• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Snap Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred Garvin

Drone Pilot
I'm totally stoked about this game! I love all the games (mainline ones) and have been playing for years. This one is tailor-made for me.

I'm a Professional Photographer by trade. I have an aerial image business with drones and my regular general photography business as well. Combining my love for the pokemon games and photography...If I were to design a game it'd be pretty much like this. I'm really going to enjoy this one and it'll have a lot of replay value as well.

I've played through the startup stuff and first mission, access to the lab, started the new dex, edited some images, and uploaded them to the Internet. Had to take a break for dinner and stuff but I'll get back to it in a bit. There's a lot of potential for this game, especially if they incorporate rewards like better cameras, lenses, and such.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I'm definitely hoping for camera upgrades.

One thing that caught me off guard. Maybe this has been in other Pokémon games before, but I've never played a Pokémon game where this was a thing. I wasn't expecting voice acting. It feels weird.

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
Gardevoir and Jolteon are the last Pokemon I need, and I have a good idea where Jolteon is, but according to Serebii, Gardevoir is found in the Winter Forest section of Elsewhere Forest. I’ve followed the steps (yes, its at Level 3), I got Trevenant to move the rock and create the path. Problem is, I am following Espeon, but every time I get near it, it cowers and runs away. Is it suppose to run into the foggy alternate route? I keep pressing on into the alternate route but the Winter Forest is not appearing. Am I missing something? Am I suppose to throw an orb at Espeon? Or is it just random and I have bad luck?

Torpoleon

Is there any way to manual save or does the game only save through autosaving?

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Is there any way to manual save or does the game only save through autosaving?
As far as I know, it autosaves any time you finish a course, see a cutscene or go in and out of your album (pretty much any time you see a loading screen where you're NOT entering a course). So manual saving doesn't seem to be necessary. But I guess going in and out of your album could be considered a way to manual save.

megachu17

Anyone know how to get 3- and 4-star pictures of Glaceon?? I'm missing something but I don't know what...

Rune Knight

Wait...

We're supposed to use a camera to shoot the pokémon...!?

Halkel

Experimentalist
So I noticed Serebii's Photodex does not have the location for the Garden Form for Vivillon or Fancy Pattern.
I found it in the first stage, at least at Lv.3. This sneaky bug comes in from behind at the beginning of the flower garden, it hangs around above you for a while before leaving as well. Got my 2* Diamond Rank from it.

In addition, the Fancy Pattern is found in course 1 of the Research Lab. I miss this one a lot as it appears where people don't tend to look. Up. Dunno how to get it closer.

Nejad

There is a 3rd secret path in jungle night. When u enter on toucannon tree, u can break the branch where u are and then go down. I did once, but dont know how. In map appears, if u want a photo.
In Serebii guide is not posted.
The only I can remember is i through a light ball to the ground flower and something hit the branch and then i fall down.

Last edited:
The Fireflow Volcano Snap Location guide doesn't mention the second possible Charizard encounter down the Blue Magma path, followed by another unique interaction between said Charizard and the Typhlosion pair at the end.

Throw Illumina Orbs at the two Charmander underneath the Graveler in the pit at the start of the Blue Magma path, then knock the Graveler down. The Earthquake will cause a Charizard to erupt from the floor below and use Overheat, which is a possible 4 star picture btw. It'll then fly off further down the Blue Magma room. Once you reach the room with the two Typhlosion, Charizard will be seen flying overhead and will descend to the floor below, where the two Typhlosion are angrily roaring at it. This results in a standoff between Charizard and the pair of Typhlosion. Note that if you have triggered Ho-Oh to appear in this room, this battle won't take place as Charizard and Typhlosion won't spawn here.

my-great-capture-screenshot-2021-05-02-04-08-39-png.337425

Last edited:

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
I never played the original Snap (unfortunately didn't have an N64) but I can only imagine how similar yet different New Snap is. IMO the visuals are everything I could have hoped for, the soundtrack is appropriate and not overbearing, and the missions and photodex will certainly give the game a level of longevity that I wasn't expecting. Although I finished the "story" I'm happy that I still have plenty of hours left to work towards completion.

I'm spoil tagging just to be safe, but seeing Mareanie chase Corsola was so goofy. I'm glad that there are special interactions true to the dex entries. And including Todd? Very pleasant surprise tbh

Tee_bird

This game has been incredible for me so far. The original was one of my favorites of its time and this one seems to take everything I loved about it and make it even better. So great seeing certain things get animated.

Rune Knight

I was stuck in the Desert area for 2 days before finding out that you had to...

snap a photo of the glowing crystalboom as you're going down the sandfall within the other area at night.

Also I find it kind of annoying that you can only register 1 photo of each pokémon, making it impossible to complete more than 1 task if it involves the same pokémon.

Aside from that this game is fun, and I'm just a grumpy old man.

Last edited:

Nyter

Island Challenger
There is a 3rd secret path in jungle night. When u enter on toucannon tree, u can break the branch where u are and then go down. I did once, but dont know how. In map appears, if u want a photo.
In Serebii guide is not posted.
The only I can remember is i through a light ball to the ground flower and something hit the branch and then i fall down.
I discovered it the other day too, so the key is to throw Illumina orbs at 2 specific Liepard....

the first one, you have to stay in the main path and skip the path behind the swamp. Then, to your right, there are several Liepard. There is one up on the Rocks, its tail is hanging down. That is the one you have to throw an Illumina orb at. The Liepard will stay illuminated so thats how you know it was the right one.

Then when you get to the section of branches and trunks, all the way at the top of an overhanging tree trunk is a Liepard throw an Illumina orb at it... then that Liepard will jump down and cause the path to collapse onto the floor by the river.

This is a great way to illuminate the Crystabloom there and get super rare photos of Ledian, especially the one Walking on the ground. Give it a flufffruit and see your discovery

pokeplayer9994

Apparently, there's some predatory behavior in this game. In the Reef Level, there's this little incident.

Not the best photo, I know, but still serves my point.

It's not the only instance of Predatory behavior either. There's quite a few moments. Heck, I probably haven't found all of them at this point.

Nature can be so fascinating.

TheGomyde

I'm trying to get wailord to show at the wishiwash illumina spot, but I get the mouth interaction 100% of the time. How do I get the wailor one?

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Just out of curiosity, does the game have a mode where you could use the Labo VR kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.