• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Speculation & Discussion Thread

ShadowForce720

I’m kind of doubting we’re getting new Eeveelutions this. I feel like they would’ve been showcased by now as they’re bound to bring a lot of hype and they’re perfect for merchandise

Not necessarily, as back during Diamond and Pearl we didn't find out about Leafeon and Glaceon until after the games came out in Japan. Really when you look at it X&Y was the first and so far only case where they showed off the new Eeveelution before the games came out. So at this point it's still up in the air as to whether or not will get new Eeveelutions as they could easily have them revealed during the news cycle or have them be something we find out about after the game releases like probably through the datamines.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Not necessarily, as back during Diamond and Pearl we didn't find out about Leafeon and Glaceon until after the games came out in Japan. Really when you look at it X&Y was the first and so far only case where they showed off the new Eeveelution before the games came out. So at this point it's still up in the air as to whether or not will get new Eeveelutions as they could easily have them revealed during the news cycle or have them be something we find out about after the game releases like probably through the datamines.
I’m aware. That’s why I put “kind of”

You also have to consider how much more of a difference marketing is nowadays compared to back then. Plus the new Eeveelutions tend to be tied to new mechanics so I’d expect them to use that to tie into the potential mechanic

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It’s been awhile since the Shinx line got any love in the games. I think a Galarian Luxray would be cool but what type would fit it? I’m not on board with everyone that wats it to be Dark but I don’t know what else we could make it.

Yeah, same. The Dark type is tied with Dragon as my favorite, but I don't want it to feel like it's a majority of the regional forms again. It especially stank last gen where Incineroar was the only new regular Dark type we got; Rest were forms or Ultra Beasts....

I'd like some regional forms to have typings not seen yet, like a Water one. Or maybe one that gains Poison instead of starting off as one in the first place

derekrandall

I find it strange that no bug Pokémon have been shown off yet. Im curious to see what kind we get this generation. Im hoping for maybe 2-3 different lines this generation. I really want to see either a bug/dark type or a bug/ice type this generation.

I really want that bug/dragon yellow “dragon fly” looking leaked Pokémon from a few months back to be real. I don’t think it was ever officially outed as fake so I can still hope! It’s the first bug Pokemon I could actually see being on my main team.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Every generation I will always be wanting them to bring out new baby pokemon for Illumise/Volbeat, Tauros/Miltank, Solrock/Lunatone, and the pans although baby pokemon do nothing for any of the lines except potentially give them more moves that they could just give to the other stages but instead make it a tad more difficult to obtain by locking them in the baby's move lineup.

Kingudora

My favourite
I prefer Galarian forms that completely change the typing (instead of just adding on a typing), it makes it feel more special and unique, as well as an alternative to the regular form, rather than an improvement. For example, Alola Muk, there is very little reason to use regular Muk vs. Alola Muk.
Oh, absolutely. Alolan Muk also has more useful abilities than regular Muk. It seems it will be similar case with Galarian Weezing and regular Weezing.

Every generation I will always be wanting them to bring out new baby pokemon for Illumise/Volbeat, Tauros/Miltank, Solrock/Lunatone, and the pans although baby pokemon do nothing for any of the lines except potentially give them more moves that they could just give to the other stages but instead make it a tad more difficult to obtain by locking them in the baby's move lineup.
Another benefit of baby pokémon is that can make certain pokémon lines available earlier in the games. Budew is a perfect example of that. A Tauros/Miltank baby sounds like it would be fitting together with Wooloo early in the game.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
So the new news (redundant) that were announced as coming in the next few days were the Gamescon ones? (The new town)

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
So the new news (redundant) that were announced as coming in the next few days were the Gamescon ones? (The new town)

Nope. It mean pokemon twitter releasing a fact about an already revealed gen 8 pokemon every day.

Not to mention that all the facts so far have been things we already knew about them from their descriptions.

Julia Artemis

Hoping not Grass/Fairy because that x4 weakness to poison will be rough. But guessing Grookey will end up being a kind of shaman type Pokemon. Though if so that means no Oranguru ☹

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
Hoping not Grass/Fairy because that x4 weakness to poison will be rough. But guessing Grookey will end up being a kind of shaman type Pokemon. Though if so that means no Oranguru ☹
Not necessarily. Oranguru might be still in considering that Whimsicott is in the dex despite Eldegoss.

Leonhart

Imagineer
RedJirachi said:
Hoping Obstagoon isn't our only evolution for an old Pokemon. I'm wondering what Duraludon is exactly

I suspect that Eievui (Eevee) might get an evolution since Game Freak loves giving the Eievui line new members. Frankly, I'm surprising that Massuguma (Linoone) even received an evolved form since it's such a forgettable Pokemon to me even after its Galarian makeover.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Bunnelby/Diggersby are in despite Scorbunny being introduced so Oranguru has a chance

I doubt the flavor text of its ability to manipulate plant life means much since that’s a feature for a lot of Grass Types. Plus its name leads me to believe it’ll have a musical influence. Though they could intertwine the two: a rockstar who uses music to grow plants

DannyDark

I'd be really interested to see the movepool/stats of Galarian Zigzagoon and its line.
If it retains the egg moves of regular Zigzagoon, which I believe region variants have done so far(?), we could have an interesting, new Extreme Speed user.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.

That's basically my favorite idea... Sorta. A shaman-isk howler monkey that's Grass/Dark and uses it's stick/staff to manipulate plant life and other things.