• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Speculation & Discussion Thread

Kingudora

My favourite
I'd be really interested to see the movepool/stats of Galarian Zigzagoon and its line.
If it retains the egg moves of regular Zigzagoon, which I believe region variants have done so far(?), we could have an interesting, new Extreme Speed user.
So far, the regional variants have sorta kept the same egg movepools. If we ignore obvious additions/removals to egg movepools due to different typings (like Alolan Vulpix not having any Fire moves as egg moves and vice versa for regular Vulpix), the egg movepools are largely the same for regional variants. However, almost all of them have egg moves that aren't shared with the other form.

Some examples:
  • Regular Rattata can learn Screech, Flame Wheel and Last Resort by breeding while Alolan Rattata can not. Alolan Rattata can learn Snatch, Switcheroo, Stockpile and Swallow by breeding while regular Rattata can not.
  • Regular Sandshrew can learn Rock Climb by breeding while Alolan Sandshrew can not. Alolan Sandshrew can learn Curse and Amnesia by breeding while regular Sandshrew can not.
Having that said, I would say it's likely that Galarian Zigzagoon will be able to learn Extreme Speed by breeding as well. I feel like it would be a move that both forms can have, since their ways of battling are largely the same.

So if I'm right, Obstagoon could very much become a threat with Guts and moves like Extreme Speed and Sucker Punch.

One thing I would really like to see is a Pokemon based on Merlin. After all, this is the perfect region for such a thing to appear in. It would probably be Psychic-type, not sure about a dual type to go with it. It wouldn't be the first time we got a Pokemon based on a specific fictional character; just ask the Swords of Justice.

One idea I had recently was that this could be one of those legendary rivalries like Cresselia and Darkrai or Groudon and Kyogre. On one side you have a Pokemon based on Merlin, and on the other side you have one based on his greatest enemy, the witch Morgana. She'd definitely be either Dark or Ghost, and probably have Psychic as her other type to go with the whole witch theme.

Creyk

One thing I would really like to see is a Pokemon based on Merlin. After all, this is the perfect region for such a thing to appear in. It would probably be Psychic-type, not sure about a dual type to go with it. It wouldn't be the first time we got a Pokemon based on a specific fictional character; just ask the Swords of Justice..

Mr. Mime and Hoopa kinda work as a merlin-lite pokemon already.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
One thing I would really like to see is a Pokemon based on Merlin. After all, this is the perfect region for such a thing to appear in. It would probably be Psychic-type, not sure about a dual type to go with it. It wouldn't be the first time we got a Pokemon based on a specific fictional character; just ask the Swords of Justice.

One idea I had recently was that this could be one of those legendary rivalries like Cresselia and Darkrai or Groudon and Kyogre. On one side you have a Pokemon based on Merlin, and on the other side you have one based on his greatest enemy, the witch Morgana. She'd definitely be either Dark or Ghost, and probably have Psychic as her other type to go with the whole witch theme.
Maybe a Galarian form of Alakazam?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Maybe a Galarian form of Alakazam?

I really hope we don't have regional form trade Pokemon again. It's really annoying have to take a break from playing to post on forums and groups, hoping that somebody will respond to your trade request somewhere.... or get stuck taking some potentially terribly nicknamed one from GTS

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I really hope we don't have regional form trade Pokemon again. It's really annoying have to take a break from playing to post on forums and groups, hoping that somebody will respond to your trade request somewhere.... or get stuck taking some potentially terribly nicknamed one from GTS
I hope not either. Hope there's an option to trade for them in game like in Let's Go. Same goes for item trade evolution.

Reminder: in SM there is an NPC who trades you his Alolan Graveler for yours specifically so you can get Alolan Golem with no outside assistance.

Zoruagible

Reminder: in SM there is an NPC who trades you his Alolan Graveler for yours specifically so you can get Alolan Golem with no outside assistance.

That's what I meant by terribly nicknamed.
I'd like a trade system like Let's Go where it keeps it's basic name. Or.... just do what always should have been done, let the name delete remove nicknames from Trade Pokemon.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Still, most people prefer to have in their teams the pokémon they raised and trained through the game instead of giving that one out for a NPC one. It works for filling the dex, but not for the gamethrough itself.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
That's what I meant by terribly nicknamed.
I'd like a trade system like Let's Go where it keeps it's basic name. Or.... just do what always should have been done, let the name delete remove nicknames from Trade Pokemon.

Only if it lets you also remove the lack of a nickname.

Mewizard

I'm ready to see the Blue Seagull, According to the Leaker it's the best pokemon he'd seen.

I also wouldn't mind them revealing all the remaining pokemon and forms from the leak so that every new reveal will be a surprise. Also... Impidimp, Poor guys been out for so long and hasn't had a reveal.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..

Wait until somebody tries to be slick and doesn’t send it back through. Serebii.com can ban the user but they can only do so much. Breeding has become a faster process, but it’s still time consuming. And you just lost a No Guard 5V Adamant Lycanroc!

Ning

What I can’t figure out is with no Global Link for SwSh, what are they going to do in the few month interim between their launch and Home’s launch? Certainly they will have something to allow trading and battling. What though?

DSDark

Breeder
What I can’t figure out is with no Global Link for SwSh, what are they going to do in the few month interim between their launch and Home’s launch? Certainly they will have something to allow trading and battling. What though?

That information just won't be tracked. Global link doesn't allow for trading and battling. It allows for tracking and consolidating information.

Ning

It’s what’s used for tournaments and competitions though isn’t it? I know that’s not everyone’s cup of tea but it’s hard for me to imagine they won’t do any competitions for 3-4 months after release

Ning

Other problem with in game traded Pokémon, for me at least, is you can’t get them in any unique pokeballs. I like the Golem I have in a lure ball.

Relatedly, it’d be nice if they’d bring back all the old pokeballs to be obtainable in game. I.e. It’s not like it’s impossible to get a Pinsir in a sports ball, it’s just tedious and takes lots of browsing the GTS to find one to start breeding.

Zoruagible

Wait until somebody tries to be slick and doesn’t send it back through. Serebii.com can ban the user but they can only do so much. Breeding has become a faster process, but it’s still time consuming. And you just lost a No Guard 5V Adamant Lycanroc!

That kind of rule everywhere doesn't stop me worrying. I've got major trust issues after irl junk
Trade Pokemon + item simply need to go away, I never want another one.