• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Speculation & Discussion Thread

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
That would be interesting, an Ice/Fire type. What kind of animal would you want to see that has that typing?
I've decided I want something that looks like it's made of ice, but moves like it's made of fire, with all the flickering and wavering that involves. It'd probably actually work better in live-action than animated because animated has a hard time pulling off looking like actual ice.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Orphalesion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_endemic_species_of_the_British_Isles

So I just searched up to see what kind of pokemon are native to the UK and the variety isn't too great. The most the UK seems to have in terms of variety is fish so we could see some decent water types.

Yeah, that's not that important to what new Pokemon might appear in Sword and Shield. While there's always a small handful of Pokemon patterned after things people strongly associate with the real world place the region is based on, the larger part of the Pokemon are based on things that aren't strongly associated with that place.
So for all we know we'll get a Wombat or a Water Deer Pokemon in Galar.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Yeah, that's completely irrelevant to what new Pokemon might appear in Galar.

Um...you do know the game is based on the UK so obviously they would want to base some pokemon around what can be found there.

Orphalesion

Um...you do know the game is based on the UK so obviously they would want to base some pokemon around what can be found there.

I edited my message after I thought it a bit too direct:
Yeah, that's not that important to what new Pokemon might appear in Sword and Shield. While there's always a small handful of Pokemon patterned after things people strongly associate with the real world place the region is based on, the larger part of the Pokemon are based on things that aren't strongly associated with that place.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I edited my message after I thought it a bit too direct:

Well I didn't say they would all come from there, I just thought I would post it as it could give some indication of future pokemon that could be in the game.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Sorry, I misunderstood your message.

That's ok. Does kind of make me wish they had chosen a place with a lot of diversity though so it would be easier to speculate. Like Australia for instance.

Orphalesion

That's ok. Does kind of make me wish they had chosen a place with a lot of diversity though so it would be easier to speculate. Like Australia for instance.

Well the UK shares a lot of its animals and Plants with Europe. So there might not be many species that are endemic (only found in the UK) but there's a lot of diversity still if you factor in all the continental European species that live in the UK.
Plus the British Islands do have a very distinctive mythology, with all those different kinds of fairies and goblins and other mythical creatures that could create a lot of Pokemon.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Well the UK shares a lot of its animals and Plants with Europe. So there might not be many species that are endemic (only found in the UK) but there's a lot of diversity still if you factor in all the continental European species that live in the UK.
Plus the British Islands do have a very distinctive mythology, with all those different kinds of fairies and goblins and other mythical creatures that could create a lot of Pokemon.

That's also true, I guess my point was that when you think of the UK, no immediate well known animals jump out where as places like Australia and the U.S. have cool creatures that you automatically associate with the place.

DSDark

Breeder
I would like to see some official information on Yamper and Impidimp. More importantly what are Impidimp's abilities and does Yamper have a second better ability

Kingudora

My favourite
I would like to see some official information on Yamper and Impidimp. More importantly what are Impidimp's abilities and does Yamper have a second better ability
Even if Yamper only has Ball Fetch as an ability, I don't think it will keep it if it evolves. Ball Fetch feels much like Pickup in that regard.

Ball Fetch seems like it could be useful early in the game when money is a bit tight. I agree with your general sentiment though; I really hope the next big reveal we get includes the Pokedex descriptions of the E3 Pokemon (and the mystery squirrel).

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

I actually quite like the cleverness of the ability because I mean it is a Corgi and dogs love to fetch lol. Regardless, he's bound to evolve and have a better ability so I think it's fine.

I think Ball Fetch is a cool ability, but the implication that failed Pokéballs still work, the trainer just can’t be bothered with picking them up is a rather weird one.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I wonder if we will see Yamper evolve I to a Golden Retriever, specially with an ability like that.

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
I think Ball Fetch is a cool ability, but the implication that failed Pokéballs still work, the trainer just can’t be bothered with picking them up is a rather weird one.

Would be a fun little addition that whenever you try to capture a pokemon, you find random lost pokeball hidden on that route. How many you'd find decided by how many you threw. within limits ofc^^