• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Speculation & Discussion Thread

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I wonder if we will see Yamper evolve I to a Golden Retriever, specially with an ability like that.

I just hope whatever it evolves into has a bit more bulk to it, it was disheartening to see it get wrecked by water type moves in the demo tbh :/...

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I just hope whatever it evolves into has a bit more bulk to it, it was disheartening to see it get wrecked by water type moves in the demo tbh :/...

I'd like to see it gain a secondary typing.... Electric/Ground maybe?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
So it could get completely destroyed by Nessa, did you even read my post xD??

I did, I mean it's Evo (which would in theory have better stats). Also.... I mean that's one Pokemon line that... Correct me if I'm wrong didn't have a lvl advantage, and was possibly battling a evolved Pokemon or one that had comparable stats to one.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I did, I mean it's Evo (which would in theory have better stats). Also.... I mean that's one Pokemon line that... Correct me if I'm wrong didn't have a lvl advantage, and was possibly battling a evolved Pokemon or one that had comparable stats to one.

Actually no, all the pokemon in the demo were level 50. Stat wise there might be differences but again, it is most likely evolving so that would explain that.

Leonhart

Imagineer
lemoncatpower said:
What if yamper is the electric “rodent” of this Gen?

I don't think it is since it isn't a rodent. I mean, I'm all for Game Freak breaking tradition and trying something different, but I think Yamper is more like the Shimama (Blitzle) of Gen VIII than the Electric-type rodent.

PreschoolerFromNowhere

I just read another interview in Kotaku and Ohmori said something about Bug-type and how why they're always can be found in early route which made me wonder if this region will have it own early bug too? It not like we just saw Caterpie line and mean it going to be this region common bug since some region have Caterpie too but they also have another bug too so...?

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
What if yamper is the electric “rodent” of this Gen?
You mean Pikaclone? I doubt it but I'm definitely betting that one of the new Pokemon will be a Pikaclone, some kind of rodent-looking Pokemon with electric cheek pouches. Yamper is most likely the early electric-type Pokemon of this Gen. Gen 1 was Pikachu, Gen 2 was Mareep, Gen 3 was Electrike, Gen 4 was Shinx, Gen 5 was Blitzle, Gen 6 was Helioptile and Gen 7 was Grubbin.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
You mean Pikaclone? I doubt it but I'm definitely betting that one of the new Pokemon will be a Pikaclone, some kind of rodent-looking Pokemon with electric cheek pouches. Yamper is most likely the early electric-type Pokemon of this Gen. Gen 1 was Pikachu, Gen 2 was Mareep, Gen 3 was Electrike, Gen 4 was Shinx, Gen 5 was Blitzle, Gen 6 was Helioptile and Gen 7 was Grubbin.
I honestly never caught onto there being an early electric Pokémon for some reason even though that completely makes sense. So much for them breaking the electric rodent pattern :p I didn’t read the rumours but a capybara for an electric rodent would be great.

Many years ago I had the idea for a Snapping Turtle Pokemon that was Water/Steel and had a bear trap for a mouth. Drednaw is a snapping turtle that can bite through metal and is suspiciously small for its archetype (heavily armored physical attacker). If Drednaw evolves I may well end up getting my wish after all these years.

Now if only I could get my oldest OC Pokemon I'd really be happy; it's an ear of corn that unfolds its husk and uses the leaves like propellars to fly. I call it Agricorn.

amoebo

amoeboVGC
I think that Yamper has a good chance to evolve into an electric/fairy- not just because it learns play rough but I don't think the heart on its butt is exclusively a reference to a real Corgi's butt but a part of the pokemon's character- and often times pokemon with more lovey characteristics become fairy type.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
I think that Yamper has a good chance to evolve into an electric/fairy- not just because it learns play rough but I don't think the heart on its butt is exclusively a reference to a real Corgi's butt but a part of the pokemon's character- and often times pokemon with more lovey characteristics become fairy type.

And not to mention that fairies ride Corgies in British folklore.

Shingamon

The flying flame
corgis were also bred by the royal family (they stopped recently) so be prepared for some of the rich trainers to own them probably. this could also mean that yamper gets an evolution because a lot of the 'rich' trainers were mid/end game as far as I remember in some games because they could afford high-level ones... that or I'm just concocting stories in my head again.

TsengHyena

They'll be fools if they don't make a lot of the pokemon based off the various UK nation's myth, such as Scottish Celtic Myth.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
On a side note, I wonder what kind of character will have Yamper one of his or her signature Pokemon since it's possibly the early electric-type of this gen.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I don’t think Corviknight is the regional bird. Something about the abilities and size make me think it’s a 2 stage Pokémon (with the pre evo being the Pokémon on Magnolia’s cane).
I agree Yamper will become Electric/Fairy when it evolves. Also, something about the Pokémon silhouette in Milo’s gym on the wall makes me think it will be the evolution of Yamper.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I just read another interview in Kotaku and Ohmori said something about Bug-type and how why they're always can be found in early route which made me wonder if this region will have it own early bug too? It not like we just saw Caterpie line and mean it going to be this region common bug since some region have Caterpie too but they also have another bug too so...?

I think it's pretty likely we get an early bug. Hopefully it goes the way of Vikavolt instead of Beedrill though xD.