• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Speculation & Discussion Thread

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Have to say, I'm extremely grown into Morpeko. Yamper's evolution will be an ultimate decider for me to pick my Electric-type team member.
I've already decided to choose the doge as my main electric-type. Morpeko will have to wait for a second playthrough unless I find something else.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I'm actually shocked that Gene Simmons noticed the obvious resemblance to KISS when it came to Obstagoon. I wonder if he'll find out that someone at Game Freak looked at KISS when they designed the Galarian Zigzagoon line.

People kept tweet it at him. That's how he found out.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Morpeko is officially the first PikaClone I actually like.

It has a very unique spin to it, separating it from the pack. The last one to come this close was Pachurisu, but simply because it was a squirrel instead of a mouse.

Orphalesion

Yes, this. I would love to see a non-legendary with this typing. In all honesty, I think if it’s true they will slap a Fairy typing on it.

I wouldn't mind that either honestly. Cute teapot fairy elephant, very "Alice in Wonderland"-like. Just with the function of teapots being to boil water (over fire in the olden days) it would really offer itself to that typing....

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I'd love to see a cat Pokémon having two different forms for British Shorthair and British Longhair, a similar evolution mechanic to Cas/Silcoon; random.

Longhair's ability could be Fur Coat, for example.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Now that Obstagoon’s been revealed, I’m hoping they’ll include a new mushroom pokémon & new snake pokémon so that people can make teams based on Weebl’s badger video (or at the very least add Ekans, Foongus, Morelull, &/or Seviper to the Galar Dex)

Kingudora

My favourite
I'd love to see a cat Pokémon having two different forms for British Shorthair and British Longhair, a similar evolution mechanic to Cas/Silcoon; random.

Longhair's ability could be Fur Coat, for example.
Despite how frustrating that evolutionary method is, I'm surprised that Game Freak hasn't used it again. This would be a good idea for using it again.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Morpeko is officially the first PikaClone I actually like.

It has a very unique spin to it, separating it from the pack. The last one to come this close was Pachurisu, but simply because it was a squirrel instead of a mouse.

My wife loved Dedenna so that may have affected my appreciation. I honestly really liked Togedemaru, and had plans to use it, just never got around to it.

Hopefully it gets treated better than those two. With both of them their secondary typing feels like an accessory, not something it uses much (look at their movepools). Morepeko may have an edge though besides the type change signature move, it also kinda looked like it used something Dark Pulse like....... So it's prob a physical attacker.

Leonhart

Imagineer
paipr_christian said:
I honestly really liked Togedemaru, and had plans to use it, just never got around to it.

Same here. I ended up using Kuwagannon (Vikavolt) in the Gen VII games instead of Togedemaru in spite of liking the latter a lot. Morpeko is definitely cute and I like that it has a form change gimmick unlike past Pikachu clones, although I still plan on using Wanpachi (Yamper), instead. I really hope that Wanpachi will have an evolved form.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Yamper is a doggo I must protecc. If Rolycoly doesn't evolve into a Rock/Fire Pokemon I will be disappointed

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I think Rolycoly will evolve into either a motorcycle or locomotive, with the latter being very likely as some of the first trains were made in England. If it evolves into a train I’m naming it Thomas because it’s a British show. It’ll definitely become a Rock/Fire or Rock/Electric type. Hopefully Rock/Fire.

i like the idea of a cheetah pokemon but i wouldn't want it to be an electric type. instead i'd want it to be either fire type or dark type. rolycoly should also become part fire type if it even evolves.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I wouldn't mind a cheetah Pokemon since I like felines, but I wouldn't want the supposed cheetah Pokemon to be an Electric-type since we had a family of Electric-type felines already: the Kolink (Shinx) line. I'd want something a bit more original in terms of typing.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
i like the idea of a cheetah pokemon but i wouldn't want it to be an electric type. instead i'd want it to be either fire type or dark type. rolycoly should also become part fire type if it even evolves.
I think it should be neither of those seeing as we already have Liepard and Pyroar for cats with those typings. May not be the cat you want with those typings, but getting another would be redundant.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I personally like stunfisk but I think a Ground/Electric cheetah could to more with the typing,

I'm thinking of a two stage fast attacker with a new ability that gives it priority when using a physical move of one of it's types. (So in normal conditions physical Ground and Electric moves would get priority but if it was it hit by soak (for example) then physical water type moves would get priority instead)

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I think Rolycoly will evolve into either a motorcycle or locomotive, with the latter being very likely as some of the first trains were made in England. If it evolves into a train I’m naming it Thomas because it’s a British show. It’ll definitely become a Rock/Fire or Rock/Electric type. Hopefully Rock/Fire.

A Rock/Fire evolution with high physical stats (essentially an improved Magcargo) Is what I'm hoping for with Rolycoly. Solid Rock would be a great ability for it, though I'm expecting Heatproof and Steam Engine to carry through to any of Rolycoly's evolutions.