• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Speculation & Discussion Thread

sketchersmeargle

I do hope that the fish Cramorant throws is a Pokemon, most likely since it's too designed not to be.

With that I must say that it is unlikely a barracuda and most likely a Pike/Muskelunge

Esox_lucius1.jpg

It's side patterns also to me look Sturgeon like

Atlantic-sturgeon-species-Baltic-International-Union-for-1996.jpg

9_4_cramorant_1.jpg

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Maybe that fish is just "part" of Cramorant, and not real new Pokemon, it looks lifeless kinda.
Maybe it's like Kangaskhan.

ShadowForce720

Maybe that fish is just "part" of Cramorant, and not real new Pokemon, it looks lifeless kinda.
Maybe it's like Kangaskhan.

Probably not considering the only time Cramorant has the fish is when it has just used Surf or Dive it's unlikely that the fish is just a part of Cramorant, where as Kangaskhan always has it's baby with it. As for the fish looking lifeless if you go back and look at the old Mantine game sprits that show a Remoraid with it a similar argument could be made that the Remoraid looks lifeless.

Also the fish looks a bit to detailed to not be a new pokemon, sure it's not that complicated of a design for the fish pokemon but it doesn't look that generic like they could have gone. Plus considering that it seems to be Cramorants prey, it would make a bit more sense for the fish pokemon to be an actual pokemon rather then just a "prop".

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I think the fish will probably be a new pokemon. I could see a storyline where the fish evolves and they go after Cramorant for always trying to eat them lol.

CMButch

Probably not considering the only time Cramorant has the fish is when it has just used Surf or Dive it's unlikely that the fish is just a part of Cramorant, where as Kangaskhan always has it's baby with it. As for the fish looking lifeless if you go back and look at the old Mantine game sprits that show a Remoraid with it a similar argument could be made that the Remoraid looks lifeless.

Also the fish looks a bit to detailed to not be a new pokemon, sure it's not that complicated of a design for the fish pokemon but it doesn't look that generic like they could have gone. Plus considering that it seems to be Cramorants prey, it would make a bit more sense for the fish pokemon to be an actual pokemon rather then just a "prop".

Why didn't they introduce it then? They introduced two Pokemon but showed that fish, which I believe it's part of bird or like you said a prop.Also, it does look lifeless with an eyes like it's a toy or prop.

Ning

It’s hard to tell how old that footage was. It could’ve been months old and they just now showed it.

Relatedly, that’s probably how they decided which Pokémon they’ve decided to show off. (Excluding ones like Pikachu and Charizard which I’m sure they made sure to get done). It’s just which ones had their animations and models mostly done.

Have non-Pokémon animals ever been shown in a game before? Another reason I think the fish is a Pokémon.

SurrealistSmeargle

While I'm fairly on-the-fence about whether the fish is its own pokemon or not, does it seem meaningful that Serebii has bothered to include it as such on its Gen8 Pokemon page? I recall in the past there was an idea that Joe had some connections which allowed them to verify things, and avoid posting anything which could be misleading or untrue, so I don't know if it's precence in the list could be considered an indication towards it being its own pokemon. It does seem odd that they wouldn't reveal it at the same time as Cramorant though.

ShadowForce720

Why didn't they introduce it then? They introduced two Pokemon but showed that fish, which I believe it's part of bird or like you said a prop.Also, it does look lifeless with an eyes like it's a toy or prop.

Because there not ready to introduce it yet. Also this isn't the first time we've seen a pokemon but not have it revealed, for instance there is the pokemon that came out of Chairman's rose pokeball that is still unrevealed. Also let's not forget the fact that even though we saw Impidimp in the same demo as Yamper we still haven't had an official reveal of Impidimp yet. Just because it's coming out of Cramorant's mouth when that pokemon uses it's ability that doesn't mean it's a prop. Also may I remind you that if you go back and look at the old game sprite for Mantine it had a Remoraid in it's sprite and in those sprits the Remoraid looked life less or like a prop but it was a separate pokemon.

Sure it would have been nice if they revealed the fish pokemon now however Gamefreak is under no obligation to have to reveal now. It could just be a of them not being ready to reveal the pokemon yet, as maybe the plan to reveal with it's evolution or it has a new ability that there not ready to reveal yet. Either way looking at the amount of detail in the fish while it isn't the most complicated design it looks way to detailed though to just be a prop. Plus I'm pretty sure that if you go through the pokedex you can find a couple of pokemon that look lifeless and like they are props or toys even though they are pokemon.

CMButch

Because there not ready to introduce it yet. Also this isn't the first time we've seen a pokemon but not have it revealed, for instance there is the pokemon that came out of Chairman's rose pokeball that is still unrevealed. Also let's not forget the fact that even though we saw Impidimp in the same demo as Yamper we still haven't had an official reveal of Impidimp yet. Just because it's coming out of Cramorant's mouth when that pokemon uses it's ability that doesn't mean it's a prop. Also may I remind you that if you go back and look at the old game sprite for Mantine it had a Remoraid in it's sprite and in those sprits the Remoraid looked life less or like a prop but it was a separate pokemon.

Sure it would have been nice if they revealed the fish pokemon now however Gamefreak is under no obligation to have to reveal now. It could just be a of them not being ready to reveal the pokemon yet, as maybe the plan to reveal with it's evolution or it has a new ability that there not ready to reveal yet. Either way looking at the amount of detail in the fish while it isn't the most complicated design it looks way to detailed though to just be a prop. Plus I'm pretty sure that if you go through the pokedex you can find a couple of pokemon that look lifeless and like they are props or toys even though they are pokemon.

I see, maybe that fish will be Pokemon, maybe not, maybe it's just part of the bird. I am going with part of that bird. If it's new Pokemon, do you think maybe evolution will something with Camorant? Like Slowpoke/Shellder( I mean just because in games Slowpoke and Shellder don't evolve, doesn't mean there won't that type of evolution in games, as you can see games is taking shots from anime)?

ShadowForce720

I see, maybe that fish will be Pokemon, maybe not, maybe it's just part of the bird. I am going with part of that bird. If it's new Pokemon, do you think maybe evolution will something with Camorant? Like Slowpoke/Shellder( I mean just because in games Slowpoke and Shellder don't evolve, doesn't mean there won't that type of evolution in games, as you can see games is taking shots from anime)?

It's possible, although I'm not sure if it will need Camorant to evolve. Looking at the other cases of how Remoraid and Shellder work when it came to them even though they had a relationship with Mantine and Slowpoke respectively they didn't need those pokemon to evolve into their respective evolutions instead it was the other way around where Mantine's pre-evolution Mantyke needs a Remoraid in the party to evolve and when it comes to Slowpoke lore wise it needs Shellder to evolve into Slowbro or Slowking. The only reason I think they probably didn't have Slowpoke need Shellder in the party to evolve in the games was probably do to game limitations at the time, however if Slowpoke and Shellder had been introduce in a later generation then I think it would have worked similar to Mantyke in that Slowpoke would need a Shellder in the party to evolve.

Impidimp would like a word with you. As would a squirrel and teapot elephant.

Just because they haven't officially introduced it yet doesn't mean it isn't its own species.

SurrealistSmeargle

Impidimp would like a word with you. As would a squirrel and teapot elephant.

Just because they haven't officially introduced it yet doesn't mean it isn't its own species.
To be fair, neither of these are analagous situations. This fish is in official artwork, but has otherwise gone completely unaddressed. This is different to Impidimp. There's no question that it is a pokemon, since it is in a playable demo, and therefore confirmed as an existing pokemon in a different-but-equally-concrete way to every pokemon revealed via the official website. And the teapot elephant should barely count, as it clearly wasn't intended to be featured, they just cut the footage such that you could make out its rough shape by going frame-by-frame. This may have been unintentional, or more likely it was intended purely to drive speculation, but it's not the same as the fish, where the opportuntity to confirm it as a pokemon was clearly available to them, but they just declined to do so.

SurrealistSmeargle

Squirrel and teapot elephant? Huh?
There are images of squirrel-like-creatures on multiple NPC's clothing, which is expected to be a new squirrel pokemon, but has yet to be confirmed.
In one of the trailers, when Chairman Rose throws a pokeball, a pokemon which appears to be an elephant made of porcelain, and so appearing as a teapot, can be seen emerging from the pokeball in the final frame of the scene.