• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Speculation & Discussion Thread

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Absolutely nobody should take a rumor about a gun weapon in a Pokemon game seriously.
Don't know about that, could be a Pokemon that has a canon shooting lasers out but I doubt it will happen. Pokemon "Gun Version" would be adding unwanted attention and Pokemon Cannon Version sounds very dumb. Although a Pokemon "Rocket" version might sound awesome.

ShadowForce720

Will usually ever since they started doing trios for the legendary mascots(even in cases where the 3rd legendary wasn't a cover legendary) since gen 3 the 3rd legendary tends to have a theme that fits into the them of the other 2 members for instance this is how it breaks down with the theme of the cover legendary trios starting with gen 3:

Gen 3: Groudon(Land and Omega), Kyogre(Sea and Alpha), Rayquaza(Sky and Delta)
Gen 4: Dialga(Time), Palkia(Space), Giratina(Antimatter and it's been speculated that it may also represent Gravity)
Gen 5: Reshiram(Yang), Zekrom(Yin), Kyurem(Wuji)
Gen 6: Xerneas(Life), Yveltal(Death), Zygarde(Order)
Gen 7: Solgaleo(Sun), Lunala(Moon), Necrozma(Stars)

now we got the mascot legendaries for gen 8 being Zacian and Zamazenta interesting thing to note is that from what's been described of them on the pokemon website they seem to represent a unstoppable force meeting a unmovable object and as other people have notice they seem to be based off of Cyan and Magenta from the CMYK color model so using this the 3rd legendary would seem to be based off of Yellow or Key(Black) or both although it's possible that this could be a legendary Quartet instead of a trio which would certainly be unique in which case one of the two would be based off of Yellow while the other one is based off of Key(Black).

However it is possible that they could just have one pokemon based off of yellow or based off of both Yellow and Key(Black), now looking at if they Zacian and Zamazenta are also based off of the 2 wolves Odin has then it's possible the 3rd legendary could be represent one of the birds that are near Odin and also represent being All knowing and All Seeing as well as representing a Spear.

Also it is possible that given that all the previous 3rd legendary mascot pokemon were part Dragon type or became part Dragon type that the 3rd legendary could be part Dragon type as well and be based off a Dragon or maybe it's a mixture of the bird and Dragon that is part Dragon type.

As for a possible name for the 3rd legendary if the CMYK theme continues then it will probably be some corruption of the word Yellow or Yellow mixed with Key(Black) and will probably start with Za.

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
I totally love Wooloo. It's one of the cutiest pokemon ever imo.

Drednaw it's a favorite at the moment and I can't wait to add it to my team eventually.

Corviknight is very badass and cool bit I'm still not sure that I'll use it in my walkthrough although he has a very good typing.

From the Legends I prefer Zamazenta at the moment. I find they both have a good design but the perpetual sword in Zacian's mouth is off-putting and I thing they should have made as if the sword would rest somewhere when not in use. It just doesn't seem practical that it would have it always in it's mouth. Zamazenta's shield however was beautifully incorporated into it's design.

Eldegloss and it's preevo are cool too but I'm usually indifferent to this kind of pokemon as they tend to be very forgettable for me.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Will usually ever since they started doing trios for the legendary mascots(even in cases where the 3rd legendary wasn't a cover legendary) since gen 3 the 3rd legendary tends to have a theme that fits into the them of the other 2 members for instance this is how it breaks down with the theme of the cover legendary trios starting with gen 3:

Gen 4: Dialga(Time), Palkia(Space), Giratina(Antimatter and it's been speculated that it may also represent Gravity)

now we got the mascot legendaries for gen 8 being Zacian and Zamazenta interesting thing to note is that from what's been described of them on the pokemon website they seem to represent a unstoppable force meeting a unmovable object and as other people have notice they seem to be based off of Cyan and Magenta from the CMYK color model so using this the 3rd legendary would seem to be based off of Yellow or Key(Black) or both although it's possible that this could be a legendary Quartet instead of a trio which would certainly be unique in which case one of the two would be based off of Yellow while the other one is based off of Key(Black).

However it is possible that they could just have one pokemon based off of yellow or based off of both Yellow and Key(Black), now looking at if they Zacian and Zamazenta are also based off of the 2 wolves Odin has then it's possible the 3rd legendary could be represent one of the birds that are near Odin and also represent being All knowing and All Seeing as well as representing a Spear.

Also it is possible that given that all the previous 3rd legendary mascot pokemon were part Dragon type or became part Dragon type that the 3rd legendary could be part Dragon type as well and be based off a Dragon or maybe it's a mixture of the bird and Dragon that is part Dragon type.

As for a possible name for the 3rd legendary if the CMYK theme continues then it will probably be some corruption of the word Yellow or Yellow mixed with Key(Black) and will probably start with Za.

A Bow or crossbow Pokemon could work well as it is hard to either cut or shield yourself from one. Flying would be a good typing for it, with some secondary type being strong against both wolves. A Dragon/Bird Hybrid might work out which migh use it's legs for shooting the arrows.
A legendary Quartet would be interesting as they can release a double-version without doing a Kyurem/Necrozma situation.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
I'm not sure which of the two box legends I like best. I think Zamasenta incorporates its shield theme better than Zacien with the sword. However, both look decent.
I don't like Drednaw for some reason.
Gossifleur and Eldegoss are adorable! I want them!
Wooloo is also adorable. It looks so soft and huggable.
Corviknight looks pretty awesome!

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Well, guess I'll give my two cents on the designs too.

Wooloo: Likely a contender to be in the rankings of most adorable of Pokemon designs. The extra info plays this up perfectly too, what with it rolling around as well as the remark that it will try to imitate its trainer. No idea if its line will be worthwhile in battle, but a solid design.

Gossifleur/Eldegoss: Honestly rather forgettable designs. We've had so many cute, small Grass types based on flowers and wind blown seeds that it's a tall order for new ones to stand out. Them being pure Grass type rather than some interesting new combination of types doesn't help. Regenerator at least is a good ability.

Drednaw: On the one hand I am happy to see an alligator snapping turtle as a pokemon. On the other hand, with few exceptions I've always been rather turned off by pokemon that look too mechanical (i.e. ones that that are fully mechanical or have mechanical things just stuck on them versus ones that incorporate metallic aspects in a more "organic" way), and the design of its neck and lower jaw really verge close to that for me. Will be interesting if its stats reflect the statement that its faster than it looks.

Corviknight: Probably the coolest of the new designs, though large and fierce-looking pokemon that can be used as mounts tend to win me over so I may be biased. Not so sure its abilities will be worthwhile (both are rather situational), may depend on its stats and moves. And of course, it may have a great hidden ability.

Unnamed squirrel: I like squirrels, I like Pachirisu, but this thing looks too fat for my tastes. I didn't like alolan Raticate, so I doubt I'll like this.

Zacian and Zamazenta: Good designs that have grown on me as I've noticed more details and seen how their adornments are used as a sort of organic armor. Which I like more may depend on just how/if Zacian sheathes its sword. The sword should be part of its body, so I'm curious just how it may look when the sword is put away.

DSDark

Breeder

Gen 8: Zacian (SWORD), Zamazenta (SHIELD). however fine if we are going to get into this more. Zacian is attacking to defend the land. Zamazenta is defending to protect the land

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Speaking of the Squirrel, I have seen this on a Youtube video of TheOneIntegral (totally forgot I was still subscribed to him) . I don't know it has been said / speculated anywhere.

Blimey, can't seem to find a way to put the picture on my post. Here it is on the link
https://imgur.com/GWKlmRl