• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Speculation & Discussion Thread

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
So? There's still more than enough evolution lines that have that typing, with spaces in the Pokedex, supposedly, being a limited resource now, do we really need more when other type combinations are barely or not used at all?
I can say the same for you: so? It’s just an arbitrary nitpick fans made because a small group of Pokèmon repeat the same type. I’m all for new combos but let’s not act like them adding another Fire/Fighting or Bug/Poison is so bad. People would be complaining regardless of the limited Dex anyway (everyone got on Fennekin, Litten, and Scorbunny for potentially being part Fighting Types). We don’t need more of them but at the same time we don’t need new or underused type combos.

Ning

At least for me, it’s not necessarily just the type combos, it’s they wind up being stylistically very similar.

If Scorbunmy is fire/fighting, then that would give us 4 martial art themed anthropomorphic animal Pokémon starters.

There’s a countless number of what feel like filler pure water types that are just fish. (Probably done because of surf being an HM)

Even with Gen VI and VII giving us 4 grass/ghost types. Decidueye isn’t similar to the other 3, but do we really need more cursed plant Pokémon?

The flip side of that is people wanting the tea pot Pokémon to be real and it likely would be a unique or rare type. Water/Fire perhaps?

Tl;dr, type combos commonly fit very similar aesthetics of the Pokémon. So it to me feels like we are getting an alternate form instead of something truly new.

Personally I’d really like to see them do something different with bug and flying types. They seem to draw too much from irl bugs and birds. Would like to see some more mythological bugs and creatures that can fly (like Landorus and co.). Somewhat like how there is Abomasnow which is partially based on a Yeti.

A wishiwashi-like big Pokémon would be amazing.

Orphalesion

I can say the same for you: so? It’s just an arbitrary nitpick fans made because a small group of Pokèmon repeat the same type. I’m all for new combos but let’s not act like them adding another Fire/Fighting or Bug/Poison is so bad. People would be complaining regardless of the limited Dex anyway (everyone got on Fennekin, Litten, and Scorbunny for potentially being part Fighting Types). We don’t need more of them but at the same time we don’t need new or underused type combos.

Just saying if we get less stuff from now on, they could at least give us stuff that's unique or rare, not another Vivillion or Pidgeot.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
They made Scolipede awesome when it got Speed Boost in XY so I think they could do another Bug/Poison so long as it has something unique/strong about it. Same with Fire/Fighting like Emboar because even if it’s the third starter in a row to get the typing, it was different in that it was a slow yet hard hitting Pokemon with high HP.

DannyDark

We've already had a painfully familiar Pokemon revealed in Alcremie, that shares design, typing and ability with Slurpuff.

And, as Orphalesion said.. if the number of Pokemon we get is limited, of course people are going to scrutinise the new ones more-so from now on.. especially if they're similar to Pokemon that are chosen to be within the regional dex, as that's two lines taken for effectively the same, or very similar, Pokemon.

Last edited:

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
I agree. Now that the dex is limited I'd prefer to see as many type combos as possible. That's why I'm Kind of disappointed in the typings of gen 8 Pokémon so far despite loving most of the designs. Cause we've got 9 pure types. yet another Water/Rock mon. Only one new type combo. & only 2 rare combos.

I would't mind pure typed pokémon if they were for types with small amount of pures like Flying or Steel. But insted it's for types like Normal or Grass which already have tens of pures.

Acer11

I agree. Now that the dex is limited I'd prefer to see as many type combos as possible. That's why I'm Kind of disappointed in the typings of gen 8 Pokémon so far despite loving most of the designs. Cause we've got 9 pure types. yet another Water/Rock mon. Only one new type combo. & only 2 rare combos.

I would't mind pure typed pokémon if they were for types with small amount of pures like Flying or Steel. But insted it's for types like Normal or Grass which already have tens of pures.
If there were to be pure flying types, they would be based on kites and clouds.

Kittypotts

We're getting more news on the 21st from pokenchi, I wonder if they will show more new Pokemon or what the new forms of gender/Charizard/pikachu will be gigmaxed. New Pokemon please! And as for typings, fairy electric could be good, I'm assuming we're not getting a new type this gen, are we getting a nursery or breeding center? Mamma got hatch some shinies!

PreschoolerFromNowhere

We're getting more news on the 21st from pokenchi, I wonder if they will show more new Pokemon or what the new forms of gender/Charizard/pikachu will be gigmaxed. New Pokemon please! And as for typings, fairy electric could be good, I'm assuming we're not getting a new type this gen, are we getting a nursery or breeding center? Mamma got hatch some shinies!

Hold it, you can be so sure about that, it might be a recap from Gigantimax trailer, how many time "the latest information" turned out to be recap? Remember Corocoro Ichiban? Or the first episode Pokenchi mention Sword and Shield, it said "the latest information" and here you go, recap.

Orphalesion

The only Pokemon so far that seem really *new* to me are Impidimp and Duraludon (and honestly I don't like Duraludon). And Croviknight is only the second Pokemon of it's type combo, so that's awesome, especially if it is part of an evolution line (since Scamory is standalone)

But with the others...I love the designs of Yamper, Wooloo, Rolycoly and Alcremie, but their types so far leave me a bit cold.

And seriously Gossifleur and Drednaw seem redundant to me.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
The only Pokemon so far that seem really *new* to me are Impidimp and Duraludon (and honestly I don't like Duraludon). And Croviknight is only the second Pokemon of it's type combo, so that's awesome, especially if it is part of an evolution line (since Scamory is standalone)

But with the others...I love the designs of Yamper, Wooloo, Rolycoly and Alcremie, but their types so far leave me a bit cold.

And seriously Gossifleur and Drednaw seem redundant to me.

Celesteela is also Steel/Flying.

Kittypotts

Hold it, you can be so sure about that, it might be a recap from Gigantimax trailer, how many time "the latest information" turned out to be recap? Remember Corocoro Ichiban? Or the first episode Pokenchi mention Sword and Shield, it said "the latest information" and here you go, recap.
I did say I wonder, as you just said, the last trailer was a recap of the latest mechanic,so why not new pokemon? They've released two triailer within 2 weeks, one new info, one recap of info, so the next logical step is new info right? The company is being really weird with the way they are dishing out info when and where..

PreschoolerFromNowhere

I did say I wonder, as you just said, the last trailer was a recap of the latest mechanic,so why not new pokemon? They've released two triailer within 2 weeks, one new info, one recap of info, so the next logical step is new info right? The company is being really weird with the way they are dishing out info when and where..

But they didn't recap it in the show yet, ti be fair if you spend more time with this show like me, you will know what i mean, but fine, i'll sure enjoy to see you lose your face, i swear i'll laugh just one time, no more because i'm nice enough, can't wait for next Sunday!

Kittypotts

But they didn't recap it in the show yet, ti be fair if you spend more time with this show like me, you will know what i mean, but fine, i'll sure enjoy to see you lose your face, i swear i'll laugh just one time, no more because i'm nice enough, can't wait for next Sunday!
Are you actually condescending down to me about whether a trailer will be this or that! That's so funny! It's just speculation sweetheart! And it's only a GAME..calm down! and no I don't watch the show, I don't live in Japan, it's fine to keep coming at me bro! Nothing you can say will hurt me, you're just someone on the internet, I won't go and commit suicide just because you're not being'nice', I wonder how old you are....