1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

New Pokemon Speculation & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by shoz999, Jun 6, 2019.

1. CMButch

CMButch Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

Can you show me a link or picture? I'd like to see it.

2. SurrealistSmeargle

SurrealistSmeargle Well-Known Member

wolf jani and CMButch like this.
  3. There's also an image of the squirrel itself in the audience at a gym.

wolf jani likes this.
  4. paipr_christian

paipr_christian grass type fan.

......how on Earth does that look like it's made from porcelain?

Ill agree with it's shape seeing very elephant like. And I'm hopeful it is in fact an elephant ( a /Water and/or /Fire one would be awesome at that).

But I cannot understand the obsession with saying it's a teapot elephant or this claim it "appear to be made of porcelain".

5. SurrealistSmeargle

SurrealistSmeargle Well-Known Member

Admittedly, from memory, it looked more like that than when I review the actual picture. And it's not porcelain, but its orange colour is somewhat clay-like, and the angle at which the snout of its trunk bends looks very rigid, which I think it what gave people a teapot vibe, especially prior to us having an actual teapot pokemon. Looking at it more closely now though, it looks more like the end of the trunk is curled in like a cinnamon bun, than jutting out like a spout, so it may well be more of a straight-forward elephant than its generally been given credit for.

paipr_christian and wolf jani like this.
  6. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

In my opinion the fish is 100% going to be a new Pokemon. Why create it just to be a projectile for Cramorant, when they could have used a pre-existing fish Pokemon. Plus the fish Cramorant uses have to come from somewhere, meaning they have to live somewhere in nature.
    I honestly don't understand the position of it not being a Pokemon. What else it is supposed to be? Somebody tried to compare it to the Slowbro situation, but that doesn't work because Shellder is a Pokemon.
    As to why they haven't revealed it together with Cramorant...well they haven't revealed Impidimp officially yet either. They probably want us to guess about it.

7. chickenperson

chickenperson Member

I wonder if it'll be like the Shedninja situation where evolving Cramorant gives you two Pokemon, a bird evo and a fish.

8. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

That still wouldn't work, because unless the fish is living inside Cramorant, it has to come from somewhere.

wolf jani likes this.
  9. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

[​IMG]

Who else can't wait to onion-slap Pokemon in the face?

PokeMon2.0 and wolf jani like this.
  10. Beloberto

Beloberto Bug Catcher

Since the website description mentions Sirfetch'd dueling with Escavalier, my hopeful bet is that its Shield counterpart will be a nimble warrior that rivals Accelgor.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  11. Missingno.Fan

Missingno.Fan Well-Known Member

So if Sirfetch’d is exclusive to Sword, what’s exclusive to Shield?

TRNRLogan likes this.
  12. Lion Demon

Lion Demon Fairy Type Champion

I personally believe it will be a Chatot evolution.

13. Jadgirl04

Jadgirl04 Lilac Dungeoneer

Sirfetch'd seems like a strange choice to be Sword-exclusive. It does have a sword, but it also has a shield...? It's never been version exclusive before now either so there's no hint as to what pokemon may be a counter Shield-exclusive. Looking at Farfetch'd appearances in the core series, the only pokemon it's been vaugely paired with is Spearow, through trades in RBG and FRLG. Spearow and Fearow haven't been shown yet, but I don't think that's enough for them to be the partner to Farfetch'd.

Has there been times in the past where a new pokemon has been a version-exclusive "rival" with an older pokemon?

I'm interested to see more version exclusives though, or even more information on Zacian and Zamazenta (even their types I'm desperate .n. ). There's not been a lot of differences revealed yet aside from the gyms, I still haven't even picked a version yet

TRNRLogan and wolf jani like this.
  14. flygon1509

flygon1509 Well-Known Member

Sword-exclusive weapon-wielding Sirfetch'd evolves from a single stage pokemon that entirely changes its typing, so maybe its counterpart would be a Dragon Dunsparce evo?

15. Golden_Arcanine

Golden_Arcanine Well-Known Member

One would have to assume that it's shield-themed, wouldn't you?

TRNRLogan likes this.
  16. UltimateNinja

UltimateNinja ~Ice Cold~

Counterpart for Sirfetch'd should be a Delibird evolution since both are weak flying types.

But I think it also could be a Dunsparce evolution, especially if it becomes part Dragon so they can go the Knight vs Dragon route.
    Preferable typing would be Ghost/Dragon.

Chatot from the leak could also work.

wolf jani likes this.
  17. flygon1509

flygon1509 Well-Known Member

But Sirfetch'd has a sword AND a shield, so I guess it doesn't have to correspond with the game title. I simply think about a knight vs. dragon theme.

wolf jani likes this.
  18. Munchy

Munchy =)

Sirfetch'd's Shield counterpart will obviously be an evolution for Shuckle, to even further boost its defenses with whatever shield it'll have.

Nah, honestly, another weak bird like Delibird or Chatot (as mentioned here) getting an evo would be cool to see. I also like the knight vs dragon idea, so Dragon-type Dunsparce or something would be very much welcome. I can't see us NOT getting something in Shield to correspond to Sirfetch'd in Sword.

I've also seen speculation of Sirfetch'd being a potential Pokémon for Bea, so a Ghost-type regional evolution for Allister could also be cool. And it could be anything really, seeing how Normal/Flying became pure Fighting in this situation.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  19. Dragalge

Dragalge Arctozolt

What makes Chatot a candidate for a defensive based Galarian evolution? There’s no shields of sorts on it!

wolf jani likes this.
  20. mysticalglacia

mysticalglacia Alola Shill

I could see Chatot’s eighth note head becoming sharper (...haha) as a sort of sword-like attribute. Though that’d make it more fitting for Sword, and you’re right in that there’s not really any obvious place where a shield could be. Maybe they could go for a sort of ‘opposite’ theme (think Reshiram & Zekrom).