• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Speculation & Discussion Thread

IcySealeo

Am I the only one who doesn't like that Sirfetch'd's sword is so tall? They really didn't have to do that...

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Am I the only one who doesn't like that Sirfetch'd's sword is so tall? They really didn't have to do that...

It's only so tall because it's a lance not a sword...
Spectacular_Jousting_Caerlaverock.jpg

IcySealeo

It's only so tall because it's a lance not a sword...
Oh, got it. Still, I don't like it.

And I still don't get the need to make it Galar-exclusive. There's nothing wrong with making it a normal evolution, and thinking about the next generation - that might be better for them.

Last edited:

Sabre_King

I am definitely satisfied with today’s reveal; it may have only been one Pokémon but definitely a good one to add. I’m curious why it dropped the flying typing I’m guessing it has to do with how heavy it has now become. Stat wise I hope it gets at least a 100 base stat increase with a focus being on its attack stat. I wonder how many battles need to be completed to obtain this Pokémon if that’s the actual new evolution method. Also if this is exclusive to sword I wonder what gets exclusive to shield?

Sarefan

Hylden General.
SirFetch'd is so smug I love it. I'm really wanting to use one in my playthrough. God, my team is almost completed Arceusdarnit...

Got Sobble, Yamper, Corvknight, Impdimp, Sirfetch'd and G. Weezing atm. Although, SirFetch'd will probably go to reserves and Impdimp too, if he doesn't evolve. That's only 3 spots left :(

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Me - SirFetch'd. First Impression.
Fan - Oh. Well. My first impressions is that I think the design looks awesome and wait a minute. Why did you say that sentence like a command and not a questio-OH NO! WAIT! I'M NOT READY!
Me - SirFetch'd! FIRST IMPRESSION! HAHAHA!

I was a bit skeptical towards the pixelated art but I really like how Sirfetch'd turned out in the end.
I like that the evolution pretty much stays the same body wise, just turning white with a little more style, and that the main parts that "evolve" are the tools.
Speaking of the tools, I love how the shield is just the top of the leek that was cut off to make the sword(or rather lance) sharper.

I don't mind the full type change. The design and thematic transitions aren't particularly big and the evolution feels natural even if the type change looks drastic in isolation. It, or the leek, has gotten a lot heavier, and both of its wings are preoccupied, so losing Flying makes sense. Part Normal has always been a weird typing when the Pokémon has a strong affinity towards its other type.
As for the possibility of a Fighting or Fighting/Flying Galarian Farfetch'd to bridge the type gap I find that unlikely. As mentioned without the tools Sirfetch'd just looks like a white Farfetch'd so there isn't a lot of room for a Galarian Farfetch'd without just making it Sirfetch'd again but with smaller tools.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Interesting that the Japanese trailer shows a Sirfetch'd charging at Obstagoon. Unstoppable force (Meteor Assault) meets an immovable object (Obstruct)?

I think Long reach could work for Sirfetch'd's hidden ability as it's leek is ...uh... long.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
So smug, I love it already, first time since Corviknight that I immediately liked a new Pokemon tbh. Doesn't seem like Sirfetch'd are cooked with their weapons like Farfetch'd - that'd be an unfortunate way to retire. Now all we need is the Shield counterpart.

Last edited:

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Thought of a Dunsparce evolution concept that would also bring one of my favorites to Galar:

Dunserpe
Wicked Viper Pokémon
Type: Dragon/Ghost
Dex entries:
- Dunserpe are a vicious species native to Galar and will attack humans on sight. Wild Drampa always rush to protect targeted children, thus the two pokémon have been long enemies.
- Children and elderly at the fields of Galar always carry a whistle around their neck. At the first sight of Dunserpe malevolent eyes amidst the grass, they will blow it with all their might crying for help.

Oh, got it. Still, I don't like it.

And I still don't get the need to make it Galar-exclusive. There's nothing wrong with making it a normal evolution, and thinking about the next generation - that might be better for them.
It being Galar exclusive is probably just a way to justify the fact it never could evolve before. Apparently the evolution method will be "win a certain amount of battles", something that Farfetch'd could perfectly do before in any region, but by adding "in Galar" they solve the problem.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
It being Galar exclusive is probably just a way to justify the fact it never could evolve before
Do they really care about justifying said fact? Pokemon like Dunsparce should get evolutions regardless because they need them to be viable.

Do they really care about justifying said fact? Pokemon like Dunsparce should get evolutions regardless because they need them to be viable.
Judging by past cross-generational evolutions I'm pretty sure they do care to some extent. Almost all of them had requirements that you were not able to fulfill in the generations before said cross-gen evolution was introduced. From the top of my head Lickilicki and Mamoswine are the only exceptions, as their pre-evolutions could access the moves required to evolve them through tutor and breeding in earlier generations respectively.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Check that out:

EUqdnP.png

Only 144 HP for level 60. That is quite low for an evolution, as Farfetch'd base HP stat (52) gets 159 if IV's flawless. I'm assuming we're not going to have different stat spread for Sirfetch'd, but an extreme Attack and Defense stat boosts while the other stats will remain the same, maybe a slight exception for a reduced Speed stat.

NzSP8R.png

135 and 125-130 for Attack and Defense respectively is something I'd welcome.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Check that out:

EUqdnP.png

Only 144 HP for level 60. That is quite low for an evolution, as Farfetch'd base HP stat (52) gets 159 if IV's flawless. I'm assuming we're not going to have different stat spread for Sirfetch'd, but an extreme Attack and Defense stat boosts while the other stats will remain the same, maybe a slight exception for a reduced Speed stat.

NzSP8R.png

135 and 125-130 for Attack and Defense respectively is something I'd welcome.

Assuming 0 EVs/IVs as that is the standard for demonstrations, Sirfetch'd would have 62 base HP.

For calculation:
62*2=124

124*60=7440

7440/100=74, rounded.

74+60+10=144.

Formula is here.

IcySealeo

Judging by past cross-generational evolutions I'm pretty sure they do care to some extent. Almost all of them had requirements that you were not able to fulfill in the generations before said cross-gen evolution was introduced. From the top of my head Lickilicki and Mamoswine are the only exceptions, as their pre-evolutions could access the moves required to evolve them through tutor and breeding in earlier generations respectively.

And two excrptions are enough to show that it doesn't matter. And it seems like they never think about future generations: They've ditched Mega Evolutions so we can't get them in the near (and maybe far) future, we don't know if we will get Alolan forms and how a Pokemon like Pikachu is going to evolve into Alolan Raichu, seasons have been abandoned so we can't get other forms of Deerling, back in Gen III there was no day and light so you couldn't get Umbreon and Espeon, and there are other cases with Milotic, Shellos and more.

They think of a one-generation gimick but they don't take into account what they are going to do with it in the future. So all I'm saying is that they should have just make Sirfetch'd a regular evolution for Farftch'd and make a special item to make it evolve.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Since we have the stages of the new Galarian Pokémon confirmed, I can make stat speculations. Each Pokémon is compared to a relative counterpart:

Whimsicott: 60/67/85/77/75/116, BST: 480
Eldegoss: 60/70/80/110/100/65, BST: 485

Eldegoss is essentially the same Pokémon as Whimsicott, but more defensively oriented. It has 5 more BST due to recent power creep, which will be the theme for the rest of the list.

Carracosta: 74/108/133/83/65/32, BST: 485
Dreadnaw: 70/120/100/60/90/50, BST: 490
Gigantamax Dreadnaw: 70/145(+25)/150(+50)/70(+10))/115(+25)/40(-10), BST: 590

Dreadnaw is physically oriented exclusively, unlike Carracosta, and unlike it, it has an actual Speed that can work with Shell Smash. Gigantamax Dreadnaw is given Mega-like stats (+100 BST boost), like the other Gigantamax forms here will be given.

Talonflame: 78/81/71/74/69/126, BST: 499
Corviknight: 80/100/110/60/85/70, BST: 500
Gigantamax Corviknight: 80/130(+30)/140(+30)/60(--)/115(+30)/80(+10), BST: 600

Corviknight due to its sheer size and weight finally crashes the 500 BST ceiling, but fails to make much head. Due to its BST limitation, it will need its Gigantamax Form to unleash its true power.

Swirlix: 82/80/86/85/75/72, BST: 480
Alcremie: 75/60/72/108/100/70, BST: 485
Gigantamax Alcremie: 75/60(--)/107(+35)/138(+30)/135(+35)/70(--), BST: 585

Alcremie is a min-maxed Swirlix essentially. Due to its gimmick it doesn't have a substantially high BST.

Pallosand: 85/75/110/100/75/35, BST: 480
Polteageist: 50/55/125/110/95/55, BST: 490

Polteageist does not seem to have a Gigantamax form for now, so I gave it more generous stats. It is still weaker than Gengar, obviously, as it is only two-stages. Because it is tiny, its HP is incredibly low.