• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Speculation & Discussion Thread

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Discuss the new Pokemon of the Pokemon series. Here's a link below to Serebii's "New Pokemon" Page.

Link to Serebii's "New Pokemon" Page

So anyways, nothing too big but I've noticed a little detail about Corviknight and I'm sure some of you may have noticed this too. Corviknight is a Flying/Steel type. You know what's very unusual about this? It's primary typing is a Flying-type. For those who don't know the flying primary typing has only existed for the Noivern evolution line and Tornadus under Masuda's direction. I'm not saying Corviknight itself is a big deal because of this typing but I have a hunch under Ohmori's direction that the Pokemon series is going to start ignoring this commonly held trend of flying-type Pokemon, especially bird-like Pokemon, having flying-type as their secondary typing.

Frostfall

Ah, Corviknight. I find its typing interesting and love that a corvid made it into a pokemon game. However, they gave it a beard and I'm worried it will get a bigger beard if it has an evolution. For some reason, human style beards and mustaches on animals/pokemon creep me out.

Love scorbunny and sobble still. If I get both games, those will both be my starters!
Love the adorable round floofy wooloo and get the feeling it will be replaced later by something more powerful but I plan to enjoy it when I can in the early game. The plant evolutionary line is interesting, but not my favorite, just kind of neutral on that one other than the seed stage looks top heavy. It would be interesting if it evolved into a wilted plant/ghost type after it's gone to seed stage.
Just don't like Drednaw's design.
I was excited and really looking forward to wolf legendaries. I figured I'd love them as long as they didn't have a beard/mustache, human made objects/flesh clothes, and were not red and blue on the same pokemon.... Oh.... Never mind, those will get boxed no matter which game I get. I'm still waiting for wolf legendaries that look like wolves without a bunch of stuff on them. Maybe another legendary or special event pokemon will fall into that category.
No deciding factor on which game I will get yet and looking forward to seeing more new pokemon whenever they decide to reveal them!

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I love Corviknight. Thinking it’s not the regional bird and the Mandibuzz of the region instead. Wouldn’t be surprised if the former is true.
I like Wooloo only a little, maybe going on my early team, but too many people appreciate him imo.
I will definitely choose Grookey or Sobble as my starter. Most likely now Grookey due to the rumor of it becoming a drummer.
Gossifleur and Eldegoss seem too similar to Whimsicott and Jumpluff, I betcha their strategy will revolve around healing.
Of the legendaries, I like Zacian the most.
Drednaw is going on my team, it looks like it would have a high Attack stat and low Speed.

shoz999

Ah, Corviknight. I find its typing interesting and love that a corvid made it into a pokemon game. However, they gave it a beard and I'm worried it will get a bigger beard if it has an evolution. For some reason, human style beards and mustaches on animals/pokemon creep me out.

Love scorbunny and sobble still. If I get both games, those will both be my starters!
Love the adorable round floofy wooloo and get the feeling it will be replaced later by something more powerful but I plan to enjoy it when I can in the early game. The plant evolutionary line is interesting, but not my favorite, just kind of neutral on that one other than the seed stage looks top heavy. It would be interesting if it evolved into a wilted plant/ghost type after it's gone to seed stage.
Just don't like Drednaw's design.
I was excited and really looking forward to wolf legendaries. I figured I'd love them as long as they didn't have a beard/mustache, human made objects/flesh clothes, and were not red and blue on the same pokemon.... Oh.... Never mind, those will get boxed no matter which game I get. I'm still waiting for wolf legendaries that look like wolves without a bunch of stuff on them. Maybe another legendary or special event pokemon will fall into that category.
No deciding factor on which game I will get yet and looking forward to seeing more new pokemon whenever they decide to reveal them!
Huh. Never noticed how Corviknight's chest feathers looking like a beard. I forgot what that area is called but it's something birds have, owls I believe, have to make them look bigger than they actually are. Now that you brought that up, I wonder if Corviknight is in anyway associated with Odin, the god of war. There's a fair number of god of wars and death associated with crows, jackdaws and ravens but when you mentioned the beard, that narrowed things down quite a lot.

Although I'm quite curious how it will play out. Corviknight's typing, pressure ability and the fact that it weighs heavier than Skarmory really suggests that this will have a bit of a defensive angle to it. Not necessarily a defensive playstyle but a defensive angle. However it's Pokedex entry and it's unburden ability really reminds me of the predator bird Pokemon, Staraptor. I have a hunch it's going to have both really good offensive and defensive power.

keithpetrosky

I’m still hoping Corviknight evolves from Honchkrow (wishful thinking).

Being we heard there is a Porygon phone in game I’m hoping they do something for Porygon in game, like another evolution into an android form to make it more perfect.

I speculate the two legendaries might fuse together.

Heard the 3rd legendary is called Eternatus but no further details, also heard Japan has dibs on patent for armor mewtwo so possible we might see a regional variant.

The other new Pokémon are meh to me, we have so many turtles, sheep, and cotton plant Pokémon they are overused IMO

shoz999

I’m still hoping Corviknight evolves from Honchkrow (wishful thinking).

Being we heard there is a Porygon phone in game I’m hoping they do something for Porygon in game, like another evolution into an android form to make it more perfect.

I speculate the two legendaries might fuse together.

Heard the 3rd legendary is called Eternatus but no further details, also heard Japan has dibs on patent for armor mewtwo so possible we might see a regional variant.

The other new Pokémon are meh to me, we have so many turtles and cotton plant Pokémon they are overused IMO
We've never had an alligator snapping turtle Pokemon...

Fans look at Turtwig.

... that doesn't evolve into a dinsoaur!

Frostfall

Huh. Never noticed how Corviknight's chest feathers looking like a beard. I forgot what that area is called but it's something birds have, owls I believe, have to make them look bigger than they actually are. Now that you brought that up, I wonder if Corviknight is in anyway associated with Odin, the god of war. There's a fair number of god of wars and death associated with crows, jackdaws and ravens but when you mentioned the beard, that narrowed things down quite a lot.

Although I'm quite curious how it will play out. Corviknight's typing, pressure ability and the fact that it weighs heavier than Skarmory really suggests that this will have a bit of a defensive angle to it. Not necessarily a defensive playstyle but a defensive angle. However it's Pokedex entry and it's unburden ability really reminds me of the predator bird Pokemon, Staraptor. I have a hunch it's going to have both really good offensive and defensive power.

If you look at the animation in the pokemon direct, I could be wrong, but to me, those feathers look more like they're coming from the base of the beak on it's head rather than being chest feathers hence why I was calling it a beard. It doesn't look like those are chest feathers at all and even have a gap between the feathers and that gem/diamond shaped thing on its lower body. See time stamp of 5:52 to 5:53 of the pokemon direct. I like the direction you are going with the god of war basis, I wonder what further information we'll get on that pokemon and if that's it's final or only evolution or if there will be more.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
It’s that time where I struggle to remember all the new Pokèmon names

Everything looks great so far. Interesting that Drednaw is apparently quick as you’d think it’d be slow. Definitely think it’s going to evolve

shoz999

It’s that time where I struggle to remember all the new Pokèmon names

Everything looks great so far. Interesting that Drednaw is apparently quick as you’d think it’d be slow. Definitely think it’s going to evolve
Honestly without that Pokedex entry, Drednaw being another turtle Pokemon with a vulnerable water/rock typing and strong jaws does give you the impression that it's one of the slowest Pokemon. With the Pokedex entry, I am curious how Drednaw could stand out from it's turtle brethren.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
so my friend and I kinda had a neat idea

what if Wooloo evolves into a Normal/Steel type Ram Pokemon based on steel wool? I think that'd be really neat and since we've yet to get a Normal/Steel type Pokemon, it'd be a really cool way to introduce one. Regardless, Wooloo is adorable and I can't wait to see what it evolves into.

Also I'm totally digging Corviknight right now. Already saving a slot for it on my first playthrough team. Drednaw is a maybe if it evolves, but if not, I'll probably use it on my second playthrough.

Gossifleur and Eldegoss are... boring imo. We already have similar Pokemon in Cottonee/Whimsicott and Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff. I doubt Eldegoss will evolve again, but if so, I may be a bit more interested.

shoz999

so my friend and I kinda had a neat idea

what if Wooloo evolves into a Normal/Steel type Ram Pokemon based on steel wool? I think that'd be really neat and since we've yet to get a Normal/Steel type Pokemon, it'd be a really cool way to introduce one. Regardless, Wooloo is adorable and I can't wait to see what it evolves into.

Also I'm totally digging Corviknight right now. Already saving a slot for it on my first playthrough team. Drednaw is a maybe if it evolves, but if not, I'll probably use it on my second playthrough.

Gossifleur and Eldegoss are... boring imo. We already have similar Pokemon in Cottonee/Whimsicott and Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff. I doubt Eldegoss will evolve again, but if so, I may be a bit more interested.
Honestly I have no idea what Wooloo's playstyle could be. Wooloo arguably has the least consistent information out of all the Pokemon shown to us. For starters, it's ability Fluffy is a defensive one right? So one can assume it's a defensive Pokemon based on previous defensive Pokemon but then ask yourself, how many Pokemon before actually had the Fluffy ability and the answer is two which is Stufful and it's evolution, Bewear from the last generation. Fluffy is still quite a new ability. Second, it appears to be Galar's early normal-type Pokemon as seen in how early Wooloo appears in the game based on the direct. So based on this, one can assume it must be a pretty weak and very basic Pokemon like Raticate and Furret right? Nope, there's also Belly Drum Linoone, Simple Bibarel and Huge Power Diggersby. To sum it up I really have no clue what Wooloo could be, what it's playstyle could be or what it's possible final-evolved form could be like... except that if it's anything like the past normal-type Pokemon, it's playstyle is definitely going to be one of potential.

shoz999

As i have said in the main discussion thread, wooloo could be this generations lilipup, with the squirrel/chipmunk being the traditional rodent.
Ah, now that makes a lot of sense too... only now we pretty much have little to no information on that Pokemon lol.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
You shouldn't have to worry about that then. Its info notes its said to be the most powerful pokemon in the skies of Galar. I doubt it would say that if it evolved further. As for the beard, I'm not sure what to make of it. In the official art it looks like it could be hair-like feathers, but on the in-game model it looks more solid. The way it moves reminds me of the big fleshy dewlaps some birds have hanging from their throats for display purposes. The spiky projections (if they aren't just hairy feathers of course) could even indicate the dewlap is covered in protective metallic coating like some other parts of its body.

Also, we've had corvids in pokemon for ages (i.e. Murkrow, Honchkrow). This is our first raven of course.

Last edited:

Kuraikarasu

Isn't that Dandy?
My own personal hope for Wooloo is that they go with a “wolf in sheep’s clothing approach” and make its next evolution into a normal/dark or normal/fairy, werewolf/ram hybrid. My logic for this is that in the mini blurb about it we get it states that they mimic their trainer or anyone in charge of their herd. Maybe their evolution will be a tongue-in-cheek nod to the fact that large groups tend to be easily coerced and led by more conniving presences

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
My ranking of the pokemon so far.
10.Grookey 3/5
9.Gossifleur 4/5
8.Sobble 4/5
7.Eldegoss 4/5
6.Wooloo 5/5
5.Scorbunny 5/5
4.Drednaw 5/5
3.Zacian 5/5
2.Corviknight 5/5
1.Zamazenta 5/5