• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Speculation & Discussion Thread

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I’m hoping that Morpeko is somewhat viable. Togedemaru is arguably the best Pikachu clone as it has useable stats and nice options in STAB Zing Zap/Iron Head and cool utility moves like Wish, Spiky Shield, Fake Out, and U-Turn. Also liking that we’re still getting dual types since that’s been a aspect of them since Gen 5’s Emolga
A consistent trait with Pikaclones is that they always have at least one or two workable stats and it has an interesting ability to serve an interesting playstyle. From the looks of it, since the Pokemon has a "berserker" state, I'm expecting one of those workable stats to be offenses so It will probably have an above base average attack or above average base special attack around the 100s. Considering it seems to value offenses, I'm hoping it has some good speed but that full belly mode is giving me vibes that it will also have average speed but perhaps some utility in defenses.

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Maybe that's what it's signature move Obstruct is.
According to GameFreak, Obstagoon sounds like the exact opposite of Linoone's out-of-control fast nature and instead blocks the path way. It doesn't quite sound like counter but it sounds more like a variation of the move "Protect" as it sounds like this move is supposed to stand in the opponent's way somehow.

Dragon Pulse

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but I think on a certain “leak” they mentioned that Farfetch’d would get an evolution, whereas another said a regional variant. Could it be that it gets a new form plus an evolution like Linoone?

D

Deleted member 384931

Honestly I think Glarian forms is a lazy concept.
It is a repeat of Aloloan forms, because they did so well. Not anything new.
If they are going to give each Glarian form a new evolution and will be counted as a new evolution, makes me wonder how much evolution there are going to be. I also think the Glarian forms are used to say sorry for the whole Dexit fiasco. By giving old Pokémon new evolutions/types

Creyk

Honestly I think Glarian forms is a lazy concept.
It is a repeat of Aloloan forms, because they did so well. Not anything new.
If they are going to give each Glarian form a new evolution and will be counted as a new evolution, makes me wonder how much evolution there are going to be. I also think the Glarian forms are used to say sorry for the whole Dexit fiasco. By giving old Pokémon new evolutions/types
It is not a problem that "it's not anything new". In fact, the problem is they often come up with these amazing features (MEGA EVOLUTION, pokemon walking with you) and then abandon them the next generation, when it should just become a stable feature of the games from that point forwards. So it is good they at least continue with variants.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So the Kanto Pokemon being given Alolan forms and no one else being “testing waters” might have had some truth to it after all. Create a new concept and have Pokemon that are really well known like Kantonian Pokemon utilize it and if feedback is fantastic, branch out!

You could say this with Megas although even the creators implied to have not liked it during VGCs.
That and the fact that Sun & Moon came out on the year of Gen 1’s 20th anniversary (and essentially the entire franchise’s anniversary)

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I sure hope so as well. I could see it having an interesting and unique moveset, with moves like Scald, Sweet Scent and Aromatherapy.

I've wanted another if not more so a more "real elephant" for a while .... So on one side I too hope it's real.

But the whole 'teapot' element of it has me nervous. Hopefully it's a fun type combo and hopefully the design works well.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Have to say, I'm extremely grown into Morpeko. Yamper's evolution will be an ultimate decider for me to pick my Electric-type team member.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Oh wow! I'm positively surprised. Since he usually sues anything that homages KISS.
Yea just saw his comment via Newsweek and I was surprised by it and had the biggest smile on my face. Glad he was such a good sport about it.