• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Speculation & Discussion Thread

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

Hanto

Water Addiction
I'm already Imagining many different cool looking evolutions for Impidimp. I hope that I won't be disappointted in real one when it's revealed.
Rest in piece both Ballio & Plague Doctor evo for Spritzee

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Hopefully we'll get a trailer when Japanese website updates.

axelme

yamper is cute. i like it. i can envision the evolution being pretty interesting looking

impidimp..what can i say?. i mean..dark/fairy is a good combination and a type everyone's wanted to see. however its really, really, really ugly. im not sure the official art could help it out. its just ugly . by far my least favorite.

I'd like that, but I think you guys are reading into Play Rough a little too much. Pretty much every dog Pokemon can learn it.
That connection had never crossed my mind, but you're absolutely right: Growlithe, Poochyena, Lillipup, Yamper, (and Snubbull, of course). Mind blown!

Pokébeach shared all the moves that Pokémon on your team have in the demo:

Yamper = "Play Rough," "Spark," "Crunch," and "Wild Charge"

Sobble = "Liquidation," "Rain Dance," "Soak," and "Water Pulse"

Scorbunny = "Flame Charge," "Quick Attack," "Double-Edge," and "Headbutt"

Grookey = "Razor Leaf," "Uproar," "Slam," and "Knock Off"

Corviknight = "Brave Bird," "Swagger," "Drill Peck," and "Steel Wing"

Wooloo = "Defense Curl," "Double-Edge," "Take Down," and "Cotton Guard"

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Here's the gamexplain footage featuring the Pokemon and I gotta say... My god... that Corgi has a adorable Corgi butt like real-life!
Interesting the kid in the battle has a red version of the green jumper with a chipmunk/squirrel on........are they going to be like Plusle and Minun?

Last edited:

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
That connection had never crossed my mind, but you're absolutely right: Growlithe, Poochyena, Lillipup, Yamper, (and Snubbull, of course). Mind blown!
Even some of the non-Fairy cat Pokemon can learn it, like Persian, Skitty and Liepard. That's not to say Yamper won't evolve into an Electric/Fairy-type, but the fact that it knows Play Rough isn't enough to say one way or the other.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The imp Pokemon doesn't appeal to me much because of its bright pink color scheme, which just looks very jarring to me. The dog looks a lot better, however. I just wish that the squirrel Pokemon had been officially revealed at E3.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Interesting the kid in the battle has a red version of the green jumper with a chipmunk/squirrel on........are they going to be like Plusle and Minun?
Probably it will be in various colors to match the berries on the trees.

Edit: Impidimp has batwing in the back of his head, which means its mask thing was indeed based off Devilman's original design, like Salamence's wings and color scheme.

Nodame

Misty <3
LOVE Impidim, love the colors, the concept, the type, the little wings on the back. It’s a cute spooky fairy devil! how unique, we never had anything like it.I’m sure its evolution will look awesome. Who else is liking it?

Yamper is adorable too, we needed a corgi. Its face reminded me of Slurpuff.

I need more!!

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
It's still early days, but so far out of the new Pokemon that have been confirmed, Corviknight is the only one I'm really digging, and it's a definite lock for my Galar team. Dreadnaw and Yamper are on my maybe pile until I know their evolutions or pre-evolutions (if they have any), how soon in the game you can get them, and what other Water, Rock and Electric types you can get in Galar. As far as the starters, I like Grookey the most because I like monkeys, but I'm waiting to see what the final evolutions are for all three before I make a solid decision.