels have tons of secrets and alternate routes. Pokémon Snap is one of my favorite childhood games, its only real drawback was being so short.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I am thinking of preordering the game. It’s releasing a little over a week after my birthday so I could always use any money I get to buy the game.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Would be nice if you could walk around on foot and take pictures as you please.

If there is such a mechanic, it would be relegated to Professor Mirror's lab to walk around and interact with game options and charcters.

New Pokemon Snap will be a rail-gun/amusement park ride game just like the last one.

Cradily17

I'm so glad that Meganium is finally getting the attention it deserves. Hopefully Bounsweet being present means that Tsareena will appear in the game as well.

Orphalesion

It's nice to see that there's so many non-Kanto Pokemon included.

I hope it will be a bit longer than the original Snap and maybe that there will be a bit more options for interaction with the wild Pokemon.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The graphics are incredible, love that there are so many Pokemon from pretty much every region and no Kanto biased nonsense!
I hope Mew's in it again

I don't really like the customization feature though, it's a bit pointless in Snap. Now a spinoff like Ranger or the excellent and heavily neglected Shadow saga? Those could do with that!

I'm gonna pre-order it as soon as the option's up to get it shipped from somewhere cause I don't do digital on Nintendo stuff, I like having the cases

lso, really hope for a Labo VR support and the Switch's screenshot functionality, that would be dope :)

I've been thinking they'll add the rest whenever the DP remakes are released, since they'll surely patch in the new forms/Pokemon added

Torpoleon

This looks very exciting. I enjoyed the original game on N64, so it's nice to see them making a new one! Definitely preordered.

I wonder if there will be an option to revisit the areas of the N64 game. Maybe as paid DLC?

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army

I also hope for Labo VR support. The Camera Toy is so perfect for Snap and the Ocean mini game is extremely close to what you do in Snap.

Status
Not open for further replies.