• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Speculation & Discussion Thread

DSDark

Breeder
A fairy/ghost Cheshire cat would be epic!

Also I'm just hoping for some more unique typings (like bug/dragon) with the new Pokemon

I was thinking Normal/Ghost for a cheshire cat.

Creyk

It totally should have been! Could have been inspired by the use of poison in food and drink as a means of assassination in the Middle Ages and Renaissance.
exactly.
PLUS
Then using whipped cream as a weapon would make sense. Because if it gets on your skin it burns, and if it gets in your eyes / mouth it does even more damage.

Also don't you guys find it weird that we still don't have a fairy dragon? that is like, one of the most obvious concepts out there.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
exactly.
PLUS
Then using whipped cream as a weapon would make sense. Because if it gets on your skin it burns, and if it gets in your eyes / mouth it does even more damage.

Also don't you guys find it weird that we still don't have a fairy dragon? that is like, one of the most obvious concepts out there.

There's Mega Altaria. But that probably doesn't count now that megas are being removed.

anjunajake

you were the sun & moon to me
Unfortunately, Duraludon is too lightweight to make use of Heavy Slam, even with Heavy Metal.

With Heavy Metal, Duraludon would weight 176 lbs.

For Heavy Slam to have maximum power, the target's weight must be less than 20% of the user's weight. That means, for Heavy Metal Duraludon to inflict max damage with Heavy Slam, the target must have weight less than 20% of 176, in other words, less than......35 lbs. Most of the Pokemon with weight less than that, are NFEs that no one would bother using in competitive, and for in-game, they are usually weak enough that Iron Head would do just fine against them.

Very good point! I honestly just assumed because he'd be much heavier. What kind of Steel/Dragon monster is 88 pounds! :p

Definitely hoping more for a useful HA now, or at least a new steel move he can use.

ScratchnSn1ff

Indeed! That would be a perfect typing for it!

They could even reflect that in the Pokemon's model. The body could fade in and out of existence, with only the grin remaining the whole time.

Edit: misspelled "grin"
I could see its dex description being something really creepy like it being a weird Tooth fairy/ghost legend where the teeth in the grin are taken from below kids pillows at night and that's why the grin doesn't disappear

Ning

I’d like to see a Kangaroo Pokémon. Not only have we not had one since Kangaskhan (which is more based on the motherly aspect, could have a boxer), but would have Winnie the Pooh tie in.

Fighting/electric maybe? (Electric for the hopping and fast boxer)

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
I’d like to see a Kangaroo Pokémon. Not only have we not had one since Kangaskhan (which is more based on the motherly aspect, could have a boxer), but would have Winnie the Pooh tie in.

Fighting/electric maybe? (Electric for the hopping and fast boxer)
dont forget breloom

Orphalesion

Even if Mega-Altaria wasn't removed, it's just a temporary form change we deserve a fairy/dragon Pokémon that's always fairy/dragon.
I've always imagined a dragon encrusted in jewels for fairy/dragon. There's some medieval lore to that effect. And there's Smaug.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
Even if Mega-Altaria wasn't removed, it's just a temporary form change we deserve a fairy/dragon Pokémon that's always fairy/dragon.
I've always imagined a dragon encrusted in jewels for fairy/dragon. There's some medieval lore to that effect. And there's Smaug.
Literally thinking about a Fairy & Dragon Combo. There's this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faerie_dragon

anjunajake

Spoiler tagged long quotes:
Love the idea. I'd personally go with it as Fairy/Ghost as given its ability to appear and disappear like a ghost.

Fairy/Ghost?
Edit.... He suggests before reading the the comments that follow the above post....

Just thought of something: What if Rolycoly’s evolution(s) is a Transformers-like creature? Like, it has an ability that changes it from a rock monster to some sort of vehicle (probably a motorcycle or train), similar to Aegislash’s Stance Change.

It totally should have been! Could have been inspired by the use of poison in food and drink as a means of assassination in the Middle Ages and Renaissance.

I LOVE these ideas! Sometimes I think GF needs more creative minds. I'm always seeing fan made ideas or fake mons that rival our even out right beat out alot of the ideas they come up with. Don't get me wrong, they've given us some great stuff too. But alot of the Pokemon we've seen so far are just really uninspired, imo. But it's still early I suppose. Still holding out for some really great ones.

Do you think they will have HA I game or will we have to wait for Pokemon home to be released? Or will that just be for the starter Pokemon?

I have no idea, honestly. I'd like like to think HA would be available somehow in game. Here's to hoping!

As for what else I'd love to see this region, there was a previous leak that turned out to be fake that had some other really cool ideas:
-A Water/Dragon Basilisk (although I think dragon/poison might be more fitting)
-A stone carving/Stonehenge-est pokemon. Rock/Psychic.
-A Rock/Ice Sabre tooth tiger.
-A Kimodo dragon
-A grass/poison poison ivy pokemon
-A normal/icy yetti or abominable snowman type pokemon
-Pure fairy unicorn psuedo
-A water/dark nessie psuedo
-Metal steel/posion snake legend
-Wooden horse grass legend
-Ghost/Poison plague doctor
It also had this leak of there being these giant legends/mythicals in each area of the north, south, east west. A tortoise, phoenix, tiger, and dragon.

These just seem like really cool idea that go with the whole fantastical lore of a UK based region. With all the old tales of dragons, beast, faeries, and monsters. I really hope they play into that.

Last edited:

Kittypotts

Just thought of something: What if Rolycoly’s evolution(s) is a Transformers-like creature? Like, it has an ability that changes it from a rock monster to some sort of vehicle (probably a motorcycle or train), similar to Aegislash’s Stance Change.
Have you seen the artwork on the
Spoiler tagged long quotes:
I LOVE these ideas! Sometimes I think GF needs more creative minds. I'm always seeing fan made ideas or fake mons that rival our even out right beat out alot of the ideas they come up with. Don't get me wrong, they've given us some great stuff too. But alot of the Pokemon we've seen so far are just really uninspired, imo. But it's still early I suppose. Still holding out for some really great ones.

I have no idea, honestly. I'd like like to think HA would be available somehow in game. Here's to hoping!

As for what else I'd love to see this region, there was a previous leak that turned out to be fake that had some other really cool ideas:
-A Water/Dragon Basilisk (although I think dragon/poison might be more fitting)
-A stone carving/Stonehenge-est pokemon. Rock/Psychic.
-A Rock/Ice Sabre tooth tiger.
-A Kimodo dragon
-A grass/poison poison ivy pokemon
-A normal/icy yetti or abominable snowman type pokemon
-Pure fairy uniforn psuedo
-A water/dark nessie psuedo
-Metal steel/posion snake legend
-Wooden horse grass legend
-Ghost/Poison plague doctor
It also had this leak of there being these giant legends/mythicals in each area of the north, south, east west. A tortoise, phoenix, tiger, and dragon.

These just seem like really cool idea that go with the whole fantastical lore of a UK based region. With all the old tales of dragons, beast, faeries, and monsters. I really hope they play into that.
Not gonna lie, I'm loving all these ideas, especially the Nessie one, here's hoping for a few new fossils, since the uk has loads of discoveries and we even have an area known as the Jurassic coast near Cornwall, but didn't we have aromatisse as a plague doctor looking thing?
I'd like a dolphin or narwhal looking Pokemon!
Do you think we'll get a new eevee this year!
They made all that fuss about it being a new mascot and all

anjunajake

Is that what Aromatisse is supposed to be? I was never a huge fan of that Pokemon so I just assumed it was perfume, but looking at it closer now I can see it. Wouldn't mind a darker, less "fairy" take on it, but this is Pokemon I suppose, lol. And yeah, it's about time we get a dolphin or narwhal! I can't believe that hasn't been done yet.

I hope the rumors about a new steel eevee this gen are true too! It would fit the region quite well. A dragon could fit nicely as well although probably less likely.

Kittypotts

Is that what Aromatisse is supposed to be? I was never a huge fan of that Pokemon so I just assumed it was perfume, but looking at it closer now I can see it. Wouldn't mind a darker, less "fairy" take on it, but this is Pokemon I suppose, lol. And yeah, it's about time we get a dolphin or narwhal! I can't believe that hasn't been done yet.

I hope the rumors about a new steel eevee this gen are true too! It would fit the region quite well. A dragon could fit nicely as well although probably less likely.
You're right dragon or steel would fit the game well, but just watch as the whole honedge line get thanosd out just like solrock n lunatone in sun and moon..I mean I hope I'm wrong..yeh, aromatisse is a dancer with a plague mask on, since it's 'french' kalos,does anyone know how many of the old Pokemon are in it? Like 400 odd by now and then the new right?