• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Speculation & Discussion Thread

Mr.Fiend

Everything stinks
Speaking of the Squirrel, I have seen this on a Youtube video of TheOneIntegral (totally forgot I was still subscribed to him) . I don't know it has been said / speculated anywhere.

Blimey, can't seem to find a way to put the picture on my post. Here it is on the link
https://imgur.com/GWKlmRl
It's been like what, nearly 2 years since he last uploaded a video? Nice to see that he is back.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
It's been like what, nearly 2 years since he last uploaded a video? Nice to see that he is back.
I know right! I was surprised when I saw the video. I really liked him back in the day, no leaks, no speculation. Only video's with confirmed info and great breakdowns.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Speaking of the Squirrel, I have seen this on a Youtube video of TheOneIntegral (totally forgot I was still subscribed to him) . I don't know it has been said / speculated anywhere.

If I remember correctly he mostly covered leaks, including mostly fake ones but he wasn't one of those annoying 'hey wassup guys it's insertname here' ones that make me instantly close the video, like I knew most of the leaks he covered were likely false but it was still a fun waste of time.

DragonScale

Here's all the old pokémon so far that you'll be able to catch in Sword/Shield:
Caterpie-Metapod-Buttefree
Pichu-Pikachu-Raichu
Cleffa-Clefairy-Clefable
Vulpix-Ninetales
Diglett-Dugtrio
Growlithe-Arcanine
Gastly-Haunter-Gengar
Onix-Steelix
Rhyhorn-Rhydon-Rhyperior
Magikarp-Gyarados
Munchlax-Snorlax
Hoothoot-Noctowl
Chinchou-Lantern
Wynaut-Wobbuffet
Wooper-Quagsire
Mantyke-Mantine
Sneasel-Weavile
Larvitar-Pupitar-Tyranitar
Wingull-Pelliper
Wailmer-Wailord
Budew-Roselia-Roserade
Trapinch-Viabrava-Flygon
Feebass-Milotic
Duskull-Dusclops-Dusknoir
Combee-Vesiquen
Bronzor-Bronzong
Riolu-Lucario
Hippopotas-Hippowdon
Snover-Abomasnow
Roggenrola-Boldore-Gigalith
Tympole-Palpitoad-Sesmitoad
Sawk
Minccino-Cinccino
Frillish-Jellicent
Axew-Fraxure-Haxorus
Golett-Golurk
Rufflet-Braivary
Deino-Zweilous-Hydreigon
Bunnelby-Diggersby
Pancham-Pangoro
Espurr-Meowstic
Swirlix-Slurpuff
Inkay-Malamar
Hawlucha
Bergmite-Avalugg
Grubbin-Charjabug-Vikavolt
Wishiwashi
Mudbray-Mudsdale
Stufful-Bewear
Bounsweet-Steenee-Tsareena

And if these lines from the Japanese banner count:
Eevee -Vaporeon/Jolteon/Flareon/Espeon/Umbreon/Leafeon/Glaceon/Slyveon
Ralts-Kirlia-Gardevoir/Gallade
Trubbish-Garbodor
Vanillite-Vanillish -Vanilluxe
Goomy-Sliggoo-Goodra
Mimikyu

How's the regional dex so far?
Did i forget any?
What other pokémon you think will be in Galar next?

And before you ask, no i'm counting the Charizard cause i always every previous starter and legendary are instantly absent, the only exception was X/Y (Kalos)

It's also worth noting that these will be the available pokémon in VGC 2020

Here are my predictions:
NidoranF-Nidorina-Nidoqueen
NidoranM-Nidorino-Nidoking
Ditto
Dratini-Dragonair-Dragonite
Azurill-Marill-Azumarill
Misdrevius-Mismagius
Murkrow-Honchkrow
Smergale
Remoraid-Octillery
Bagon-Shelgon-Salamence
Lillipup-Herdier-Stoutland
Throh
Klink-Klang-Klinklang
Karrablast-Escaviller
Shelmet-Accelgor
Drudiggon
Pawniard-Bisharp
Vullaby-Mandibuzz
Honedge-Doublade-Aegislash
Spritzee-Aromatisee
Jangmo-o - Hakamo-o - Kommo-o

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
There is one group of legendaries that Zacian & Zamazenta do remind of and that is the Legendary Beasts.

250px-Entei_Raikou_Suicune.png

Not only in how Zacian & Zamazenta were designed but the vibes that they give off. In past games, you often see the legendary beasts in an environment or giving off a vibe associated with their symbolism or habitat but in the direct, Zacian & Zamazenta were shown doing a duel in what looks like just any ordinary forest. This reminded me of how you can pretty much encounter Raikou, Entei & Suicune in any location, anywhere. Nothing too special, so it got me thinking. The Wild Area would be the perfect place to show off an new and improved roaming mechanic of Zacian and Zamazena. This is just a hunch okay, I'm not saying it's like fact but I have a hunch that Zacian and Zamazena might be roaming legendaries after whatever big story plot point happens.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I'm curious what Corviknight's stat spread will look like. Its description specifically mentions that it's very strong, but I've learned not to trust official descriptions after Vikavolt's description mentioned that it can fly at high speeds and perform acrobatic maneuvers... only to find out it's only slightly faster than Rhyperior. Corviknight does share the same typing as Skarmory, and Flying/Steel is quite fantastic defensively. Add that to the fact that Corviknight seems to armored, implying possibly a high Defense, and its access to Pressure, and maybe Corviknight will dethrone Skarmory as the premiere Flying/Steel type for stall teams? It would be a rough couple generations for Skarmory, first Celesteela and now possibly Corviknight coming along to take its niches.

Kingudora

My favourite
I'm curious what Corviknight's stat spread will look like. Its description specifically mentions that it's very strong, but I've learned not to trust official descriptions after Vikavolt's description mentioned that it can fly at high speeds and perform acrobatic maneuvers... only to find out it's only slightly faster than Rhyperior. Corviknight does share the same typing as Skarmory, and Flying/Steel is quite fantastic defensively. Add that to the fact that Corviknight seems to armored, implying possibly a high Defense, and its access to Pressure, and maybe Corviknight will dethrone Skarmory as the premiere Flying/Steel type for stall teams? It would be a rough couple generations for Skarmory, first Celesteela and now possibly Corviknight coming along to take its niches.
I can see Corviknight have more HP and Sp. Def than Skarmory, but not as extreme Defense, making Corviknight more well-rounded bulk-wise. And it sounds like Corviknight will have a higher attack stat than Skarmory, but who knows. Lastly, I also think that Corviknight will be somewhat slower than Skarmory.

Also, I can't really see Corviknight being able to learn Spikes, so that's an utility move that would set Skarmory apart from it.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I already post these in my blog post, but here's the abridged version:
*Eldegoss's incredibly low weight suggests it will evolve further, since final evolutions tend to get a massive weight boost, in allusion to insect fighting(better insect is the heavier one).
*Despite its model, Drednaw is heavy as Rhyhorn, who is heavy as a lot of fully evolved Pokémon, and it is large as Basculin. Since we also saw it face-off against Gigalith, it is more than likely a standalone, but Mudbray has similar weight/height, so it might get a very large evolution.
*Corviknight is large as Mega Pidgeot, which follows in the line with the theory that it is based on the black blob bird that appears in HM Fly's usage. Since it is as heavy as Crobat and Quagsire, its BST is probably high, around 485 if it is standalone, 495 if it is two staged, and 505 if it is three stage(even if it is not the early bird, it is still an early bird so it won't get much high BST). Either way, unless Skarmory gets the same 485 BST as Gen 7 Mantine, Corviknight will be stronger, just less competitively viable.
*Wooloo is roughly the same height as Deerling and Skiddo, but much lighter, which suggest it will evolve once, but most likely only once due its height. Probably will get another type due to its primary Ability(Fluffy) and its secondary Ability(Run Away) which will almost certainly be replaced in evolution, since there hasn't been a fully-evolved Pokémon with Run Away since Gen 5's HA Pachirisu. And no, Run Away will not get buffed significantly(they would've shown us if that was the case).

Frostfall

You shouldn't have to worry about that then. Its info notes its said to be the most powerful pokemon in the skies of Galar. I doubt it would say that if it evolved further. As for the beard, I'm not sure what to make of it. In the official art it looks like it could be hair-like feathers, but on the in-game model it looks more solid. The way it moves reminds me of the big fleshy dewlaps some birds have hanging from their throats for display purposes. The spiky projections (if they aren't just hairy feathers of course) could even indicate the dewlap is covered in protective metallic coating like some other parts of its body.

Also, we've had corvids in pokemon for ages (i.e. Murkrow, Honchkrow). This is our first raven of course.
Ah, forgot about Murkrow/Honchkrow! Never really liked the line but they definitely qualify as corvids. Next on my wishlist is a raven, blue jay or magpie without a beard, wattle/dewlap, or flesh clothes :p

Edit: Ah, hadn't read that description so at least I don't have to worry about it becoming all beard.

Kingudora

My favourite
*Eldegoss's incredibly low weight suggests it will evolve further, since final evolutions tend to get a massive weight boost, in allusion to insect fighting(better insect is the heavier one).
I agree that Eldegoss is likely to evolve again, but also consider that it is based on a Cotton plant. Jumpluff, which is very similar in concept and design, is not much heavier than Eldegoss (6.6 lbs / 3.0 kg).

Gabriel Faria

Shall we dance?
Loved the new designs. Drednaw was my least favourite, but still liked it a lot. Hope it evolves into a Water/Steel (have we had one besides Empoleon? Can't recall out of my head xD). Gossifleur and Eldegoss are very cute. Don't know why, but the second I saw Gossifleur I thought it was Grass/Fire. Still holding out for it, because I believe Eldegoss will evolve further... Corviknight is awesome and wouldn't mind it being the regional bird, however I would prefer if we got another bird line to discover when playing the game. Last,b not least, Wooloo is amazing! Love it and can't wait to see is evo. I'm holding high hopes for it.

I don't usually have many wishes for new Pokémon, but I'm desperately hoping we get more than 1 new Ice-Type... Every gen is getting more and more disappointing how GF seems to just forget the type and simply doesn't add a decent amount of new species. Every other type gets 3 or even more new lines and Ice is always forgetted

DannyDiglett

I don't usually have many wishes for new Pokémon, but I'm desperately hoping we get more than 1 new Ice-Type... Every gen is getting more and more disappointing how GF seems to just forget the type and simply doesn't add a decent amount of new species. Every other type gets 3 or even more new lines and Ice is always forgetted

Agreed. The Ice type needs more love. And hopefully they will introduce some Ice type Pokémon that don't have a white or light blue colour scheme this time.

Grey Wind

I terms of evolutions, I don't think Eldegoss is evolving. I don't know, something about how they highlighted the two as an example of an evolutionary family makes me think there's nothing more to it. Design-wise, I also don't really see anywhere for them to go after flower -> cotton, and "elder" makes me think it's the final stage in its family.

Drednaw could go either way imo, but I'm leaning towards it evolving if only because I think it's dex entry sort of points to it ending up as Water/Steel. I think Corvinknight definitely has at least one pre-evo, if it's not the regional bird then probably just the one. Wooloo is definitely evolving and I'd love to see it end up as Normal/Steel (steel wool) as someone else suggested.

Yes! I don't mind smaller generations but I really wish they'd do better with balancing the types. Ice definitely needs some love this gen, as do Ground, Dark and Electric weirdly enough.

amoebo

amoeboVGC
I feel like everyone leans into Corviknight being a tank just based on the fact that Skarmory is the only other pokemon with his typing. He's based off of a knight, yes, but birds are inherently creatures of prey and I doubt they would make Skarmory except BST distributed differently.

I'm going to guess and say that it will have middling speed, great HP, good bulk, great attack, really low Sp.Atk especially as we have seen pokemon become more specialized recently.

Twitter: LINK.

I don't think that little buddy looks like anything we've seen from the trailer nor an existing Pokémon. It has an eye and horns(?), maybe our regional bug?
Since the female character is surrounded by Gossifleur in that picture, which comes from the Gossifleur page on the official site with a caption all about it, I suspect that's just another Gossifleur that looks a little off because it's mostly covered by the tall grass (and the pic isn't very high-res).

I'd love if it turned out that another new Pokémon snuck into the latest trailer/images (like the chipmunk), but the context of that particular shot has me thinking it's probably pixelated Gossifleur.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
The Mareep line loses their wool as they evolve. As such, I suggest that Wooloo’s inevitable evolutions should do the opposite and become increasingly fluffier as they evolve until eventually just becoming a huge ball of cotton.

... Alright, jokes aside, I think it will evolve into a Normal/Steel Ram because

1. Unused type combo (even tho it’s not a very good one).

2. It could have a steel wool theme, for obvious reasons.