• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Speculation & Discussion Thread

I actually love Polteageist, it's animation a lot of personallity, and seems to fit with the "England" theme of the region, also, the whole spirit on a teapot looks a lot like the old spirit/Djinn on the lamp. I don't see why the hate of inanimated object as Ghost Type, they have been allways spirits/Yokai (More than most Pokemon type), and Tsukumogami (Tools that have acquired a kami or spirit) are a special category of Yokai that we have in Pokemon since Gen3:
Gen 3 Shuppet is a teru teru bōzu, Banette is a possessed doll.
Gen 4: Drifloon and Drifblim are baloons (Sadly no red to reference IT) (I'm not goint to count Spiritomb since is more myth based)
Gen 5: Yamask and Cofagrigus also have enphasys in possession, Lilwick line are based on a hidotama that uses and evolves in diferents ways of take fire to illuminate a place (Haunted candles and chandeliers are a clasics). (Not counting Golet for being more myth based than object possesed).
Gen 6: Honedge also explain by itself, while Pumpkaboo and Phantump are more organic and have a more folkloric roots, is still possession.
Gen 7: Shift a little, as is more "X spirit possess Y and use Z ", as Dhelmise is the seaweed using the anchor/wheel, and Sandygast/Palossand are sand spirits using the shovel.

Btw, i fear thar alcreamine sprite is going to be awefull, i blame it ans it's Giga for the Dex problem.

ChavaWM

Polteageist... Ow. It hurts. And it's ACTUALLY tea. What, is it going to evolve into a chamber pot full of urine? How many food & beverage Pokemon is this gen going to give us? It's a cute design, I just hate that they're wasting one of the new ghost-type slots on an freakin teapot. Sigh. [/salt] Cramorant is plenty fine.
I don't think the tea pot is the po
Has this been discussed?

zuyPZdA.png

It's from the shot of the port city where Nessa's Gym is located in the recent Direct (0:19).
It's a statue, but of which Pokemon?
I get almost lizardy vibes from one of them, maybe the rumored intelleon?

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Has this been discussed?

zuyPZdA.png

It's from the shot of the port city where Nessa's Gym is located in the recent Direct (0:19).
It's a statue, but of which Pokemon?

I see three possibilities.
1. Based on an actual Pokemon that's gonna look very edgy.
2. Some sort of artistic abstract art.
3. Due to the angle and distance we aren't seeing the "real" shape.

If it's the first that's gonna be one crazy looking Pokemon.

My thing with the Gen VIII pokémon so far is that, while I like almost all of them, at the same time they are not giving me the "I want to have this guy on my team so bad!" feeling that Gen VII kept giving me with every new reveal (only Grookey got this response from me now).

At this point in 2016 I was having problems trimming down the Alolan pokémon I wanted in my team to just 6. For SwSh so far only Grookey and Drednaw got a place in my team (and probably Impidimp).
agreed, i played through gen 7 3 times (one with each starter!) and was happy with all of my teams

Apparently there 's going to be at least 40 forms. Its Gigantamax form also showcases stars and ribbons as theoretically possible decorations, which would bump it to 56 forms if those exist.

also, 40 alcreamie types sounds awesome! might be a bit too much to collect them all, but so many options!

Julia Artemis

Those statues of the Pokemon at the docks of the city with Nessa's gym looks kind of like a dagon. Very Eldritch horror looking. I wonder if it could be Sobble's final evo

ShadowForce720

Could those freaky things/statues/whatever mean that we're getting new Ultra Beasts or another subset of Pokemon like the UBs? (Please not)

It's definitely a possibility, however until we actually see them come out of a Ultra Wormhole, or it's specifically specified that they are Ultra Beast I'm just going to assume that there non UB pokemon.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Controversial opinion but I actually love object and food pokemon. So far I have loved them all.

I always hate them at first and they always grow on me after about 48 hours lmao. I hated ghostea or whatever it’s called but after seeing it in motion it makes you really appreciate the fact that Pokémon are no longer immobile sprites that just sit there menacingly staring at each other. It’s actually really cool

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I've always been partial to defense, so I personally would rather not sacrifice defense for speed.

Fair enough! More of a Curse kind of player?

like both new pokemon. the teapot one has a creative little backstory. it was totally expected we'd have a teapot pokemon. im still waiting on a new deer though. im still annoyed that they passed over corsola having aloan forms. there are so many coral species i dont know why they dont take advantage of them. i want to see a powerful deer with a prince of the forest vibe/kind of thing.

Well, there's Xerneas.

Controversial opinion but I actually love object and food pokemon. So far I have loved them all.

I've always been a fan of the more goofy and bizarre designs for Pokémon over the cool, tough, or cute ones, though the goofy and bizarre can, of course, combine with those. Cacturne, for instance, manages to be goofy and menacing at the same time.

But yeah, when you get Pokémon themed on inanimate objects, they tend toward that category I like the most. As a result, I've always been fond of them, right from the start with the Magnemite and Voltorb lines.

SueChef

Old dog, new tricks!
The most noticeable decoration missing from the Alcremie forms known so far, is the yellow star at the base of its Giga form. What would you think if the Star form, with yellow eyes, was the shiny varient and you then had to collect up to 8 shiny varients to have one for each known meringue?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Of the two new Pokemon, Pottodesu (Polteageist) is my favorite since it looks fascinating and I guess it might be the pre-evolved form of that other teapot-looking Pokemon that we saw in one of the trailers a while back. I think that U'u (Cramorant) has a rather goofy design and I dislike its type combination, but it could presumably be related to the regional bird Pokemon.

Miar

Wigglytuff Guild recruit
Okay, being completely serious here. Cramorant is the best Pokemon so far this gen.

What? I like derpy birds. We all like Psyduck, right?
Even its Japanese name is derpy (something like Oo-oo)
Corviknight's cool and all, but no amount of superior stats is going to make me pick it over the one that can KO enemies by spitting a FISH at them.

Fair enough! More of a Curse kind of player?

Not exactly. There are a few types of moves I never touch, including moves that serve no purpose but to boost my own stats. I'd rather attack on both Turn 1 and Turn 2 than spend Turn 1 powering up so my attack on Turn 2 is stronger.

The closest thing to that I ever use are healing moves like Recover.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
So, looking at the current species:

*Polteageist's weight is 0.4 kg, which was previously unused, and its height is 0.2 m, which is the same as Klefki and Ribombee. We know it uses Shadow Ball and a draining move, presumably Giga Drain. Considering its height and weight, its BST will probably be around 470-475 range, and because it has Weak Armor, it will have high Defense and at most around 60-70 base Speed.

*Cramorant's weight is 18.0 kg and its height is 0.8 m. While it is somewhat long, that is purely due to its wingspan, as that is what is counted as height for Flying-types. Its weight is the same as Basculin, so chances are its stats will be close, around 460-470 range, less than Swanna's 473, which might get buffed this gen and certainly much less than Mantine's 485. Since it is primary Flying, it will likely get moves such as Brave Bird and Hurricane, but since its Ability requires it to have Surf or Dive, it will likely be the first Pokémon to learn Surf through Level Up.

Neither species will clearly evolve or have a pre-evo(Polteageist is far too tiny to have a pre-evo), and both are too goofy to have Gigantamax forms.