• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Speculation & Discussion Thread

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
We got 18 Alola Forms and 83 Gen 7 Pokèmon. Let’s hope both of these numbers are bigger for SWSH

Erron Black

The Outlaw
It's probably realistic not to expect many new pokemon since there's both regional & gigantamax forms. 70-80 is likely. I won't be satified with less than 65 pokemon. Unless I love the designs of at least 90 % of them.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar amount to Gen 6 and for them to increase that amount in Gen 9 tbh.

Probably 70-80 new Pokemon at the most. Especially if we get a similar number of Gigantamax forms as we did Megas and Galarians as we did Alolans.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
No one could have predicted Galar Form Linoone to get an evolution.

I know Weezing didn't get one, but i wonder what other Galar Forms will evolve

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
So the Kanto Pokemon being given Alolan forms and no one else being “testing waters” might have had some truth to it after all. Create a new concept and have Pokemon that are really well known like Kantonian Pokemon utilize it and if feedback is fantastic, branch out!

You could say this with Megas although even the creators implied to have not liked it during VGCs.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
What if they make Galar Cacnea and Cacturne into snowmen?

Cacnea would be 1 Snowball, then Cacturne could be 2 Snowballs. The new Evolution could be the Full snowman.

or Cacturne could be the Full Snowman if he doesn't evolve.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Can I have tea with Sir Weezing, please. He seems like a riveting fellow.
The fact that many of us who played the original Ruby and Sapphire have at least used Zigzagoon/Linoone once as an HM slave. To see it growing like that is actually amazing.
More like its bully cousin is going to abuse it.

_skiploom_

I really love most of the designs that were released today, the Zigzagoon line and Weezing are super cool.

I’m a bit luke warm on the new Pikaclone, but we knew one would be coming and at the very least the lore and typing are interesting.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Regional forms should have always had an evolution honestly, helps make them more appealing.
Obstagoon's earned himself a place on my team with Yamper

Hope Johto and Sinnoh get some regional form love

D*N

Musical Star
We have a good chance of Galarian Arbok because it’s seen as Weezing’s partner.
Only in the anime, I feel Muk has been much more of a counterpart for Weezing and Muk already had an alolan form. I feels like they wanted to complete this pair.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Obstagoon has to be the first Galar Pokémon I’ve geeked out over since Scorbunny. I already liked Galarian Zigzagoon & Linoone’s designs, but the fact that Linonne evovlves into a Punk Badger Gene Simmons Warrior Thing is absolutely amazing. It just oozes personality & I think it’s now my favorite Dark type. It’s going on my team regardless of whether it stays in the PU tier

On top of that, it’s opening the floodgates to give regional forms evolutions (& possibly pre-evos) so I’m hoping Obstagoon’s just the tip of the iceberg

I’m not that sure about Morpeko though. I mean, it’s concept is cool, but I always hoped the first Dark/Electric type would be like a Frankenstein pokémon or something

aerial_ace

Oh my god Obstagoon is incredible. I always liked linoone line and i thought they were more viable then the rest of the normal early routes rodents but with this evolution it is just icing on the cake. Galarian zigzagoon and linoone look soo good and Obstagoon is one of my favourite designs this gen so edgy haha.
Pika clone is actually adorable. I never really care about them much but this one seems quite unique with form changes etc.

Ning

Short list of Pokémon I’d like to see get a Galar form + evolution for each gen, which I am loving the idea of:

Dunsparce: Fairy/Dragom (this is on everyone’s list I’m guessing)
Ninjask: Bug/Ghost (should’ve been one in first place)
Hippowdon: Grass/Rock (spews flowers instead of mud)
Bisharp: Fairy/Steel (the white side in a chess game, can have a queen/king variant like Jellicent for 3rd stage)
Pyroar: Water/Normal (Scottish Lion)
Passimian: Fighting/Steel (Passimian based on American football so this one based on the football the rest of the world plays. Steel for hard heads from bouncing soccer balls with the head a lot)

anjunajake

you were the sun & moon to me
Love the water/normal Pyroar idea!

I'd love to see Dragonite get a Galarian form. I know people are tired of gen 1, but I'd love to see it get something more elegant looking. Something that more closely resembles Dragonair. Possibly a water/dragon typing or dragon/fairy.

Flygon getting something would be nice too, after it's surprisingly been passed up so many times for getting anything. Not sure what type I'd make it. Maybe an actual dragon/bug type. They could justify it by saying there's less desert areas in Galar, so it no longer needed its ground typing and de-volved back into its true bug typing.

Red and Blue

Since they only showed Galarian Weezing there might not be an Galarian Koffing. Could just be a normal Koffing that evolves into a variant like Cubone and Pikachu

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Since they only showed Galarian Weezing there might not be an Galarian Koffing. Could just be a normal Koffing that evolves into a variant like Cubone and Pikachu
Yeah, between its design and being the first regional variant introduced, I get the feeling that Weezing’s going to be Galar’s equivalent to Alolan Exeggutor

shadowF

I have a feeling Morpeko will get an evolution since it is the partner Pokemon of Marnie. Makes sense similar to how Type:Null was the partner of Gladion and it got an evolution and since Morpeko is Marnie's partner and probably the ace of her team then I see a similar trend happening.

Luthor

Sure know something my first reaction to the Obstagoon is definitely got to choose. Very interesting to see a regional evolution which really helps the Zigazoon line stand out far more than it would. I think the lore behind it makes a lot of sense which is a good thing. Just hope it gets the stats to help it stand out.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
It's quite interesting we are still missing the Regional Rodent, Bird and Bug(s). Unless G-Zigzaoon is the only Regional Rodent.