• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Speculation & Discussion Thread

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Enough. Let's keep any condescension and arguing out of this thread. Thank you. This is a general warning, directed at everyone.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Alolan Persian was a travesty lol. I really hope to see a proper British Shorthair, or cat Pokémon in general.
I mean I'm not sure how you can get more proper then Alolan Persian considering, as Meowth, it was brought from another region and bred a lot in order to get the way they look now. (and if they really wanted to follow irl, they probably were originally bred in Galar like irl UK)

anjunajake

you were the sun & moon to me
Hopefully something good since light and heavy metal both are useless. It needs something to take advantage of that great typing

Heavy metal could at least give it a more powerful "heavy slam" attack, which could be useful if it's a physical attacker. An accurate high power steel STAB is nothing to scoff at! Meteor mash is inaccurate, and iron heads base power leaves some to be desired. Light metal could help low kicks damage do less, which is admittedly not very useful. However, I do agree with the sentiment that hopefully its HA will be something a little more exciting.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Love the idea. I'd personally go with it as Fairy/Ghost as given its ability to appear and disappear like a ghost.
Now that would make for some cool typing. Very fitting.

Orphalesion

Love the idea. I'd personally go with it as Fairy/Ghost as given its ability to appear and disappear like a ghost.

Indeed! That would be a perfect typing for it!

They could even reflect that in the Pokemon's model. The body could fade in and out of existence, with only the grin remaining the whole time.

Edit: misspelled "grin"

Last edited:

Kittypotts

Heavy metal could at least give it a more powerful "heavy slam" attack, which could be useful if it's a physical attacker. An accurate high power steel STAB is nothing to scoff at! Meteor mash is inaccurate, and iron heads base power leaves some to be desired. Light metal could help low kicks damage do less, which is admittedly not very useful. However, I do agree with the sentiment that hopefully its HA will be something a little more exciting.
Do you think they will have HA I game or will we have to wait for Pokemon home to be released? Or will that just be for the starter Pokemon?

catzeye

Writer's Block
Indeed! That would be a perfect typing for it!

They could even reflect that in the Pokemon's model. The body could fade in and out of existence, with only the grin remaining the whole time.

Edit: misspelled "grin"

A fairy/ghost Cheshire cat would be epic!

Also I'm just hoping for some more unique typings (like bug/dragon) with the new Pokemon

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
If there's a cat Pokemon I kinda really wanna see a Fairy typed Cheshire Cat. Would be fun, and Alice in Wonderland is very popular in Japan last I've heard.

Fairy/Ghost?

Edit.... He suggests before reading the the comments that follow the above post....

Additional edit with a more though out idea.

Kittievous--max friendship-->Catshire
Fairy/Ghost

Prankster, Clear Body
HA, Strong Jaw

Kittievous, The Playful Cat Pokemon. Kittievous love to play with others, even if they aren't in the mood. They are often found playfully swiping at the feet of any that pass by the shadows that they are hiding in. Since they can move freely between shadows, upon investigating the person or Pokemon that was attack is often left confused as Kittievous has moved to another shadow.

Catshire, The Grinning Pokemon. It's large round body is made that much more off-putting by the large grin it always wears on its face. Regardless of their size they can make almost their whole body disappear, except for it's grin. Additionally despite it's size, it is very lite and able to float through the air, meaning if they do disappear you may find a random catty grin floating above you.

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Just thought of something: What if Rolycoly’s evolution(s) is a Transformers-like creature? Like, it has an ability that changes it from a rock monster to some sort of vehicle (probably a motorcycle or train), similar to Aegislash’s Stance Change.

Zachery Keisler

Pokémon Master
I have been looking at rolycoly and for some reason he makes me think of the metagross line but in coal form instead of magnetic rock.
It makes me wonder if he is the first stage of a new non-dragon type pseudo legendary! I would love for rolycoly to become a super strong pseudo legendary it has so many possibilities for it be be a strong pseudo legendary!!!

Creyk

The only Pokemon so far that seem really *new* to me are Impidimp and Duraludon (and honestly I don't like Duraludon). And Croviknight is only the second Pokemon of it's type combo, so that's awesome, especially if it is part of an evolution line (since Scamory is standalone)

But with the others...I love the designs of Yamper, Wooloo, Rolycoly and Alcremie, but their types so far leave me a bit cold.

And seriously Gossifleur and Drednaw seem redundant to me.
Honestly, alcremie should have been fairy/poison
And that's that on that.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Heavy metal could at least give it a more powerful "heavy slam" attack, which could be useful if it's a physical attacker. An accurate high power steel STAB is nothing to scoff at!

Unfortunately, Duraludon is too lightweight to make use of Heavy Slam, even with Heavy Metal.

With Heavy Metal, Duraludon would weight 176 lbs.

For Heavy Slam to have maximum power, the target's weight must be less than 20% of the user's weight. That means, for Heavy Metal Duraludon to inflict max damage with Heavy Slam, the target must have weight less than 20% of 176, in other words, less than......35 lbs. Most of the Pokemon with weight less than that, are NFEs that no one would bother using in competitive, and for in-game, they are usually weak enough that Iron Head would do just fine against them.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
It totally should have been! Could have been inspired by the use of poison in food and drink as a means of assassination in the Middle Ages and Renaissance.
That would have been a pretty interesting typing. It's too bad that it's not that.