• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Speculation & Discussion Thread

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I've recently found myself a fan of the idea of it being Normal/Steel type upon evolving.

It be a fun bit of irony for the base stage to be soft and fluffy and then the second/final to have a ruff steel fur.

Plus maybe the lore could say it's final stages fur was used to make weave chain mail?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I've recently found myself a fan of the idea of it being Normal/Steel type upon evolving.

It be a fun bit of irony for the base stage to be soft and fluffy and then the second/final to have a ruff steel fur.

Plus maybe the lore could say it's final stages fur was used to make weave chain mail?
Maybe it will evolve into a Pokemon with fabulous long steel-like hair like Alolan Dugtrio lol. Or maybe even like it's other sheep counterpart, Mega Ampharos!

mega_ampharos_is_like___like___that_by_wolfeffect_d78gzmq-250t.jpg

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Since the female character is surrounded by Gossifleur in that picture, which comes from the Gossifleur page on the official site with a caption all about it, I suspect that's just another Gossifleur that looks a little off because it's mostly covered by the tall grass (and the pic isn't very high-res).

I'd love if it turned out that another new Pokémon snuck into the latest trailer/images (like the chipmunk), but the context of that particular shot has me thinking it's probably pixelated Gossifleur.
Sometimes, it may be hard to get the perfect picture with overworld Pokémon appearing in both mass and mess. In that case, I assume having three Gossifleur beautifully surrounding the trainer was the shot they wanted to go for and also putting the new species for us to speculate, which I'm hoping for it to be announced in E3 demo.

Grey Wind

I want it to be Normal/Steel mostly just to set it apart. With another presumably small generation, I don't want another forgettable two-stage Normal line. And that idea about it making chain mail is awesome.

Also, that Pokemon in the background is definitely just another Gossifleur. That looks very similar to its flowery headpiece.

I want it to be Normal/Steel mostly just to set it apart. With another presumably small generation, I don't want another forgettable two-stage Normal line. And that idea about it making chain mail is awesome.
Although I still liked (and used) the Yungoos and Pikipek lines, it was a little disappointing/deflating to see them revert to the "mono-Normal regional rodent" and "Normal/Flying regional bird" pattern after giving us the refreshing Normal/Ground Diggersby and Fire/Flying Talonflame in Gen VI. (Shout-out to Bibarel too, of course).

Whatever happens, I won't love little Wooloo any less, but this Normal/Steel "steel wool"-inspired concept floating around is pretty brilliant.

Leonhart

Imagineer
paipr_christian said:

I hadn't given much thought to the species or its type before, but now that I've noticed that it's a Normal-type, I really hope that it isn't meant to be the regional rodent Pokemon since it isn't even rodent-like to begin with. But I've seen a few people claim that the pattern might have been broken, so I guess we'll see.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Although I still liked (and used) the Yungoos and Pikipek lines, it was a little disappointing/deflating to see them revert to the "mono-Normal regional rodent" and "Normal/Flying regional bird" pattern after giving us the refreshing Normal/Ground Diggersby and Fire/Flying Talonflame in Gen VI. (Shout-out to Bibarel too, of course).

Whatever happens, I won't love little Wooloo any less, but this Normal/Steel "steel wool"-inspired concept floating around is pretty brilliant.
Tbf it’s made up by that Toucannon has its own signature move along with learning things like Overheat and Rock Blast which is unusual for a Normal/Flying type. Gumshoos also has Stakeout which no other species shares which helps it stand out a bit. Typing isn’t everything haha.

Tbf it’s made up by that Toucannon has its own signature move along with learning things like Overheat and Rock Blast which is unusual for a Normal/Flying type. Gumshoos also has Stakeout which no other species shares which helps it stand out a bit. Typing isn’t everything haha.
Those are some great points, but that last bit is a pretty absurd misrepresentation/exaggeration of my post. I led with how I still liked (and used) both of those lines - but if I actually believed that "typing is everything," that wouldn't have been the case. I just found it refreshing that Gen VI shook up the "mono-Normal regional rodent and Normal/Flying regional bird" cliché and would've preferred to see more variations of that in Gen VII.

Whether or not Wooloo is our Gen VIII "rodent," I love its design, and I appreciate that it got the (previously-exclusive) Fluffy Ability, which is both useful and thematically appropriate. I would also prefer that its evolution (if it has one) gains a secondary type, especially with all these great Normal/Steel ideas being presented. Having a preference regarding one aspect of a Pokémon doesn't mean that's the ONLY factor you consider, of course.

Last edited:

DSDark

Breeder
Those are some great points, but that last bit is a pretty absurd misrepresentation/exaggeration of my post. I led with how I still liked (and used) both of those lines - but if I believed that "typing is everything," that wouldn't have been the case.

I love Wooloo's design, and I appreciate that it has the (previously-exclusive) Fluffy Ability, which is both useful and thematically appropriate. I would also prefer that its evolution (if it has one) gains a secondary type, especially with all these great Normal/Steel ideas being presented. Having a preference about one aspect of a Pokémon doesn't mean that's the ONLY factor you consider, of course.

We also had Falonflame in xy which was a truly epic regional bird once you had the hidden ability. So there is promise that the "regional bird" is going to be something different. I had prefer a different typing then normal/flying though. As the rodent we've seen that Wooloo is available on route 1 so the "rodent" might just be wooloo which again is perfectly fine.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Wooloo--@28-->Mythram

Mythram
The Steel Wool Pokemon.
Like it's Prevolution it's wool is highly sought after for the making of various wares. However while Wooloo's wool is used to make soft and comfortable items, Mythram's wool is used to make durable items. In the past it was used to make strong chain mail. In the present its wool is used in bulletproof vests.

DragonScale

But hey, at least we had a Bug/Electric regional bug in Gen VII rather than the typical Bug/Flying or Bug/Poison regional bug

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Both are most likely going on my team. Definitely Yamper because it’s so adorable.

Leonhart

Imagineer
lemoncatpower said:
I'm really hoping that Corviknight has a really cute first evolution, and really cute but ready to battle, although it'd probably remind me of a steel type rufflet lol. Anyone think it could be the regional bird?

I was thinking that it might be the regional bird back when it was first revealed, but now I'm not so sure. Something tells me that it might just be the Airmd (Skarmory) of Gen VIII, instead.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan