1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

New Pokemon Speculation & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by shoz999, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Julia Artemis

Julia Artemis Well-Known Member

So I think Poketubers need a new trailer ASAP. Them passing off that very obvious fake final evo "leak" as a possibility is so pathetic. There not even close to the art style of Pokemon. Seriously just embarrassing

KenzeyEevee and wolf jani like this.
  2. Ignition

Ignition Obliterated a god with the power of friendship

Or we could just ignore them?

3. dss_live

dss_live Water and Fairy-type master

First off, i do not think those are in any way real.

But! It's not the first time people go "they look nothing like the artstyle of pokemon!" only for them to be actually real pokemon. So not a good way to measure credibility.

4. Mewizard

Mewizard Well-Known Member

I Can't blame them, We've been given so little to go off so they can't make videos consistently like they were able to do for Sun and Moon. When there's no more official info to go around but you still want to make/watch videos about the upcoming generation there's only Leaks left to discuss.

wolf jani likes this.
  5. Julia Artemis

It's funny though people complained in Sun/Moon that too much is revealed and now they're complaining not enough is being shown. And yeah I'd like to see a little more Pokemon shown there still a lot to talk about these games. Like how in Sun/Moon Alchemy (I mean Alcremie was the Pokemon to show off Gigantamax) is going to play a role in the games and there's definitely the language of flowers theory with characters. They're just being lazy and more interested in covering fanfics and larps

wolf jani likes this.
  6. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

This. I recall a lot of people using this exact argument for the real leaks of Decidueye, Primarina, and Incineroar being fakes. iirc, Joe also called them fake pretty quickly too.

Regardless, if the one we're talking about has the feminine Grookey evolution, it's definitely fake. Especially going off the Affleck leak. That Sobble evo doesn't have a spy theme, it's a knight. Grookey's isn't a Gorilla, it's a weird humanoid monkey, and it's pretty safe to say that the Affleck leak is pretty much all legitimate at this point.

TRNRLogan, wolf jani and anjunajake like this.
  7. Julia Artemis

Also in every translation of Grookey's name it has tempo in its name with percussion being it's main trait. Even it's English name probably is from the word "groove" so that art style makes literally no sense. I still think a feminine gorilla drummer is possible though

TRNRLogan and wolf jani like this.
  8. AgentKallus

AgentKallus A human person.

It's funny how people seem unable to comprehend that any group is made of multiple people who's views are never 100% aligned.

9. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

If they made a pokémon based on the Grey Heron, do you think it would be a Water/Flying Type because of how it’s usually found near ponds or either a Dark/Flying or a Water/Dark type since they’re vicious predators?

PokeMon2.0 and wolf jani like this.
  10. PokeMon2.0

PokeMon2.0 Cramorant is too cute for words!

Probably Water/Flying with a high Attack stat. I hope we get a heron sometime.

wolf jani likes this.
  11. Julia Artemis

Something is definitely up with Zacian and Zamazenta and it's typing. I'm starting to really believe the Fighting/Steel and Steel/Fighting theory and guessing when they Gigantamax they fuse together to fight Eternatus. There's been a bunch of rumors of another legendary Pokemon called Meteodyna which is rumored to be the legendary Pokemon that's depicted on the hill in the first trailer and can see it being the one behind the dynamax and gigantamax phenomena. Definitely getting a gen 4 meets gen 5 feeling with the legendary Pokemon and I guess Zygarde as well.

https://twitter.com/CentroPokemon/status/1168649703501832192?s=19

wolf jani likes this.
  12. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

Having Ice-type regional variants of Rockruff/Lycanroc (based on Arctic wolves) could lead to lore about them being used to rescue people in cold areas.

anjunajake and wolf jani like this.
  13. paipr_christian

paipr_christian grass type fan.

If we are gonna get any artic wolves, we don't need it to be a regional variant. Specially of a line that had three forms in it's home region.

14. Julia Artemis

So looking more into the name origins of Zacian and Zamazenta they seem to be influenced by printing color wheel. Zacian is Cyan and Zamazenta is magenta. So there will probably be a third yellow legendary as well as a new trio that's probably Grass (or Bug), Fire and Water representing green, red and blue which are various combinations of the three primary colors and probably part Dragon or fairy. Which means the is the big bad evil legendary of this game Eternatus which are all of the combinations of color. Honestly like this theory more than my first one and probably is way more accurate

wolf jani likes this.
  15. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Well-Known Member

So we've finally met the "albatross that spits out a barracuda" Pokemon from the Affleck leak, and Cramorant seems pretty sweet. I like that it's based on a cormorant, in my home town here in England, cormorants are fairly common on the beaches and in my local harbour, plus they're better than seagulls because they don't pester you, so I'm happy that there's now a Pokemon based on them. Depending on its stats, I'd say Cramorant will likely be my go-to Water-type in the Galar region if I end up not liking Sobble's final evolution and/or if Dreadnaw comes too late in the game (normally I like to have my whole team put together before the fourth or fifth gym).

Ophie and wolf jani like this.
  16. I love Polteageist, especially as the first Ghost-type this gen. Its description is intriguing; it can multiply by adding its essence to regular teapots that still have tea in them, so it gets treates as a pest.

I wish it had a better ability though; weak armor doesn't do much for me.

Ophie and wolf jani like this.
  17. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

I'm surprised about the Teapot Pokemon. I made a suggestion about that some time ago and they actually did it lol.

wolf jani likes this.
  18. PokeMon2.0

PokeMon2.0 Cramorant is too cute for words!

Can I just say how much I love Cramorant? It's like the long lost inbred child of Ducklett and Pelipper which gives it a charm I really enjoy.

19. Wulava

Wulava Chuffed to bits Staff Member Moderator

I like Cramorant and its face. It seems like the type of Pokemon that will chase you around.
    Also, that fish is surely a new Pokemon.

The teapot is finally revealed. I wonder if it's Rose's main.

20. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

I feel like that's the sort of Pokemon where you see an army of them sitting near the pier... staring at you... waiting for you to grab a piece of food, planning their next move to take it.

wolf jani likes this.