• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Speculation & Discussion Thread

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I'm all for a proper mammoth (which Mamoswine isn't) but I'm not sure ripping off another game is exactly the best means to that end. There's plenty of unique things you can do with a mammoth. I actually think a mammoth is a reasonable candidate for an Ice/Fire type due to their coloration and thick fur. Perhaps those features could be extrapolated on, and a Pokemon based on a mammoth with fiery fur and ice-covered tusks could be a thing.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
It just hit me about that 24 hour stream, is it to show off how many Pokemon could exist in one area not from the Wild Area.?

Sabre_King

I would like to see a poison/electric Pokémon that’s based around a reptile. I’m leaning more towards a snake or lizard to be what the Pokémon could be based on. I just know that new type representation to the electric types would be nice I feel like we get to many mono electric types and not enough with a dual typing

XaelOstigian

Competitive...kinda
I kinda want another spider pokemon. At first I thought a bright red spider with Fire typing would be cool, but then I had a really creative idea for a Psychic type spider that has a dream-catcher theme. Like, it's web is actually a dream-catcher which it uses to ensnare negative dreams for it to consume. Also, I had a thought you could slap it with the Speed Boost ability in tangent with learning Stored Power, which would be a cool stall strategy to accrue speed and offense the longer it stays in. It would even have Bug STAB to counter the Dark types!

mozao

this wasn't in my horoscope
what is your favorite gen 8 Pokémon as of yet? mine is Yamper, it's just so adorable while still having a cool design. I hope it looks like a Shisa when it evolves (Shisa are derived from chinese lions but look a lot like bearded dogs). I guess it can stay pure Electric.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
For me, it's Scorbunny.

And if it does turn out to be Fire/Fighting, then I'm definitely naming it for one of the Long Patrol. Eulalia!
THAT IS BRILLIANT. I love Redwall, why didn't I think of that? I wasn't sure what to name my Scorbunny until now... I just needed to open up the books and find a fitting name. Thanks a bundle! (I'm thinking Tammo...)

But uh, back on topic, I hope we see more heraldic- or Celtic/Welsh-mythos-inspired 'mon before release.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
what is your favorite gen 8 Pokémon as of yet? mine is Yamper, it's just so adorable while still having a cool design. I hope it looks like a Shisa when it evolves (Shisa are derived from chinese lions but look a lot like bearded dogs). I guess it can stay pure Electric.
It’s probably Scorbunny or Obstagoon. Scorbunny for my typical Fire starter love and Obstagoon for the drastic yet cool change to Linoone

DannyDark

Rolycoly is absolutely the one I'm most excited to see the evolutions of!

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I’m most excited to see Corviknight’s 2 prevolutions, Yamper’s evolution, Drednaw and Alcremie’s evolutions, and the Legendary Trio/Quartet a la the legendary birds or Tapus. And all the others.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
It's still Corviknight, but I'm also warming up to Dreadnaw. I'm reserving judgement on Wooloo, Yamper, Rolycoly and such until we know the full evolution lines, but they're decent enough first-step Pokemon and have okay designs.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend

I’m surprised to have a few favorites already, as opposed to Gen 7 where I wasn’t really interested in any Pokémon during the prerelease.

Scorbunny and its potential evolutions - For a while, I’ve been wanting to see a rabbit be a starter Pokémon. I care about my stuffed animals a lot, and the first one I’ve ever had was a rabbit. I always thought it would be neat to start out a journey with a rabbit, sort of like when I was little.

Zamazenta - Mascot legendaries appeal to me a lot in general, but I’ve wanted to see one that is actually themed around defense. Lugia has high defensive stats, but its signature move and descriptions of its powers are more on the offensive side. I think this shield legendary would be perfect to my preferences, and it already looks to be one of my top favorite legendaries overall.

Galarian Ponyta and potential evolution(s) - I wasn’t very interested in this one when the livestream was shown, but I began to like it much more when finding out about its powers of eliminating poison. I just find that idea very interesting, and I don’t think any previous Pokémon have had that specific to their species. (Also, I do like My Little Pony, so I suppose that can be another reason.)

Julia Artemis

So I'm starting to really wonder if Grookey is going to be Grass/Normal. In a way it makes sense since almost all sound based moves tend to be categorized as normal types and since Grookey's name in other countries and how Game Freak has described it really hints at being music/sound based.

But it could also potentially just still be Grass/Rock and have a Liquid Voice type hidden ability and basically be grass Primarina which honestly I'd love since Primarina is my second favorite starter after Swampert. My hope it's a punk rock riot grrl influenced gorilla. Honestly might have to play as Grookey during my first playthrough if that's the case

mozao

this wasn't in my horoscope
as someone pointed out before that gen 8 starters may focus on the concept of growing up and maturing from childhood to adulthood, I wonder if all three starters will go through some form of important personality or interests change. Julia above and others think Grookey might change into a punk rock based Pokémon, meaning it would change from a cheery, happy party type to something heavier and less smiley, while keeping the sound base. Sobble might get over his shyness and fears and grow into a calm, reliable type, but not changing its stealthy ways. as for Scorbunny, it could redirect its energy from sporty activities to something more... artistic? I'm not really sure, but they could play with how 'kindle' can relate both to fire and to inspiration

Julia Artemis

For Scorbunny I see it going from a kid who like to run and play around in a non serious way and as it evolves it becomes more and more serious and committed to hone its skills. So I believe its final evo will basically be based off of a professional athlete. Maybe off of a soccer player or a triathlon